GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sad to hear, Macon was a lovely town. It seems as if we are going backwards :(

Let's hope that consolidating Bibb County and Macon city gov't and LE will help. They are trying to get it turned around.
Yes, it is lovely town and very historic.

Don't think it was that one. I think those were local gang trash. Check out the story that Amy did in the MT about the gangs not long ago. A couple of weeks?
I think Foxfire has referenced this correctly because Sills gave the street name of the individual named in the tip. JMO though...

The Macon Telegraph website is kicking me out today.
I was thinking about the story about some gang members from Atlanta who were finally caught for a murder at a gas station in 2011. But Macon is crawling with gangs and thugs. I love Macon, lived in and around Macon all my life, but I don't got here now unless I absolutely have to. And sometimes then, I get an friend who is well armed to go with me. Locals call it Macongo.

Yep, gang violence is rampant in Atlanta, Athens, Augusta, and Macon; all urban areas surrounding Eatonton/Putnam County, GA.. There is a task force formed focusing on MS13 and other violent gang members;

Feds: MS-13 Gang Responsible For Atlanta Violence
http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/feds-ms-13-gang-responsible-for-atlanta-violence/vCSbQ/

MOD NOTE:

• It is against the rules to post for-fee articles.

• It's also against the rules to post more than 10% of a published article.

Thanks.

07/10/2014 edition of the Eatonton Messenger.
There's a fee to read and I'm not clear if we are allowed to provide a link for the actual article?

Imo, Carolinapeach, you can't post the for-fee articles, but the article links and titles are free. Think it is OK to paraphrase the content of the articles. Guess, we may want to get a ruling from ws super moderator bessie, concerning posting the article links and titles of for-fee articles...

Imo, Carolinapeach, you can't post the for-fee articles, but the article links and titles are free. Think it is OK to paraphrase the content of the articles. Guess, we may want to get a ruling from ws super moderator bessie, concerning posting the article links and titles of for-fee articles...

That's what I was thinking but didn't want to violate a rule. That article takes a bit more effort to find than most too so a link would be more helpful, if someone wanted to pay to read.

I wanted to paraphrase that article for those who can't read it but found that one to be difficult. Especially, the first part about the prostitute tip.

What made SS think the Dermonds knew their killer(s)..even if it was just a casual relationship?

What made SS think the Dermonds knew their killer(s)..even if it was just a casual relationship?

Imo, SS came to this conclusion due to the fact that there was no signs of forced entry or a struggle.. Imo, there are a brazillian other scenarios that would explain away the lack of forced entry or struggle. We have discussed most of these scenarios over the past ten weeks.. "Frrruussstraaatteddd"...

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...utnam-sheriff-sills-murder-interview/8816001/
Putnam coroner: victim was beheaded
May 13, 2014 - Sheriff Howard Sills says the murder scene shows no sign of forced entry or a fight.

I think the theory that they knew their killer(s) limits the number of sensible scenarios. IMO, it's possible they had no clue who they were. Just because nothing looked disturbed, after the fact, doesn't necessarily indicate any type of familiarity between the Dermonds and the very disturbed person(s) who killed them.

Missed that! Still can't find it.

But then, I was looking for the name of the street, not his street name. We say "what he go by" . (Sometimes I worry about me.)

So "do he go by" Ping, Quinn, White Boy or Bear?

But then, I was looking for the name of the street, not his street name. We say "what he go by" . (Sometimes I worry about me.)

So "do he go by" Ping, Quinn, White Boy or Bear?

White Boy also known as Red per the description of the tip.

It would be much appreciated if no one posts links to any articles any sites that have pay walls, it is a waste of every-bodies time/bandwidth and just gives "hits" to the website. If you really must, then there should be a note above the link that the site requires subscription.

It would be much appreciated if no one posts links to any articles any sites that have pay walls, it is a waste of every-bodies time/bandwidth and just gives "hits" to the website. If you really must, then there should be a note above the link that the site requires subscription.

Well, the way this investigation appears to be going Rhyolite, we may all want to purchase an annual subscription to the Eatonton Messenger....

Interesting; The Gurkha Knife is likely used by martial artists, paramilitary security (NC mujahad), and military, imo.

http://civilianmilitaryintelligence...oldier-disciplined-for-beheading-dead-taliban
Gurkhas With Gurkha Knife, Made For Beheading
July 21, 2010: In Afghanistan, a British Gurkha is facing court martial for beheading a dead Taliban gunman.

<sniped - read more>
The trouble began when the accused Gurkha&#8217;s unit had been sent in pursuit of a group of Taliban believed to contain a local Taliban leader. When the Gurkhas caught up with the Taliban, a gun battle broke out and several of the enemy were killed. The Gurkhas were ordered to retrieve the bodies of the dead Taliban, to see if one of them was the wanted leader. But the Gurkhas were still under heavy fire, and the Gurkha who reached one body realized he could not drag it away without getting shot. Thinking fast, he cut off the dead Taliban&#8217;s head and scampered away to safety.

Dominiquie Vandenberg with kukri knives
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsk1ZSnT2cA

bootsctr
If there is a connection w death of GA bar-owner and the Dermonds' death, I'm missing it.
Except that all 3 deaths occurred in GA.
Is there something else linking them?

Thx in adv.

Apparently there were some prostitutes who told SS that she did "business at Lake Oconee." She was able to give a descdription of the entrance at Reynolds Plantation, but her description of the john and home did not match the Dermonds.

A good tip that SS really appreciated came from a former lawman in Oklahoma. Apparently someone was decapitated in Oklahoma and released and then disappeared. Going to google and see what that brings up.

This link requires a subscription http://www.msgr.com/news/crime/article_c73c87ea-0788-11e4-8ca1-001a4bcf887a.html

The above is a summary of the information I gathered from the article:

Wading through tips, records

Investigation continues in murder of local couple
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2014 12:00 am
Ron Bridgeman ron@msgr.com
One “plausible” lead involved some prostitutes.
Another dealt with murder suspects in Macon.
Neither panned out, and the two-month-old investigation into the murders of Russell and Shirley Dermond in the Great Waters community of Reynolds Plantation continues.

SAID........"possible"............. Dermond was not killed at the house, could be OUTSIDE the House? Or in another location, I think outside, possibly in garage, there was some blood there, right? But not alot of blood splatter? Or not enought to indicate a shooting in the garage correct?

Also, don't know why they think it was a gunshot, would love to know the answer to that pondering, I feel like it was also BFT, if it occurred in garage, if not, maybe shot outside, and drug back in the garage to hide him til their getaway and then, well, the rest of what they did to D, inside garage?

So now thinking again, why not leave them both or take them both? If he wasn't bleeding so much due to mortis, why not take him too if they were concerned about leaving a blood trail to the car or the dock, which wouldn't have been so much if after mortis set in and after beheading

1-for effect, someone wanted it to be known
2-hide evidence (why not take his body off too, see #1)
3-took SD only to confuse the investigative trail

To me, 1 and 3 makes the most sense

Also thinking, she was alive and could walk at the time of abduction, so walked willingly with perps, he would have had to be carried if already dead, so then it was easy to take her if she was alive, he was not, another reason he was left behind possibly?

So that would indicate, the perps wanted information from here that couldn't get from him? Didn't get it from her either, so BFT and lake because they had left the D's property, certainly wasn't going to go BACK to the crime scene I would think

For lack of blood in the garage, the beheading must've occurred an hour or more after his death? Could taken place in the garage, can't see this taking place in the yard, too much chance someone might drive up or boat up

But IDK, just thinking out loud

I HOPE, they went at the same time due to surprise BFT, so neither had to witness anything horrific

My laptop went "poof" so it's been a couple of weeks since I've done anything other than just glance at WS (trying times for me, to say the least!). Now, I'm surprised and saddened by the fact I haven't missed much on this case.

RE: Oklahoma lead... could it be related to the Carina Saunders case?? It doesn't seem to fit same circumstances (imo) but ???

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/24/jimmy-massey-luis-ruiz-murder-carin-saunders_n_1697566.html

http://newsok.com/murder-charges-dismissed-in-carina-saunders-homicide-case/article/3758920

http://www.news9.com/story/24595599/detective-connected-to-carina-saunders-case-let-go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mustanglawton