GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened? Foxfire, I wanted to verify your thoughts regarding the Dermonds' murders. They were chosen as random by the NC as retribution against SS and LO specifically. Do you think some recon was done prior to the murders though? It was reported that the Dermonds were last seen by family members on April 29th. We know on the NC website that there is the pic on 28th saying "the day isn't over yet". Surely they picked the Dermonds because of the isolation of their home and felt they could "conquer and divide" the elderly couple. Do you think the NC were aware of the Derby Party too?

What happened? Foxfire, I wanted to verify your thoughts regarding the Dermonds' murders. They were chosen as random by the NC as retribution against SS and LO specifically. Do you think some recon was done prior to the murders though? It was reported that the Dermonds were last seen by family members on April 29th. We know on the NC website that there is the pic on 28th saying "the day isn't over yet". Surely they picked the Dermonds because of the isolation of their home and felt they could "conquer and divide" the elderly couple. Do you think the NC were aware of the Derby Party too?

Bootsctr, yes, all indicators point to the Dermond abduction and murders being very well planned and meticulously executed by well trained perp/s, likely martial arts/paramilitary/military trained. They would have likely done a recon mission and trial run/s prior to the execution date, imo.. Recons are SOP for military type missions..
I am going to lurk for awhile. I spend many hours researching and providing msm links to justify the NC theory[modsnip].

Wouldn't you think that somene's camera on the lake would have caught something. The Nuabians would be very hard to miss. Certainly worth a try. If recon was done, something has to be.on someones camera!

And....I'll bet most of those wealthy whites in RP are more handcuffed on what they can and cannot do on their property than most people in GA. It's called homeowner's covenants.

I keep getting bumped off the thread and I haven't touched or said a thing!

Anyhoo, I will now. After reading today's posts, this is what I have surmised ; lack of fear in RP is odd. In another case, the residents were up in arms and warned to be careful of those comng to their door.
Another case showed how the son of a couple was very active in attempting to findhis parents perps. Is it odd that we don't hear from the Dermond kids?

So Lake Oconee...just what are the people in the Publix or RP saying?! If I were to go and ask, what would they say toe

About the lack of fear. I think the lack of fear is as contagious as fear would be. I am not afraid, my friends aren't afraid. True, some people have dusted off their pistols and are using their alarm systems more conscientiously. But that's just acting like we should have been all along.

I am surprised that's there's so little talk. People seem to have already talked it over and have their own theories. If you were to ask, people will tell you their theories. From what I hear, the overwhelming feeling is that this was something specific to that family. And that whoever did this is long gone. I think that's almost a quote from someone of this thread describing what their friends/relatives who live here say. I also said previously that many people do not think this will be solved.

I have not heard anybody mention Foxfire's prime suspects, the Nauwaubians. Of course I live in Greene County and altho we were aware of them back in the day, we weren't directly affected by them. The last time I heard of them was probably 8 or 10 years ago. A couple of the women, who were said to be excellent employees, worked at the Ritz Carlton in housekeeping or food service. I don't believe they have been there for a while.

As long as I am posting, I would suggest that Mrs. D's body could have been put in the lake at dawn or twilight. Lots of fisherman then, and they wouldn't be noticed. I also don't think they left with her from they D's dock. But that's just my personal view. Haven't heard anything through the grapevine to support it.

Thanks LO. So what, in your opinion, happened to Mrs. D. if she didn't leave/or was not taken at her dock? Also, this may seem like a terrible question but are there many black fishermen on Lake Oconee?

LO: If you don't think they left with her from the dock, how did Mrs. D end up in the lake? From some other place than the 5 miles downstream from their home? I wonder why they even separated Mr & Mrs D...? Kidnapping and beheading just go beyond my imagination. And especially to kidnap then kill. I am so confused, although I can see how people think it was specific to this family. They were chosen, for whatever reason; I believe that reason has to be money (if that's how it went down). I just don't think I've ever read of a hired killer who was a hunter/fisherman, and that leads me to believe it was someone at least somewhat acquainted with them and they wanted to get paid.

If you all will just humor me for a minute...forget what SS said. If, if, Mrs. D. was unloaded at the spot TomKat zeroed in on from the shore (the white van),
how deep is the water there. Could she have been put in there along with Mr. D's head? The perps may have thought it was far away from the Dermond home when actually, by water, it wasn't far. I think these killers were very good at their job but not the sharpest tools in the shed.

If you all will just humor me for a minute...forget what SS said. If, if, Mrs. D. was unloaded at the spot TomKat zeroed in on from the shore (the white van),
how deep is the water there. Could she have been put in there along with Mr. D's head? The perps may have thought it was far away from the Dermond home when actually, by water, it wasn't far. I think these killers were very good at their job but not the sharpest tools in the shed.

I agree with you Razz, that the perp(s) were not the sharpest tools in the shed. If this was a contract killing, the beheading and the placing of Mrs. D. in the water, could have been improvised. Someone who is capable of murdering two elderly people for a profit, probably has a few loose screws, and decided to make this crime their own. :twocents:

IMHO

I have an idea. I didn't care for the Eatonton reporter's responses to Foxfire's excellent questions..."Well, you'd have to ask him that question"..., So., why not? Imagine if you were to get a 2 hour meeting w/ SS. What questions would you ask him? For those interested, we could each take an aspect of the case and prepare questions re; condition of the house, the state of Mrs D's body, the state of Mr D's body; the guardgate etc We could come up with a very comptehensive list of questions.

Remember the Chandra Levy case? A group of kids working on a school project reopened the case, studied it and within a short time, they had it solved.

About the lack of fear. I think the lack of fear is as contagious as fear would be. I am not afraid, my friends aren't afraid. True, some people have dusted off their pistols and are using their alarm systems more conscientiously. But that's just acting like we should have been all along.

I am surprised that's there's so little talk. People seem to have already talked it over and have their own theories. If you were to ask, people will tell you their theories. From what I hear, the overwhelming feeling is that this was something specific to that family. And that whoever did this is long gone. I think that's almost a quote from someone of this thread describing what their friends/relatives who live here say. I also said previously that many people do not think this will be solved.

I have not heard anybody mention Foxfire's prime suspects, the Nauwaubians. Of course I live in Greene County and altho we were aware of them back in the day, we weren't directly affected by them. The last time I heard of them was probably 8 or 10 years ago. A couple of the women, who were said to be excellent employees, worked at the Ritz Carlton in housekeeping or food service. I don't believe they have been there for a while.

As long as I am posting, I would suggest that Mrs. D's body could have been put in the lake at dawn or twilight. Lots of fisherman then, and they wouldn't be noticed. I also don't think they left with her from they D's dock. But that's just my personal view. Haven't heard anything through the grapevine to support it.

<BBM for emphasis> I'm not convinced the perps left by boat with Mrs. D's body either. I don't think Mr. D's head is in the lake, but that too is just my personal view. I think Mr. D's head will be found.....

I have an idea. I didn't care for the Eatonton reporter's responses to Foxfire's excellent questions..."Well, you'd have to ask him that question"..., So., why not? Imagine if you were to get a 2 hour meeting w/ SS. What questions would you ask him? For those interested, we could each take an aspect of the case and prepare questions re; condition of the house, the state of Mrs D's body, the state of Mr D's body; the guardgate etc We could come up with a very comptehensive list of questions.

Remember the Chandra Levy case? A group of kids working on a school project reopened the case, studied it and within a short time, they had it solved.

I, too thought the Eatonton reporter's response to our friend Foxfire were rather condescending and lacked a real concern and understanding of the murders of the Dermonds. Probably a young kid who'd rather be reporting on something more exciting than a murdered elderly couple...

Been tempted to e-mail SS's some questions. . . Just don't want to end up on the suspect list. He seems like a nice guy, but no nonsense. I think the questions members have come up with here at Websleuths rank right up there with the investigative reporters questions....

Chandra Levy - I don't remember the part of the college kids reopening her case. Not sure if I agree with the suspect they arrested in her murder. Never could get past the creepy congressman and their affair.... But, hey! Our thoughts and differences of opinion are what make this a great site. I do find it sad that FF has decided to sit on the sideline. I felt he brought a lot to our websleuths table.... :tyou: :stay:

I met FF on Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Morrissey's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...7130&highlight=elizabeth+collins#post10767130

NEW HD VIDEO 2nd Annual Memorial Ride & Drive for the Girls

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152630538450439

I found FF's posts very enlightening and knowledgable. I can honestly say I have learned something from everyone I have met on Websleuths.

Justice for the Dermonds! If indeed the Dermonds were just picked at random then I do feel we are in for a very long wait in finding the killers. Here's to hoping SS keeps an open mind...:toastred:

Wouldn't you think that somene's camera on the lake would have caught something. The Nuabians would be very hard to miss. Certainly worth a try. If recon was done, something has to be.on someones camera!

What do they look like?

Thanks LO. So what, in your opinion, happened to Mrs. D. if she didn't leave/or was not taken at her dock? Also, this may seem like a terrible question but are there many black fishermen on Lake Oconee?

Try for input on a couple of questions. I do think she was taken by boat to the spot she was discovered in the lake. I just don't think the boat left form the D's dock. There is really no way to get to where she was found by land. The closest "road' is an old woods road high along the ridge above that wildlife plot. The road is not accessible anymore and may be too overgrown to use. I just happen to know it's there. The woods are thick there. The area has huge granite boulders which are beautiful. I think one of them may have been assumed to be a white van. No way a van could get down to the lake through the woods to the Greene County side of the lake where she was found. The site is not far at all from the boat landing at Long Shoals in Putnam County.

There are black people in fishing boats (and other boats) on the lake, but many more white people.

Nothing new on the Eatonton Messenger until next week. . . For now

http://www.msgr.com/lake_oconee_new...844-0d19-11e4-ad46-001a4bcf887a.html?mode=jqm

And that's about all I can say about that.

Greene County Georgia Sheriff's Office
Government Organization - Reynolds Plantation House Fire 07/10/2014(VIDEO)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=826448857396016&set=vb.192979447409630&type=2&theater
More Pics front view of home> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...982.1073741882.192979447409630&type=1&theater
https://www.facebook.com/GREENESO?fref=photo

Huge lightning bolt hit the chimney and went to the lower level and the house basically exploded in flames. My friend saw the bolt that hit the house. Owners and their pets were out of town. No injuries.
Another house in RP was hit by lightning and suffered some damage during the same storm as well as a third house in another subdivision in Greene County.

Thanks Boots, LO and DIIK- I don't know what the Nubians (sp) look like. But with a name like that, I figured they must have 3 eyes and are 8 feet tall.
LO, where do you think Mrs. D was taken from if not at her dock? Please be specific. And Boots, why and where do you think Mr. D's head will be found if not at the.bottom of the lake? Thanks!

hahaha, good one

African American

not many whites in there if any, but IDK for sure, but I think they would not have been in their cult attire in this case, could have hired someone also, white

I would still like to know if RD was in pj's, everyday clothing, or nude.....................I don't know where that would lead anything but wondered why it was never reported, may have been a reason

FF decided to sit on the sidelines?? WHY?! I enjoy his input and knowledge............... and you can put people on your ignore list :D

At any rate, we are all asking the same questions for months now........... seems the NC theory seems to answer all or most of our questions............:thinking:

Hmm interesting about the fire boots ! Did they find the cause?!

What do they look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member