GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, it does! That particular trip, my tires blew out, radiator overheated, and spark plugs needed replacing too. Alll because of the heat- about every 30 miles we were having car problems.

All I can say having grown up in TX and living now in southern AZ is ya gotta have good AC. I just get in and blast the AC and get going. Opening the windows doesn't help me if there is no breeze, I have no patience for it. Having soon to be cold air blowing on me gets me past the initial heat and my truck sits outside all the time. But all this conversation about this topic reiterates that unlike other types of death, a jury will have some idea of how horrible a death this was. And getting a jury to believe the unconscionable, dooming your child to a heat death, will be an uphill battle I'm afraid.

Thankyou. That is pretty much the result I was expecting. When playing in the house my kids have never fully made it out. Legs are hard to wiggle free. Maybe in a radian, but even that is a long shot.

I really don't think there was anything sinister about the way he was buckled. Most parents use seats wrong. They're simply lazy.

BBM. I do considering Cooper was just put back into a rear-facing infant seat that was too small for him, when 2 weeks prior he'd been in a correct size forward facing seat. They switched out the car seats between Leanna & Ross's vehicles, so I think buckling him down on the tightest straps was part of the plan to ensure he wouldn't escape his fate.

Waiting for Linda and Lina to catch up :waiting:

I also wonder what tomorrow's search warrants will bring. I'm hoping it's something new and not just the stuff we learned from the hearing.
I'm hoping.they release them before the 6:00am news!

Live Blogs from Probable Cause Hearing

HLNTV Live Blog (best read from the bottom up)

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/07/03/justin-ross-harris-cooper-toddler-hot-car-death-live-blog

News Updated: 4:37 p.m. Thursday, July 3, 2014 | Posted: 1:39 p.m. Thursday, July 3, 2014

Live Blog Inside the courtroom By Christian Boone (best read from the bottom up)

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/inside-the-courtroom/ngYcc/

Many of the public's comments at hlntv's site are up in arms that LE brought out the sexting by stating it was done to embarrass and humiliate. The [disgusting] sexting while at work is HDs business. My outrage was formed when I learned of his and LHs internet research. Sexting a whole different issue than surfing the net for how long it takes to die in a hot car. I did not need to know he was a pedophile to know he was guilty of premeditating the murder of his tiny baby boy named Cooper.

moo and all that jazz

IMO I'm far far more concerned by his other research activities....

Sending a 16-17 year year old a photo of his junk is disturbing...and he should be charged and prosecuted for it...

I'm MORE concerned with the seemingly intentional murder of his own son.

I do think the sexting illustrates that he wanted to simply be free ...he wanted to live his life like he was not married and did not have a son.
He wanted to be single and carefree,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO the sending dic pics to someone under the age of 18 was spot on.
They were asking
for bond. It.was said he was not a danger to society.
Ask any mother of a 16/17 yr old girl and she will say she doesn't want him out sending those images to their daughter.
He is a or was a respected member of the church and worked with youth refereeing football games.
Good reason to keep him while they search for more.
I bet they find it too.
moo

Even if he did desperately want a son (which is kind of sick, Imo...that the baby "must" be a son), that would not guarantee he would be satisfied with the one he had, if for some reason Cooper did not fulfill his years of fantasies about being "soccer dad". Though how one could tell before aged two is pretty bizarre. I am thinking more of the "terrible twos" and that R just did not like the part of a toddler maybe not always being easy and obedient and subservient...jmo. And that he blames the specific child in his mind, rather than the fact that this is more common than not. Jmo

I have a little one a month older than Cooper. It's such a cute stage but they can have their tantrums too. Add into that, LH obviously didn't bond, probably too depressed, and full time day care. Cooper may have been letting down at home the stress of his days with 2 Narcissistic, invalidating parents...he was all on his own long before being abandoned to die a slow, torturous death in Dad's hot car. As others have said, he didn't have a chance with these 2.

All I can say having grown up in TX and living now in southern AZ is ya gotta have good AC. I just get in and blast the AC and get going. Opening the windows doesn't help me if there is no breeze, I have no patience for it. Having soon to be cold air blowing on me gets me past the initial heat and my truck sits outside all the time. But all this conversation about this topic reiterates that unlike other types of death, a jury will have some idea of how horrible a death this was. And getting a jury to believe the unconscionable, dooming your child to a heat death, will be an uphill battle I'm afraid.

Did you watch the vet video? I was kinda nervous to watch it, since I usually don't handle that type of stuff well. But I was not shocked at all. The inside temp of the car was like 116'ish at the max after 30 mins. He was sweating and very uncomfortable but, to be honest, he was describing the rivulets of sweat running down that I experience on the walk from the parking lot to my next meeting when it's 116 outside. I have to believe that the temp in the vehicle Cooper died in was WAY higher than 116 and/or that the baby didn't die within an hour, as has been suggested on tv. I'm sure tinies have a harder time dealing with that heat, but still. As a fellow Arizonan used to dealing with 115+ temps, what do you think?

This article is interesting regarding the legality of sexting minors in GA

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/local/atlanta-schools-parents-and-law-try-to-deal-with-s/nQfPw/

"Georgia law is so conflicted it’s legal for teenagers to have sex at 16, but those same teenagers can be arrested for sending naked pictures to each other."

While that might be so, that doesn't help him, does it?
He didn't sleep with a minor (as far as I know) but allegedly send photo to the minor. So seems he is out of luck.

While that might be so, that doesn't help him, does it?
He didn't sleep with a minor (as far as I know) but allegedly send photo to the minor. So seems he is out of luck.

I'm personally thrilled.

Now go to the testimony about the CFA worker who said RH goes there all of the time.

The defense had RHs debit card hx and the prosecution had nothing.

What is your point? Detective testified that RH goes to CFA a lot. So what do you think his debit cards are going to prove?

I seriously doubt there is likely to be medical evidence on smell. Now, there might be on hearing. How does loss of hearing in one ear effect the brain to forget his son, and he eyes to not see him?

And the jury is absolutely free to see a defense tactic and desperate and pathetic...even with medical evidence.

And he still can hear out of the other ear. It's not like he is totally deaf. So in a small car he should have heard his child.

Did you watch the vet video? I was kinda nervous to watch it, since I usually don't handle that type of stuff well. But I was not shocked at all. The inside temp of the car was like 116'ish at the max after 30 mins. He was sweating and very uncomfortable but, to be honest, he was describing the rivulets of sweat running down that I experience on the walk from the parking lot to my next meeting when it's 116 outside. I have to believe that the temp in the vehicle Cooper died in was WAY higher than 116 and/or that the baby didn't die within an hour, as has been suggested on tv. I'm sure tinies have a harder time dealing with that heat, but still. As a fellow Arizonan used to dealing with 115+ temps, what do you think?

I haven't looked anything up but my memory of measured hot car temps from news stories are much higher that 115 after a very short period of time. I fear it took CH longer than an hour to pass too because it was morning when he was left. Where are the tears from these parents for this child?

I also live in the desert. My car read 124 degrees today when I got inside. I, too, don't roll the windows down. I wait for the AC to cool the car down. However, there's a big difference in being outside when it's 115-120 degrees and being in a hot, shut car. If I sit in my car for more than a few minutes without the AC on or doors open I start to feel horrible really quickly.

Also, hasn't it been reported that he died close to noon? That's longer than an hour after being in the parking lot.

I wonder if when he googled age of consent and found it was 16 that he thought that went for sending photos too?

I disagree with you, and I grew up in AZ and still visit there often even in summer. This is why: when my daughter was an infant, we were driving in Northern CA and got stuck in a horrible traffic jam on the freeway. Our car had no AC and temps outside were around 100-105. I turned back to look at her and she was beet red and in distress, not even able to really cry (unusual for her!). We adults and even her 4 yr old brother were uncomfortable but she was in immediate danger.

I seriously doubt there is likely to be medical evidence on smell. Now, there might be on hearing. How does loss of hearing in one ear effect the brain to forget his son, and he eyes to not see him?

And the jury is absolutely free to see a defense tactic and desperate and pathetic...even with medical evidence.
An audiogram would prove hearing loss and degree of it or lack of it and which ear(s).

What is your point? Detective testified that RH goes to CFA a lot. So what do you think his debit cards are going to prove?

The defense was trying to say the usual scenario is that he takes Cooper to DC first and then he goes to CFA and then to work. Taking Cooper to CFA with him is a special occasion and that when he left CFA, he thought he had already taken him to DC because that is his usual routine.

It sounds like both of these sensory disorders were discussed with people well before Cooper died. Hopefully there are medical tests that can be used to prove he is or is not deficient in both of these areas.

Didn't see your post or I would've multi-quoted it. An audiogram will prove whether he had hearing loss or not in one or both ears and the degree of it.

Didn't see your post or I would've multi-quoted it. An audiogram will prove whether he had hearing loss or not in one or both ears and the degree of it.

Can you fake out an audiogram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member