GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JVM talking to the vet who made the video on being in a hot car, and how dogs will try to claw their way out and how he was too tall for the car seat and thrashing his head to try to get out.

the straps are adjustable, so yes, they would indeed work in the instant position. If the straps had been lengthened to give a bit more play to account for his poor little shoulders although they would IMO have been hunched forward in an awkward uncomfortable position, it would only serve to make Cooper have a very uncomfortable ride. Or are you saying someone altered teh car seat to the infant (lowest tier of strap holes) position AFTER Cooper had been removed dead from the vehicle?

It seems as if everyone is in agreement that the strapping tightly in may go to premeditation so I am confused by the thing that is being argued because it feels like those debating are actually saying the same thing in different ways or something.

The child was strapped into the seat, per RH, tightly. Fact.
The officer described the carseat, upon examination, as being set up with the straps coming through the infant (lowest slot). Fact.

maybe I need :coffee: because I am lost as can be on this whole deal.

No wonder we are lost... This is the general discussion thread. There is another specific thread for the car seat discussion, etc. In my opinion- that's where the car seat posts need to be made. I want to know whats going on now and if any news etc. I'm not being rude or mean, it's difficult to wade through these and all the back and forth going on...

Car Seat Thread
[url]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?249256-general-car-seat-information-and-discussion-(discuss-measurements-and-requirements)
[/URL]

I didn't catch her name, sorry. She is kind of dismissing the sexting, etc. I don't think this lady really knew the real Ross. I don't think many of his friends did. moo

ETA I will look for a video or transcript of the interview tomorrow.
Were her initials KR?

A panicked thrashing about is how I picture it. Not a gentle movement at all.
And it appears LE agrees that's how he got the abrasions.

[modsnip] for the baby to receive an abrasion to the back of his head is if he raised his body and the back of his head hit an un-padded portion of his car seat or one of the front seats six inches away. The seat was in the rear-facing position therefore there was only air and those car seats beyond it. [modsnip] for a baby to raise his body upward in a car seat is if the straps are not buckled with the crotch strap. At no time did any detective testify that the child was properly secured in the car seat by the father.

JMO

Missed her name, but it looked like an older woman, Chris somebody discussing their infertility. Like he would be more committed to the marriage because of it. Then they went to commercial.

More committed because of infertility? Yea, right.

The only way for the baby to receive an abrasion to the back of his head is if he raised his body and the back of his head hit an un-padded portion of his car seat or one of the front seats six inches away. The seat was in the rear-facing position therefore there was only air and those car seats beyond it. The only way for a baby to raise his body upward in a car seat is if the straps are not buckled with the crotch strap. At no time did any detective testify that the child was properly secured in the car seat by the father.

JMO

Or from being laid on the hot cement and the reviving efforts if chest compressions...IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vet saying the when a pet is left in a car they destroy the car trying to get out. Claw themselves bloody.. :(
[emoji33]Oh gosh! And yes! You are right I bet it was seizures. My brain doesn't want to think that.

The only way for the baby to receive an abrasion to the back of his head is if he raised his body and the back of his head hit an un-padded portion of his car seat or one of the front seats six inches away. The seat was in the rear-facing position therefore there was only air and those car seats beyond it. The only way for a baby to raise his body upward in a car seat is if the straps are not buckled with the crotch strap. At no time did any detective testify that the child was properly secured in the car seat by the father.

JMO

No. That is not the only way. He could have been pulling his own hair, scratching above his head reaching for someone. He could have just rubbed his head over and over in a horrific frenzy. There is no only. And the child was strapped in. That is a fact. It is testified to and there is video of him strapping the child in.

Or from being laid on the hot cement and the reviving efforts if chest compressions...IMO

The baby was already dead at that point, the abrasions were not post-mortem as far as I understand what was said in court.

Assuming this was intentional and planned...I wonder if he (or they) decided this was a "passive" manner of getting rid of their baby, i.e leave him to his chances (or to "God's will" maybe in their case) and then they would not feel they had personally killed him. Instead they could tell themselves he was "taken" by God.

Also, if his head was above the seat, I wonder if there were other parts of the car that his head could have scraped against in an effort to free himself...?

He was long dead by then. The injuries to a dead body would be different than to an alive child.

JMO

Could the injuries on the back of the head have been administered by the parents? Maybe they were beating Cooper?

No wonder we are lost... This is the general discussion thread. There is another specific thread for the car seat discussion, etc. In my opinion- that's where the car seat posts need to be made. I want to know whats going on now and if any news etc. I'm not being rude or mean, it's difficult to wade through these and all the back and forth going on...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ssion-(discuss-measurements-and-requirements)

I think if you are just talking about the car seat it goes there, If you are talking about his death in the seat it seems like it belongs here. IMO

except didn't Stoddard testify to the abrasions being caused pre death and not post death at the hearing?

Assuming this was intentional and planned...I wonder if he (or they) decided this was a "passive" manner of getting rid of their baby, i.e leave him to his chances (or to "God's will" maybe in their case) and then they would not feel they had personally killed him. Instead they could tell themselves he was "taken" by God.

My opinion, leaving the child in the car is basically the perfect method to get away with murder. Most people who forgot their child in the car (or claim they forgotten their child) get away with it. And in fact get sympathy and donations from the community.

Former University of Alabama classmate Kris*** R**** says she knew Harris from 2010 to 2012, when they graduated. "He was a very family-oriented, nice, genuinely great guy," she told TODAY. "He was very computer-savvy, he was able to help me out on projects when I needed it. ...He was very outgoing, he would tell jokes, he was the life of the class."
http://m.today.com/news/police-scrutinize-mother-over-toddlers-death-hot-car-1D79887209
This woman was on the Today Show this morning.

*****funny thing, His child hadn't been born yet, so she really has no clue! imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper