GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

My own ... I found him annoying and unbelievable and with an ax to grind.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ITA, Linda! That is my take on him as well.

It's obvious to me that this person is a drama queen, is lying, and looking for his 15 minutes or more.

I am just catching up here and I don't think this will be a popular opinion but I am really concerned about the prosecution having enough evidence at trial. If LEO are looking for light bulbs at the home and reenacting the scene of the crime, that doesn't seem very air-tight to me... And have we been able to determine a solid motive or is it speculation at this point?

I know where I stand and I know the popular opinion here, but a jury will not decide this case based on "just knowing" he is guilty.

I don't know if I think LH saw RH today or not, if she did it was very brief. I too am familiar with jail visit procedures (lots of LE, jailer and prison guard friends and acquaintances). If she went through processing and visited it was a very short one. Like 5-7 minutes.

If there was a visit, even that short, oh to be a fly on that wall ;)

She was only in there 37 minutes ~~not nxarly enough to get checked in avd video chat. Don't think she even saw him ~moo

I noticed that the video at the fox news link popsicle posted regarding the tox screen results specifically said that she videoconferenced with him. I don't remember what thread that was posted in, but it's here somewhere and it was today.

That is disturbing, **BUT** it crossed my mind that I don't have any context to put this comment in. What if LH had just asked him, "Ross, how could you drive all the way to the mall with little Cooper in the backseat when you knew he was dead???" Would it be *as* strange if RH then said, "I was dreading how he would look. I couldn't look at him after what I did. How could I be so stupid??? I was trying to think how to tell you. I was afraid so I just drove." I know it's a stretch, but sometimes context makes all the difference.
Who stops to think how their child is going to look like at a time like that? Not me.

Infused vodkas are all the rage right now, especially Skittles infused. This doesn't seem unusual to me at all.
Ahh, yes! It was pinned two years ago.
He was still in school then.
moo
I thought he was trying to get Cooper or underage girls to drink it .
moo

I think the witness on scene - last name M - has exagerated everything he saw and heard in his head. I do not think he is purposefully lying. I believe he believes things happened as he described. But the facts seem to belie his account of things.

Most witnesses recounted seeing and hearing RH squeal to a stop and jump out of his car creating a big ruccus which drew the crowd to come towards him from inside area businesses and from around the general area outside those businesses.

LE was on the scene very quickly according to everyone (LE included) else.

I do not think this witness is a bad person. I think this event has troubled him greatly and he needs to remember it this way for his own mental health reasons. JMO It is a much easier pill to swallow than the truth of what really happened that day. Again just :moo:

Maybe he isn't consciously exaggerating, embellishing his story and trying to make himself out to be far more important in the situation than he actually was but that is what worries me. The fact that he's all over the media with his enhanced/slanted account of events makes him dangerous on the principle that if you repeat a lie enough times people come to believe it's the truth.

sunflower, I think they are trying to determine if there was a need for lightbulbs or if the trip to buy lightbulbs which caused his friends to drop him of near his car at lunch was actually needed. I do not think the case against him hinges on it but it would IMO go toward premeditation, which is not needed for a guilty in this case but would help IMO with the jury.

I think they have what they need but the defense will chip away and so the more you have the better MOO

During driver's training, a million years ago for me, I learned that we are supposed to look in our rearview mirror. Otherwise, we would not have a rearview mirror.

Try backing up without looking in your rearview mirror.

I suppose it can be done, but you may hit a pedestrian or another car.

You're supposed to turn fully around to back up.

Definitely. Those sub-reddits can be so vile. I'm sure it was nothing that makes him look good, but we will have to see.

IIRC the childfree subreddit didn't close, it went private. I wish I had the skills to sneak in and check it out. No way am I going to join reddit and no way in hel... am I gonna join "childfree." Maybe we have a few resident hackers? Yoohooooo....

Ahh, yes! It was pinned two years ago.
He was still in school then.
moo
I thought he was trying to get Cooper or underage girls to drink it .
moo

Well having it on hand for underage girls isn't that far fetched given his "indiscretions".

I think the witness on scene - last name M - has exagerated everything he saw and heard in his head. I do not think he is purposefully lying. I believe he believes things happened as he described. But the facts seem to belie his account of things.

Most witnesses recounted seeing and hearing RH squeal to a stop and jump out of his car creating a big ruccus which drew the crowd to come towards him from inside area businesses and from around the general area outside those businesses.

LE was on the scene very quickly according to everyone (LE included) else.

I do not think this witness is a bad person. I think this event has troubled him greatly and he needs to remember it this way for his own mental health reasons. JMO It is a much easier pill to swallow than the truth of what really happened that day. Again just :moo:

:ditto: ITA! Did I find him annoying, a drama king looking for his 15 minutes of fame? Yes. I posted so in the hearing thread while he was on the stand. Is he believable? No, not, imo. But, is the WS TOS line being crossed by sleuthing him (posting about his arrest records)? JMO.

ETA: just jumping off your post tlcya, not accusing you of anything. :smile:

That is disturbing, **BUT** it crossed my mind that I don't have any context to put this comment in. What if LH had just asked him, "Ross, how could you drive all the way to the mall with little Cooper in the backseat when you knew he was dead???" Would it be *as* strange if RH then said, "I was dreading how he would look. I couldn't look at him after what I did. How could I be so stupid??? I was trying to think how to tell you. I was afraid so I just drove." I know it's a stretch, but sometimes context makes all the difference.

Good thinking. Do you have any thoughts on why she could have asked him "did you say too much". I can't think of any context for that.

IIRC the childfree subreddit didn't close, it went private. I wish I had the skills to sneak in and check it out. No way am I going to join reddit and no way in hel... am I gonna join "childfree." Maybe we have a few resident hackers? Yoohooooo....

You can view the headlines and a bit of text at the cached page.

When took drivers ed, many years ago, we were told never to turn around to back up. We were taught to use our mirrors!

It must have changed or they just teach it different but I took driver's Ed four years ago (I was 21) and was taught you are to put your hand on the passenger's seat and turn and look behind you while backing out. They said don't just use your mirror, it's too dangerous. My husband also told me this while teaching me and he learned to drive a long time ago.

He spoke of it before on Reddit ... He said it was the result of a bottle rocket accident.

Unless he was blind...he has no excuse for not SEEING his son. IMO

His head was six inches away from his sons head. He sat in his parked car for 30 seconds before getting out to go to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMHO - he doesn't have an excuse for not hearing him either - is he going to try to say that he could not hear a child (this is assuming Cooper was talking, singing, saying,"red car, red truck") - with his left ear? I do not buy that - if the child made a noise he was not whispering! If he was that handicapped - he should never have been left alone with his child. What if there were an emergency at home (fall, spill, wild animal breaks into apartment - jk )- and Cooper happened to be on RH's right side??? I'm not buying that and I expect the prosecutor will make short work if that is his big excuse! -imho

Um...........ok, I've read comments about them being religious ("seriously Christain", etc.) here and I don't think an individual is very religious when they are sexting and posting pics of their junk.
Unless I passed up that belief system when I was studying different "main stream" religions.

That would be more on the lines if adultery, I would think. Even though he didn't actually commit it might as well have, showing pictures of his penis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It must have changed or they just teach it different but I took driver's Ed four years ago (I was 21) and was taught you are to put your hand on the passenger's seat and turn and look behind you while backing out. They said don't just use your mirror, it's too dangerous. My husband also told me this while teaching me and he learned to drive a long time ago.

No, hasn't changed from the way I learned. That's exactly the way I was taught in Driver's Ed, too. And, for me that was waaay back in the day, lol.

Good thinking. Do you have any thoughts on why she could have asked him "did you say too much". I can't think of any context for that.

I can...sort of playing devil's advocate. I've noted that he seems to have a tendency to 'say too much', over-explain, embellish and maybe he has a short fuse when his judgment or veracity is questioned. This would be a trait of his she would be familiar with. We know from the cops he said stuff like he would lose his job, why was he being punished and he'd be a felon so in that context it would make sense to me that she'd be anxious he said too much. IE not so much as a consciousness of guilt but maybe an awareness that his tendency to run his mouth had gotten him in trouble before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper