GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guilty because it took less than a minute from the time he strapped him in his car seat, kissed him "goodbye" to forget to take Cooper to day care. Goes to work, backs the car up, gets into the parking spot, takes 30 seconds to get out of the car then goes into work. Then goes out to his car at lunch, looks in and tosses in the light bulbs, the on his way home from work he FINALLY realizes he forgets???? Plus his internet search on child free life, dogs and kids left in hot cars, plus the mere fact that I DON'T LIKE HIM! ok, that is not enough to convict me I'm tossing it in there :D

I don't like him either. His face makes me want to just take my garden hose and shoot it at him or shave like a huge line down the middle of his stupid hair.

Sent from my iPhone

Yet he didn't forget breakfast or lunch!
He was at Chic fil a 19 min?
From 9:00-9:19
I guess he got to his desk
by 9:30
Then at 12:49 he is standing in the parking lot at his car.

I need to check the time line, it seems like it wasn't even 3 hours before he's off to lunch.
I wonder what he ate, a big Publix sub?
Hmm, did that Publix have a sit down lunch area... I need to check.

He was at Chic fil a 19 min?
From 9:00-9:19
I guess he got to his desk
by 9:30
Then at 12:49 he is standing in the parking lot at his car.

I need to check the time line, it seems like it wasn't even 3 hours before he's off to lunch.
I wonder what he ate, a big Publix sub?
Hmm, did that Publix have a sit down lunch area... I need to check.

Yeah and why was he so late to work? Honestly if I were that late, I would not have stopped for breakfast.

Another question: WHY did he even have to go to daycare full time if mom worked at home? I work from home (marketing/pr/ad) and have to meet with clients. Between H and I, I arrange things so we rarely have to use a sitter and even then, it's at our house.

I know every situation is different, but I am just curious. There may be a perfectly logical explanations.

Sent from my iPhone

the $2.000 policy was through HD, a not uncommon benefit offered by big corps. MOO

Haven't seen it reported yet where the $25,000 policy was purchased but do recall that while still in Alabama, I believe while RH was in college getting his degree, LH worked at Allstate Insurance.

ETA so mom appears to have had some experience with insurance and may have gotten the policy due to that prior work experience.

According to Det. Stoddard's testimony, the $25,000 policy was signed up for in November 2012. Doesn't say who it was purchased through.

Source: http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_off/misc-courtroom-video-archive/
Approx. 51:51 into video

I just looked for and found Leanna's you tube comment. I appears to me that it was written 3 years ago, not 2. That would have been in 2011. Just correcting because up page I responded to a poster who said it was 2 years ago which was when (in summer) Cooper was born. JMO

You're right! Sorry - all this testosterone research is affecting my eyesight, lol!

Didn't someone say the Harris' have a dog? Don't remember exactly where I read this, but if they do, maybe Ross called him to ask him to take the dog out? Plus tell his side of the story for sympathy.

Yes it appears they did have a dog!
http://www.people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,20833111,00.html

Possible about the dog. I wonder though how likely he'd be to remember the dog when he couldn't remember the kid?

Sent from my iPhone

Well if this is true, it is damning for sure. But... it's possible this is just his landlord as the article states. I think it is more likely that JRH and LH obtained life insurance through work. Do we know details about the policies?
LH & RH were living here when she gave birth in August. The policy was purchased in November.
I believe from his landlord/ins agent.
just moo

Yeah and why was he so late to work? Honestly if I were that late, I would not have stopped for breakfast.

Another question: WHY did he even have to go to daycare full time if mom worked at home? I work from home (marketing/pr/ad) and have to meet with clients. Between H and I, I arrange things so we rarely have to use a sitter and even then, it's at our house.

I know every situation is different, but I am just curious. There may be a perfectly logical explanations.

Sent from my iPhone

LH is a dietician who supports patients with severe renal failure, transplants etc. I suspect this will involve her visiting patients in clinical settings and in their own homes - hence having Cooper at home would not be practical for at least part of the time.

LH is a dietician who supports patients with severe renal failure, transplants etc. I suspect this will involve her visiting patients in clinical settings and in their own homes - hence having Cooper at home would not be practical for at least part of the time.

Ah ok that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification!

Sent from my iPhone

the point I am making about the insurance is that mom once worked for an insurance company. IME people who have spent time working in that field may tend to be more conscientious about securing policies to cover their loved ones in case of catastrophic events. Not claiming she bought it in Bama or anything, just that while in Bama she worked in that field.

Sent from my iPhone
She is a renal dietitian for a company that does dialtsis for people with kidney failure. She either saw people in the clinic or in their homes. She would get the lab results and based on certsin levels, counsel them as to what they should and should not eat.

Diet is a BIG DEAL with kidneys that don't function.
Lyra500 beat me to it.

the point I am making about the insurance is that mom once worked for an insurance company. IME people who have spent time working in that field may tend to be more conscientious about securing policies to cover their loved ones in case of catastrophic events. Not claiming she bought it in Bama or anything, just that while in Bama she worked in that field.
Exactly! When you talk to an agent they recommend way more!
To cover therapy for parents and other children, lost wages due to depression, possibly relocating,and lawyers if it was at the hands of another.
I got scared!

Sorry, I didn't see your post.
I wasn't trying to step on your toes.

Oooh no - no worries. I think you put it really well (I don't think your sentence was much longer than mine, but you managed to include much more, like interpreting lab results) - and you included the bit about how important diet is in severe renal impairment, which I considered but then didn't because I am bone idle! :blushing::)

In my defence, I am suffering from post World Cup Final exhaustion (extra time - really quite stressful - Go Germany!) and it is time for bed here.........

if this alleged medication causes stupidity or forgetfulness to the point of completely forgetting his child who he himself strapped in and kissed (in case he died) within 30 seconds of doing so then it was negligent IMO for him ever to have been in charge of his child unsupervised.

JMO. I do think if RH was on this drug, the defense may try to suggest it is relevant. My response if I was the prosecutor would be to then remind the court and thereby the jury that both RH and LH had researched hot car deaths and claimed this was their big fear. So if it is your fear AND you have reason to believe it could happen (drug side effect) then you DO SOMETHING to prevent it.

Totally agree. I have refused to take pain meds after oral surgery because I they made me incapable of caring for my then very-young child. It sucked, yes, but I knew the meds would impair my ability to keep my child safe and cared for.

Same with any meds, or lifestyle, etc. Any parent who knowingly takes medication that impairs their ability to keep their child safe is negligent and if I understand the law (which I am not sure I do) criminally negligent. i.e. "I know this Androgel makes me muddled and forgetful and causes mood swings, but i took it anyway, even while I was solely charged with the care of my toddler".

Not that I believe for a second that is what happened, but if the defense tries to use the meds excuse, I hope it blows up in their faces. RH took Androgel (it appears) long enough to be aware of any side effects.

[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] I totally missed this! He was calling about the policy ON THE SCENE!!!

There is zero evidence this happened. Detective Stoddard said he made three phone calls. One to his wife who he did not reach, one to his office, and a six minute call to the daycare center, room 5. His landlord may well be an insurance agent but we don't even know if that is the same insurance agent who handles Cooper's life insurance policy.

So, after he tosses the lightbulbs into the car, he walks back towards his office building. He spots a person walking in the direction of his car. Ross fiddles with his phone while he watches if this person is going near his car and may then see Cooper. What IF this person saw Cooper and tried to get into the car to retrieve him—what IF he called 911? Ross is standing fiddling with his phone, and then has to respond to the commotion caused by this second person. How does he pull that one off? "Oh, I was just on my way out to the car—you mean my son is in there?" Or, if the second person had noticed Ross headed TOWARD the office building, how does Ross explain having just LEFT the car? Having opened the door, tossed in lightbulbs, not seen or smelled that child, and casually standing around fiddling with his phone?

Reacting to the coincidence of the second person discovering Cooper within eyesight of him (Ross) would have been a challenge to the best of actors.

Ross came quite close to the "big reveal" which he most certainly would have been ill prepared.

hmmm what? If the DP is on the table, which it is, why wouldn't you hire a qualified lawyer. Her husband is facing the death penalty and she will be called upon to provide evidence to convict him.

If I'm innocent, I'm cooperating and talking to LE, NOT lawyering up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member