GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The examiner is not considered MSM here, for what it is worth. Jmo

Then that explains the comment about him directing family members how to start an insurance claim.
. And who does that minutes after discovering your child is dead? Of course, if you already had a plan in place, it would be like doing the next thing on your list. Remember to call insurance, forget your baby in a hot car?

Witnesses rushed to the SUV and began administering CPR, seconds before both police officers and firefighters arrived at the scene. Several officers were already patrolling the area at the time, Pierce said. One witness, Dale Hamilton, said he initially thought the child was choking, but quickly learned otherwise.

bbm witness thought that he was choking, probably thought that is why JRH pulled over. jmo

Updated: 11:12 p.m. Thursday, June 19, 2014 | Posted: 5:09 p.m. Wednesday, June 18, 2014
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/breaking-news/child-believed-left-in-car-in-cobb-has-died/ngNdR/

Probably thought he was choking because his mouth was open and his tongue was sticking out. Is it true that RH placed him on pavement? I see from the pics that he is right next to a grassy island with a tree. Personally I would have run towards the people holding my baby screaming for help. And I wouldn't have left his side even after he was declared dead.

. And who does that minutes after discovering your child is dead? Of course, if you already had a plan in place, it would be like doing the next thing on your list. Remember to call insurance, forget your baby in a hot car?

Someone who wants the paperwork to begin as soon as possible.

Yes!! This is crazy! Maybe it was for breaking the lease. Very strange call to make. Most likely we will hear from the landlord on this call when the trial begins.

I think these two discussed the matter of Cooper's death for countless hours. Most likely the subject of such a painful/horrid manner of death came up and it was decided that it had to be done that way because it was the "safest way" to avoid getting caught.

IIRC He was asked/told to get off the phone.

Had he been on the phone the entire time the police were there? As in, was he using his phone and they couldn't talk to him or ask him questions as soon as they got there?

Did the police officers pull up to the scene while he was on the phone? How confusing for everyone. Was RH using his phone to avoid talking to them?

I think these two discussed the matter of Cooper's death for countless hours. Most likely the subject of such a painful/horrid manner of death came up and it was decided that it had to be done that way because it was the "safest way" to avoid getting caught.

I agree. Can't even imagine the discussions but if they were in on this together, we have to assume they had them.

Had he been on the phone the entire time the police were there? As in, was he using his phone and they couldn't talk to him or ask him questions as soon as they got there?

Did the police officers pull up to the scene while he was on the phone? How confusing for everyone. Was RH using his phone to avoid talking to them?

This is what I was just realizing too. The first witness who told him his son needed CPR stated that he walked around to the other side of the vehicle and called someone. Perhaps he saw the police approaching and needed to talk to his wife about this as it wasn't in the plan. Maybe he was doing it to avoid the police. I would think the police would be very angry to find that the people surrounding the baby were strangers and that the father was on the other side of the phone preoccupied with his damn phone calls.

IIRC I don't think he was on the phone the whole time police were there. I think one of the witnesses said that he walked around the car and then got on the phone leaving Cooper with officers. Also a witnesses thought JRH was "fake acting" like he was trying too hard. Again, this is what I recall reading and I don't remember the link..

RH stated that he kissed his son and told him he loved him because "he might get into a car accident and die". Interesting that he didn't say, we might get into a car accident. How does a baby get into a car accident?

Wait. Did I just read that RH called his landlord[modsnip] at the scene in the restaurant parking lot?

Is this true?

And who does that? You call the landlord when there is a problem with the property.

In fact if there was a death (or arrest) in the family who on earth would even THINK of calling the landlord??? Unless it was thought out ahead of time that they could delay or avoid paying rent etc...

MOO a tenant who wants their landlord out there stating things like this to the press:

“Everything was going right for this couple,” said Joe Saini, who rents the family their condo on Wynnes Ridge Circle in Marietta. He said the family was actively shopping for a house. “They wanted to buy a house so they could have some space for their child to run around the backyard.”

Saini said Harris had been excited recently about a promotion and pay raise and was planning with his wife to begin house-hunting in East Cobb

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2014/jun/20/ga-man-charged-murder/

MOO a tenant who wants their landlord out there stating things like this to the press:

“Everything was going right for this couple,” said Joe Saini, who rents the family their condo on Wynnes Ridge Circle in Marietta. He said the family was actively shopping for a house. “They wanted to buy a house so they could have some space for their child to run around the backyard.”

Saini said Harris had been excited recently about a promotion and pay raise and was planning with his wife to begin house-hunting in East Cobb

bbm, So did he or didn't he, that is the ?

My guess is that RH didn't expect the police to just show up as quickly as they did. Probably envisioned an ambulance swiftly taking Cooper to the hospital and he and LH meeting up and driving there together.

This is what I was just realizing too. The first witness who told him his son needed CPR stated that he walked around to the other side of the vehicle and called someone. Perhaps he saw the police approaching and needed to talk to his wife about this as it wasn't in the plan. Maybe he was doing it to avoid the police. I would think the police would be very angry to find that the people surrounding the baby were strangers and that the father was on the other side of the phone preoccupied with his damn phone calls.

So a stranger suggested and started CPR, not RH? Kind of an admission by him that he knew Cooper was dead at that point.

The police officers must've been angry if RH was on the phone, just as the strangers attempting CPR must've felt.

Right, the landlord thought he was BFFs with them. :facepalm:

BBM, he knew him soooo well. Lol!

And I am betting you had a bit of OCD after that and you kept double checking every time you took the baby in the car for quite some time. The "Where's the baby???" query went off in your brain frequently.

These parents RESEARCHED it!!! They were AWARE and they apparently did NOTHING to prevent the absolutely horrid painful death even after research.

Yes - I did become hyper vigilant after that happened. I was absolutely mortified with my forgetfulness. I apologized to my baby girl repeatedly even though she had no idea what just happened. I cried over it many times. My post though was not in defense of the Harris's, because I believe they are 100% guilty, but in response to those who can't believe it is possible to innocently forget about your baby in the car unless you are a moron or a bad parent. I am neither and I left my newborn sleeping in the truck.

Let us assume that RH is telling the truth.

He researched how long it would take for the hot car to kill a child.

Now he is driving and he notices the baby.

Would one keep on driving or would you pull to the side of the road the second you saw that?

After all, maybe there is a chance your child could be saved. Maybe those extra seconds count.

Not him. He keeps on driving and pulls into a shopping mall, but around the back? A little more time to make his show.

He is so self absorbed and such a liar that he does not see his actions are insane. Calling on the phone? Are you kidding me!!!!!!

Any parent prays, hopes, that the child is still alive. Not him.

He is driving and he knows looking back that his kid is dead.

How? The kid is rear facing. He cannot see the face, can he?

Thanks Pigpong. Just so you know, there's a whole 'nother thread for the legal issues. What you said about the life with parole after 30 years is exactly what the Judge said. So it appears he's not looking at this as a DP case unless and until the charges are upgraded. jmo

Sorry, I tend to keep my browser on my phone open to the current general thread and respond on it.

Please excuse my newbie-ness, again.

Also, that is why the Judge said what he did about 30 years. If convicted of felony murder (mandatory life sentence) with no prior felony convictions on your record, you are automatically eligible for parole at 30 years. If you have prior felony convictions it will be life with no parole (I believe).

But, it's really all speculation until the grand jury indictment is handed down. :)

Like everybody else pointed out, what raise? What promotion?
We heard he was not promoted at Home Depot, and he didn't get another job he applied for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*