GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are both supposedly so fearful, yet after a short car ride, he supposedly forgets his child in a car. Doesn't really add up, does it?
If both of them were so concerned about forgetting their child in the car, one would think they would be extra vigilant to make sure it doesn't happen.

Oh to be a fly on the wall if there was an interrogation without an attorney (ala Jodi Arias). I'd do anything to analyze that!

MOO

Mel

I don't see why there is a problem with people *also* being interested in technical safeguards.

Said it before, will say it again: the human brain is fallible, just like all our other organs.

First of all there are no reliable "technical safeguards" to prevent leaving a kid in a hot car. They weren't looking for devices or safeguards (which many folks do) they researched what temps are required to cause death!

If you are worried about your toddler getting into drugs and swallowing a bunch you don't google "how many multi-vitamins with Iron does it take to kill a toddler????" you would research child safety locks on cabinets and other devices to keep toddlers SAFE from drugs/vitamins.

And if you did do a search for that and your toddler just happened to die of iron poisoning after he ate a bunch of multi-vitamins you would have some 'splaining to do, especially if you said to the police "Well I did research the amount of iron required to kill a toddler...because I was concerned about this happening".

Good points here...

but... I wonder if more will be revealed about the "real" JRH in the days/weeks/months ahead... From people who know him....(co-workers, fellow referees, etc.)...

:waitasec:

All... JMO

Yes, Chris Coleman, Neil Entwistle, Scott Peterson, Casey Anthony, Mark Hacking, Susan Smith, etc. They all made up elaborate stories in killing their kids (or pregnant wives). Well, with the exception of Anthony who was found not guilty (but still made up an elaborate story).

For me, it's not a long shot that this is another hoax on part of the father (and even perhaps the mother) in the killing of little Cooper. It happens more often than we want to think about.

MOOOOOOOOO

Mel

I'm sure this has been discussed over the past few days (this case is almost too much for me so I've been AWOL), but a toddler does not get quiet for a 2-minute ride from Chic-Fil-A to the office. They chat, they babble, they squirm. They would be hard to 'forget' in that short time period. JMO

I am surprised, considering how "Tech Savy" JRH wants others to believe he is and how many 'devices' the family owned that it has not been mentioned by media that a detachable vehicle DVD player was not part of the search warrant. If one was found in the home, why was it not in the vehicle? If one was in the vehicle and turned on when the vehicle was in motion and the child was in the carseat, the sound from the child's cartoon/Movie DVD would seem to prevent the parent from becoming so distracted as to forget they had their child onboard. If you hear the child's DVD player going... the child is onboard! If the parents usually used one in the SUV but did not have one at the time of C's death, this would prove a question that LE should ask JRH about...as to why it was not in the SUV and running with the child in his carseat.

Thank you. Mom of 6 here and my baby just turned 8. I don't keep up with the laws and recommendations like I did when they were babies. A rear facing car seat for a 22 month old just seemed off to me. But my kids were very big toddlers so that may have some bearing also.

moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My niece is able to undo her straps and is about 2 so it is a toss up I guess. No way would she sit quietly in a rear facing seat. her brother is rather small though and will need his rear facing seat for awhile, probably longer than 2 years of age.

Hi, I haven't had time to read through the thread...can someone tell me if the search warrant is readable somewhere?

I am way behind... Again...still... :blushing:

So this may have been answered...

but.. I find the media thread for this case (and all cases having media threads) very helpful in getting me up to speed when I am coming back on WS....

HTH...:seeya:

ETA... Thank you wonderful WSers for keeping the media thread up to date! :tyou:

It is not common or normal to forget about a child. Children sometimes fall asleep in the car, but the child is always a consideration when going somewhere in the car. For example, how often have we heard that someone forgot that they had a dog in the car and the dog accidentally died? It may be that it isn't reported, but I suspect that it is more likely that it doesn't happen. People don't forget that they are not alone.

If a person or animal is left in a hot car, it is because the person in charge made that decision.

I disagree. Accidents happen, especially when routines are changed. I don't think that is the case in this situation...but I Do believe they happen.

http://www.brighthorizons.com/resources/pdf/back-up_advantage.pdf

Rereading this "sick child" info from this link, it makes it sound as if the sick children are only "mildly ill" and unable to attend SCHOOL. As in, they are enrolled in another school/facility that the parent would otherwise have to stay home with them, and the daycare would allow them to come for a day or two. I wonder what their policy for sick toddlers who walk around, touch everything, and drool and spit is.

(OT-shudders from this germaphobe mom who doesn't even like playplaces at fast food joints for 30 minutes, much less 8 hour stays with other germy kids!!)

nope no link for warrant released today regarding mom's statement to LE about her own searches of heat car child deaths.

It is Sunday, I was shocked to find out the warrant had been released by the magistrate on a weekend? Reports/articles state that FOX 5 and other local affiliates had requested them and that today they received them. If the last round of warrants are any indicator, we should see this new one uploaded with the next 24 hours.

nope no link for warrant released today regarding mom's statement to LE about her own searches of heat car child deaths.

It is Sunday, I was shocked to find out the warrant had been released by the magistrate on a weekend? Reports/articles state that FOX 5 and other local affiliates had requested them and that today they received them. If the last round of warrants are any indicator, we should see this new one uploaded with the next 24 hours.

Thank you! :)

My kids are bigger now and I mostly was a stay at home mom, but there were periods when I checked daycare prices. I don't remember any offering a half day option, it was full days only but different prices based on the child's age. I live about 20 minutes from where this happened and this may not apply to that part of town, but just wanted to mention that it is the norm here for full day pricing only. But yes, those prices are high!

I think it must be a difference in location. The places around here also offer drop off services for a few hours for children who are enrolled in a program part-time. Like if it wasn't one of my child's two days a week they attend, but I wanted to go to the mall without him, I can drop him off for a couple of hours!

My niece is able to undo her straps and is about 2 so it is a toss up I guess. No way would she sit quietly in a rear facing seat. her brother is rather small though and will need his rear facing seat for awhile, probably longer than 2 years of age.

yes the weight of child is the biggest factor IMO for child seat safety. My daughter in particular is quiet petite (I tower over all the women in my family both sides at a height of 5'7). So she had to stay in car seats much longer than some other kids her age, because its the weight/size of child and the recommended limits for the type of seat that matter most.

Big time excitement for her when she was finally allowed out of the booster now required by law.

Form for parents to sign:

http://child-care-preschool.brighth...ters/0272/Documents/6-ChildIllnessPolicy.ashx

Here is a thread from Baby Center discussing Bright Horizons:

http://community.babycenter.com/pos...ther_emergency_backup_childcare_minor_illness

From the link:

"

Hm, we have access to Bright Horizons for both well care (e.g., regular daycare is closed so you send LO to their center) and sick care (where they send someone to your house). My employer gives us 80 hours/year, and we pay $2/hour for regular care and $4/hour for sick care. So you might want to check on what exactly you have access to.

I haven't had to use it yet, but our SVP of HR uses it regularly and has been very happy. Sometimes she works from home while the Bright Horizons person is there with her sick daughter - so she's not the primary caregiver for the sick child and can still get work done, but she's not leaving her child home with a total stranger (even one vetted by Bright Horizons)."

So.... they really can't go sick to BH? And BH offers sick care at an additional cost?

http://www.brighthorizons.com/resources/pdf/back-up_advantage.pdf

Rereading this "sick child" info from this link, it makes it sound as if the sick children are only "mildly ill" and unable to attend SCHOOL. As in, they are enrolled in another school/facility that the parent would otherwise have to stay home with them, and the daycare would allow them to come for a day or two. I wonder what their policy for sick toddlers who walk around, touch everything, and drool and spit is.

(OT-shudders from this germaphobe mom who doesn't even like playplaces at fast food joints for 30 minutes, much less 8 hour stays with other germy kids!!)

It does read that way, but the whole point is to prevent employee absences, so it would be pretty pointless if it didn't apply to toddlers. So Idk. The one here does take toddlers and pre-schoolers because my son went to it once. I think he was about three at the time. They don't let the sick kids intermingle with the well kids or their toys, etc. And they try to keep the sick kids quiet and resting as much as possible.

I don't see how you (and others) can call leaving a small child in a car an accident.

An unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury.

Seems to fit, when it is unintentional.

My 21 month old complains, talks, shrieks, kicks, throws stuff, laughs, sings, cries and generally causes so much noise I could never forget he was there! He's never been very good, to put it mildly, in the car or airplanes. He hates being confined. Every child is different though. I have a Radian RXT rearfacing and he can't unbuckle it, even though he tries furiously!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member