GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone live in Marietta?? If so, can you please answer our question - is there a parking deck at this particular HD Corporate office?
I do live in Marietta. My old law firm was two buildings from The Treehouse. There is no parking deck. There's not a visitor lot, either. Maybe a few spaces but no lot.

That's what happens when someone speculates something and later on another person remembers reading it here and mistakenly remembers it as a fact.

It's all good.

yep, all good, happens to the best of us.

What the heck is a groom's cake?

I always thought the groom's cake was just an excuse to have a second, smaller cake of a different flavor, lol. Sort of a way to have some variety. Hubby and I decided jointly on the flavors of BOTH the "main" cake AND the "groom's" cake. I assumed everyone did it this way.

I do live in Marietta. My old law firm was two buildings from The Treehouse. There is no parking deck. There's not a visitor lot, either. Maybe a few spaces but no lot.

Delta may I ask, if you know, does the treehouse feature a parking "lot" per se (big square lot with many spaces near building) or separate from building by a short walk? I am not articulating this question well and I am sorry for that. Is it a row of parking spots lining the sidewalk in front of the entryway or is it a bigger lot adjacent or near to the building?

Thanks for any local perspective you can provide about this Treehouse building and the general location where this all happened.

is leaving a 2 year old alone in a pool on a pool float with a leak and then leaving for the day an accident?

I understand the point you're trying to make.

I've never heard of a child drowning case where the above set of circumstances occurred, though. I've heard of accidental child drownings that occurred because the gate wasn't locked, or when a caregiver wasn't as attentive as they could have been, or when a child wandered off and fell into a neighbor's pool or other body of water such as a pond, lake, etc.

If someone DID do as described in your hypothetical, then I'd say they were a complete idiot to begin with by putting a toddler on a leaky pool float at all, and criminally responsible for a child's death if they left the child unattended on the float and the child drowned under those circumstances.

Regarding vehicular heatstroke deaths in children: It's a fact that sometimes a caregiver has either forgotten a child in a car, left them in the car purposely (expecting they'd only be there for a short period - never a good idea in my opinion), or a child has somehow gained access to a car while playing or whatever.

According to the PSA video that T4Tide posted upthread:

Every 10 days a child dies from vehicular heatstroke in the US.
Since 1998, there have been 575 deaths.
73% of those deaths were children under the age of two.

The above information was compiled by Jan Null, CCM Dept. of Geosciences, San Francisco State University.

http://sfglobe.com/?id=1157&src=share_fb_new_1157

She has also published a fact sheet:

http://ggweather.com/heat/fact_sheet_2006.pdf

This is the first child death in a car due to hyperthermia that I've followed, so I don't know how often or not the caregiver in other cases is charged with a crime, but I do know (based on info posted in these threads) that some cases are determined to be accidental, based on the specific circumstances of those cases.

As we know, in this case, Cobb County investigators & the Cobb County ME determined the manner of death to be homicide rather than accidental, and have charged RH with felony murder and child cruelty. I don't believe RH would have been charged without corroborating evidence to support the charges.

As difficult as it may be to accept that sometimes a caregiver somehow forgets their child in a car - the facts show that it does occur upon occasion.

IMO, based on the currently available information, I don't believe that RH forgot to take his child to daycare as he claims - not in that extremely brief period of time after strapping him into his car seat at the restaurant and arriving at work a few minutes later. I especially don't believe he somehow forgot a verbal 22 month old was in the back seat of the car.

As far as I'm concerned, the known circumstances of this case don't support an accident.

I've admitted this before... Here I go again.
My son came to me at three weeks of age. I didn't get 9 months of carrying him in my body to prepare. I got a phone call, had a 3 week old. Boom.
That first week....I went shopping for a few things...he had fallen asleep on the way home. I park, grabbed my shopping bags and went in the house. Leaving him in the car...I had a HUGE Nagging feeling I was forgetting something important. OMG the BABY....I flew out my door...

While episode didn't last but three minutes tops.

I was so horrified ...I started putting my purse back there. If I wasn't using a purse, is put my shoes back there.

Because people who are super scared of making a fatal mistake take precautions. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you use something you need to remind you of something that needs you.

So you use something you need to remind you of something that needs you.

I didn't see it that way. I looked at like insurance. A safety net. I never forgot again...but I made sure I couldn't just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delta may I ask, if you know, does the treehouse feature a parking "lot" per se (big square lot with many spaces near building) or separate from building by a short walk? I am not articulating this question well and I am sorry for that. Is it a row of parking spots lining the sidewalk in front of the entryway or is it a bigger lot adjacent or near to the building?

Thanks for any local perspective you can provide about this Treehouse building and the general location where this all happened.

Picture at #1087

Post 1083...that picture is how all the lots are on Cumberland Parkway. These buildings were all built in the 70s (I think) and they all have parking lots that are sprawling. There are spots up close but the lot sprawled out between buildings. You could drive from building to building on many of these lots, never having to get on the road because all the lots connected.

Someone could park relatively close, or they could park far away. Many of these lots are hilly or terraced, because these were all constructed in the side of hills (imagine 70s modern, lots of wood and windows) and there is shade in a lot of spots. My car always had tree sap on it due to where I parked.

I'm very tempted to drive over there because I want to see if it has changed since I stopped working down there. If he purposefully waited until later to come in, he would have had no choice but to park farther out unless they had assigned spots because the closer ones would definitely be taken.

Jehovah is just one of many names for God referenced in the Bible. I find that the more deeply steeped one is in the Bible (whether by study or beliefs), the more prone they are to use many of those names, interchangeably.

(ETA: Sorry...just saw the post on pg. 6 asking us not to discuss religion...so if need be, please delete this post).

Thanks, that makes sense. I never intended to start off any religious war with my observation.:blushing: I was just wondering if they might belong to that Christian sect (Jehovah's Witnesses), and how that would relate to/inform their seemingly traditionalist values. Sounds like they were possibly Evangelicals though, perhaps? Anyway, I have no judgements on ANY religion, Christian sect or otherwise.

I understand the point you're trying to make.

I've never heard of a child drowning case where the above set of circumstances occurred, though. I've heard of accidental child drownings that occurred because the gate wasn't locked, or when a caregiver wasn't as attentive as they could have been, or when a child wandered off and fell into a neighbor's pool or other body of water such as a pond, lake, etc.

If someone DID do as described in your hypothetical, then I'd say they were a complete idiot to begin with by putting a toddler on a leaky pool float at all, and criminally responsible for a child's death if they left the child unattended on the float and the child drowned under those circumstances.

Regarding vehicular heatstroke deaths in children: It's a fact that sometimes a caregiver has either forgotten a child in a car, left them in the car purposely (expecting they'd only be there for a short period - never a good idea in my opinion), or a child has somehow gained access to a car while playing or whatever.

According to the PSA video that T4Tide posted upthread:

Every 10 days a child dies from vehicular heatstroke in the US.
Since 1998, there have been 575 deaths.
73% of those deaths were children under the age of two.

The above information was compiled by Jan Null, CCM Dept. of Geosciences, San Francisco State University.

http://sfglobe.com/?id=1157&src=share_fb_new_1157

She has also published a fact sheet:

http://ggweather.com/heat/fact_sheet_2006.pdf

This is the first child death in a car due to hyperthermia that I've followed, so I don't know how often or not the caregiver in other cases is charged with a crime, but I do know (based on info posted in these threads) that some cases are determined to be accidental, based on the specific circumstances of those cases.

As we know, in this case, Cobb County investigators & the Cobb County ME determined the manner of death to be homicide rather than accidental, and have charged RH with felony murder and child cruelty. I don't believe RH would have been charged without corroborating evidence to support the charges.

As difficult as it may be to accept that sometimes a caregiver somehow forgets their child in a car - the facts show that it does occur upon occasion.

IMO, based on the currently available information, I don't believe that RH forgot to take his child to daycare as he claims - not in that extremely brief period of time after strapping him into his car seat at the restaurant and arriving at work a few minutes later. I especially don't believe he somehow forgot a verbal 22 month old was in the back seat of the car.

As far as I'm concerned, the known circumstances of this case don't support an accident.

And in every case the caregiver stops giving care when they leave the child (with the clock ticking towards the child's death) to do something else.

Same with pool float or car in sun. Exactly the same. But death by hot car is acceptable, excusable, not criminal.

I always thought the groom's cake was just an excuse to have a second, smaller cake of a different flavor, lol. Sort of a way to have some variety. Hubby and I decided jointly on the flavors of BOTH the "main" cake AND the "groom's" cake. I assumed everyone did it this way.

Originally, the groom's cake was a British tradition where the cake was often richer than the one embodying the bride, since the addition of flavors like chocolate, fruit, and especially alcohol were better served to "the stronger sex" with the stronger stomach.

Groom's cake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And in every case the caregiver stops giving care when they leave the child (with the clock ticking towards the child's death) to do something else.

Same with pool float or car in sun. Exactly the same. But death by hot car is acceptable, excusable, not criminal.

We're talking the difference between forgetting (hot car) and purposely leaving the baby in the pool in danger?

I don't see how those two could possibly be compared.

Those who believe he purposely planned to leave Cooper in danger in the hot car would see the two as identical. Those who believe it was forgetful feel the two are completely different.

If LE thought he left Cooper in the car on purpose at 9:30, and went to check on him to ensure that he was dead or dying at noon, they'd charge him that way.

We're talking the difference between forgetting (hot car) and purposely leaving the baby in the pool in danger?

I don't see how those two could possibly be compared.

Those who believe he purposely planned to leave Cooper in danger in the hot car would see the two as identical. Those who believe it was forgetful feel the two are completely different.

If LE thought he left Cooper in the car on purpose at 9:30, and went to check on him to ensure that he was dead or dying at noon, they'd charge him that way.

He hasn't gone to trial yet..they can upgrade the charge anytime.

Okayyyy...

here is another random thought that popped in my head...

Could the video cams that caught JRH dropping off something in the car during mid day... Have ALSO caught him interacting in some way with Cooper in the car in the morning when he got out of the car to go into his work?

:waitasec:

No, they have just switched to another forum - I saw them over there. Same old, same old. I wonder if there is a personal relationship with the suspect, although that was denied yesterday.

Who? What? I'm confused. :blushing:

WTH?!
Did they both have Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome? Or delusional? [modsnip] Romanticizing a babies death.
This story is getting crazier by the minute.

IMOO the search and the cough 'dream' were all part of this
creeps plan. sick sick sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members