GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably. We know he once had a job as a police dispatcher so he definitely knows that 911 calls are recorded and played in open court during a trial. It's certainly convenient that he made sure he didn't make that call.

Presumably he also knows that 911 calls can prove very problematic for criminals when they are the ones making the call.

Darlie Routier comes instantly to mind, that 911 call, definitely played more than a little part in her conviction.

I am having a lot of trouble with the internet searches, assuming they did, in fact, take place. I cannot see any innocent reason for them.

The idea that he was "worried" about it, so he needs to research it? I am not buying that. If you are worried it could happen to you, you look for ways to avoid it. Someone mentioned the idea that you put your shoe in the backseat when your child is in the carseat. Whatever. That is the type of thing you would be looking for. Not "how long" it would take to kill your child.

You know it is going to kill your child. What difference would it make how long it would take? You simply wouldn't do it.

If you are afraid of your infant suffocating , are you going to research how long it would take for them to suffocate? How about you reseach how to avoid it?

I want to see penalties for cases like this, even if it is a bonafide "I forgot" situation. People need to start remembering. To forget your child and have that lead to injury or death is just not acceptable. If you fail to stop at a stop sign because you are so distracted by other things in your life, and your failure to stop cause injury or death, should you be given a pass? Nope...you would face consequences of, at the very least, inattentive driving. Likewise, I do not feel parents/caregivers should be given an automatic pass when their neglect/inattention leads to injury or death of any vulnerable person in their care.

Let's see something positive come out of this tragedy. Perhaps legislatation to protect the innocent and vulnerable in our society from this type of incident. And maybe it could be called Cooper's Law.

I'm really so tired of laws, especially ones that seek to punish for accidents.

How about "Cooper's lock" or something like that that doesn't allow a parent to lock a car if a child is in the seat. Something actually POSITIVE to come out of his passing, not just more punishing hapless grieving families.

Oh lord.

Go back to my original post. I was giving examples of things we all know are true but can't explain.

I'm done talking about cats who track their owners across the country, as fascinating a topic as that is for me.

On this thread, it was used to demonstrate something NO ONE understands, but agrees happens.

Like a premonition.

And now honestly, I'm not going to type the word "cat" again.

Well, I don't think "premonition defense" will stand up with a jury of his peers.

Here's hoping his defense teams tries!

LietKynes, your post was quoted by anther poster. The only thing that is different is the "BBM" in your quoted post #96. The person who quoted your post is at #104.

This is the Mods explanation:
Last edited by Salem; Yesterday at 09:45 PM. Reason: removed quoted post.

What happened to your post to cause it to be edited was the entire post that you were quoting was removed by Mods. That's the best explanation I can offer.

This is post #96.

This is post #104.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6
RSBM

When hitting the 'thanks' button isn't enough.... Thanks for clarifying ! :)

I want to see penalties for cases like this, even if it is a bonafide "I forgot" situation. People need to start remembering. To forget your child and have that lead to injury or death is just not acceptable. If you fail to stop at a stop sign because you are so distracted by other things in your life, and your failure to stop cause injury or death, should you be given a pass? Nope...you would face consequences of, at the very least, inattentive driving. Likewise, I do not feel parents/caregivers should be given an automatic pass when their neglect/inattention leads to injury or death of any vulnerable person in their care.

Let's see something positive come out of this tragedy. Perhaps legislatation to protect the innocent and vulnerable in our society from this type of incident. And maybe it could be called Cooper's Law.

Absolutely, So So tired of excuses given to people, and Oh but they have lost a child, they have already suffered. Bull ****ing chit. JMO Charge them, no excuses.

How about "Cooper's lock" or something like that that doesn't allow a parent to lock a car if a child is in the seat. Something actually POSITIVE to come out of his passing, not just more punishing hapless grieving families.

Accidents can still be negligent. Negligence should be punished. Forgetting a child and the child dying, will never be less than negligent. JMO

I'm still sticking on this word thing about reasonable doubt. Reasonable doubt exists in this case - and the DA may decide to try to hide the reasonable doubt that exists. As DA's do. But the fact is, from the evidence revealed so far, there is more than "reasonable doubt" to doubt he killed his son on purpose.

And there is always the chance, :moo: in cases like this of jury nullification

Well.... I can't wait for Thursday to come.

Well, I don't think "premonition defense" will stand up with a jury of his peers.

Here's hoping his defense teams tries!

I can't imagine he would use "premonition" as a defense for accidentally leaving his baby in the car. It works in the opposite direction - he appears more likely guilty because this was clearly on his mind.

It certainly gives everyone pause - it's hard for everyone to believe someone with that premonition, who has discussed it with his wife even and she too has developed a fear, would then go on to accidentally lock his baby in the car.

It's a tough one to understand.

Except he knew he was capable of it. He knew it. And he was right.

Perhaps it wasn't premeditation of murder at the time the searches were made.

Surely there's a lot to this case we don't know:
  • schedules
  • daycare
  • conversations throughout the day
  • Ross's desk (pictures of Cooper, etc)
  • Ross's behavior that day

If it was not premeditation, it was AT MINIMUM negligence, maybe not even "gross" negligence.

I have a hard time believing that Ross did not remember Cooper was in the car AT ALL that day and that it supposedly took his baby "choking" to make him realize the poor baby was in the car.

Why?
  • They had just searched about this in the days prior
  • Ross claims to have had a dream PRIOR to Cooper's death about Cooper on Jesus' lap looking down from Heaven (Was he telling the truth? If so it backs up my point; if not, he dug himself deeper with another lie)
  • The family home is SIX MINUTES from CFA
  • CFA is 2-3 minutes away from daycare (or Ross's office if going in a different direction)
  • He worked for "x" number of hours without remembering.
  • He came to the car at mid-day and he noticed nothing and remembered nothing.
  • He worked for "x" number of hours in the afternoon without remembering.

**My question is
  • Regardless of planning or lack thereof
  • Regardless of whether there was a smell that he noticed
  • Regardless of whether he thought he heard a "choking" sound

WHY DIDN'T HE REMEMBER if he was so afraid this would happen -- not just in the daytime while he did his searches, but also at night while he was dreaming of Cooper in Heaven?

As a parent, I will acknowledge there have been times I've felt a "premonition"/sense of foreboding, etc... and I am on HIGH ALERT and anxious.

It makes no sense, IMO.

ETA: So I agree with those who state that all cases of negligence should be AT MINIMUM case for investigation -- let LE do its job and the let the justice system hash it out and decide. This way we can make sure that "horrible accidents" are NOT a cover for premeditation/intent.

I'm still curious about a few points

A. Why do you think it's other peoples responsibility to help parents remember their own children.

B. Why is it wrong in your opinion to advocate for the victims in these cases? I don't feel for the 'hapless grieving families" I want justice on behalf of tortured and brutalized children.

I can't imagine he would use "premonition" as a defense for accidentally leaving his baby in the car. It works in the opposite direction - he appears more likely guilty because this was clearly on his mind.

It certainly gives everyone pause - it's hard for everyone to believe someone with that premonition, who has discussed it with his wife even and she too has developed a fear, would then go on to accidentally lock his baby in the car.

It's a tough one to understand.

Except he knew he was capable of it. He knew it. And he was right.

Uh huh. I agree to disagree...big time.
I'll move on.

And there is always the chance, :moo: in cases like this of jury nullification

It looks like there are all kinds of chances for different stuff to happen. They may actually uncover information in the future that does indicate it was purposeful, although I very strongly disagree that that will happen, but I guess it could.

They could also reduce the charges to something much less than what he's charged with, once the investigation is complete.

We'll see I guess.

I think he had his phone with him. After he asked someone else to call 911, he was observed talking on his phone.

^^^^^ THIS!

Your child is dead and you tell someone else to call 911 because you have other calls to make?!?

Certainly too many of you on this forum have had your own tragic losses, and I am so sorry for that. You would know better than me, but I feel like I would have been down on the ground with my baby, not making calls.

IMO the only reasonable call would have been to his wife. Personally if I were the wife, I would not want to receive this type of information on the phone. Secondly, if he were calling her he had time to "coach" her on what to say. This is just speculation, but I am assuming he told police he had not spoken to her and that is why they told him to call her. I do hope they were not telling him to watch his mouth because her was cursing at her. If so, where did Mr. soccer dad, church guy go? He should have been apologizing profusely. It is not like are not used to foul language, that is why I think it was something out of line.

I agree with other posters that have said that the reveal was meant to be when he met up with friends. What better witnesses could you ask for? They would all tell the police that poor RH had no idea and this was just so tragic, he is the best dad blah blah. (vomit) I also think something happened in that car he was not expecting- smell, noise, you choose and that is why he stopped so abruptly.

I think his world came crashing down when this didn't happen like he planned. The timing of his searches online have been questioned. IMO it was recent enough to be relevant and he fessed up and told the police, when he was being otherwise uncooperative.

Also I am really curious about if the wife was out of town that day. If so, it would have been the perfect opportunity for him to do this, if it is proven that she is usually the one who picks him up.

All just my ideas after lots of reading. :twocents::twocents::twocents:

If the dad did do this purposefully, even though he's in IT, I don't think he thought he would end up a suspect, and thus didn't bother to delete his searches.

Maybe it's happened and I just don't remember, but in the cases I can recall of children dying in hot cars, I can't recall any where LE looked at the parents' computers. It seems like there must have been one or more things that seemed off to LE about the circumstances in this case that led to the quick arrest and searches.

He was the one who offered up the information that he had searched. This in turn led to the computers being seized and searched.

If you seen a broken quote, please alert it. The mods will fix it as soon as they can. Please do not continue to quote the post until it has been fixed.

Thanks,

Salem

How hard is it for a murderer to have a "premonition" about a murder?

moo.

That's exactly why I called it "foreshadowing"

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While it can be frustrating at times, I think this case elicits such strong emotional reactions from each one of us that we really just want each other to see our point. It can feel impossible to imagine others not reaching the same conclusions, but it happens every day in any subject area that people feel strongly about. Looking at every detail from every angle is important here, so even when we don't agree, I do appreciate the perspectives I may not have considered before. Thanks to all. Off to try to catch up now (is that even possible?!?!) as there are too many good posts to just skip ahead!

An accused murderer having a "premonition" about the death of his victim? LOL!!!

They are talking Premeditated Murder for a reason and it isn't a supernatural one.

Exchange the word Premonition for Premeditated and we are back to reality in relation to this case.

moo

Mom graduated from University of Alabama. Licensed Dietitian. If that is still her career by now she is probably making as much or more than her husband was.
(well not part time, but you know what I mean.)

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/crime/2014/06/30/cooper-harris-hot-car-death-mother/11807695/

I don't see "graduated". I see "According to a 2006 newspaper wedding announcement, she attended the University of Alabama to study food and nutrition. She currently is a licensed dietitian in Georgia."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshuasaunt