GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gitana, why do you think it will be continued?

What does one put in their car during work? I used to go to my car to get something...but not to put something there. Just wondering.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/25919400/cobb-toddler-death-retracing-the-fathers-steps

Mr. Harris drove to his office at Home Depot which took FOX 5 three minutes and 14 seconds to time.

According to police, in that time, Mr. Harris said he forgot about his son and went inside to work. Court records show Mr. Harris went back to his car to put something in it 2-and-a-half hours later.

Two different law enforcement sources tell FOX 5 during that lunch hour Mr. Harris left his work property to go out to lunch, but didn’t take his car.

So according to this source he left for lunch, but didn't take his car. Interesting

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/25919400/cobb-toddler-death-retracing-the-fathers-steps

Mr. Harris drove to his office at Home Depot which took FOX 5 three minutes and 14 seconds to time.

According to police, in that time, Mr. Harris said he forgot about his son and went inside to work. Court records show Mr. Harris went back to his car to put something in it 2-and-a-half hours later.

Two different law enforcement sources tell FOX 5 during that lunch hour Mr. Harris left his work property to go out to lunch, but didn’t take his car.

Walking to lunch is new... Unless he did this all the time this man is pretty dumb

Signs won't do it. A shoe or a purse WILL do it.

I tend to agree -- just speaking from experience as someone who leaves reminder notes for myself everywhere all the time -- eventually it becomes part of the background... an actual needed object that you require (or would look silly without, like a shoe) is much better...

It took FOX 5 eight minutes and 18 seconds to get to the location where Mr. Harris says he first realized his son was in the hot car.

Watching Nancy Grace. She is almost unbearable but she has good tidbits and interesting guests.

Mom speaks at Funeral and they played the tape. Mom's happy list.

"I am happy a list of things my son will skip. His first heartbreak. I won't have to see that. Junior high and high school - I didn't like. Who to sit with in those awkward middle school years. He will not have to suffer through the death of his grandparents. The death of me and Ross."

Snipped

Mr. Harris left work after 4:00 p.m. not noticing his son in the backseat, even though sources tell the FOX 5 I-Team the smell inside the car made it obvious something was wrong.

At one point, Mr. Harris drove in the opposite direction of his home.

It took FOX 5 eight minutes and 18 seconds to get to the location where Mr. Harris says he first realized his son was in the hot car.

BBM

After he left work to where he stopped takes a lot longer than I thought looking at the map. :(

Been reading along, first time to post.

First thing...I believe RH is guilty. No way he didn't see little
Cooper when he went to the car at lunch. I can see into the car in the photos taken in the lot where Cooper was "discovered."

In defense of Leanna...[modsnip]. I think LH had this in mind when she said it would be selfish to want Cooper "back." I believe she is in a state of shock and mourning, and is probably grasping at hope that he is safe and happy, especially since his death was likely painful and terrifying.

Maybe RH had left Cooper in the car before, and they'd argued about it. Maybe she researched 'kids in cars' to validate the dangers and strengthen her argument against it. She looks very loving in the photos where she is holding Cooper, and I can't believe she had anything to do with this atrocity.

And as for her words of support for RH, I think she is just in denial. They were alone together for 6 years before Cooper was born and probably very happy. She can't believe RH could do this. I expect after more info is released on Thursday, she will be far LESS supportive. She's just in shock.

And regarding the red casket: most of the photos I have seen of the Harris's have some reference to the University of Alabama. Alabama football fans are RABID. I grew up in Alabama and saw it firsthand (fortunately I escaped). The casket was red for the Crimson Tide! It would have been orange and blue if they were rabid Auburn fans. It will seem atrocious to you who don't know how some people's lives revolve around football. Tasteless and tacky, yes, but not surprising.

Cooper was probably very inconvenient for his Dad at tail-gating parties. May have even made him alter his plans from time to time. Probably couldn't have the guys over on game day like he used to. Yes, RH is a narcissist. And I believe a heartless murderer.

You're right, I think it is atrocious to even be thinking about ball team colors when you are burying your baby and I also think it is totally tasteless and tacky and very cold hearted.

Yes. But the same parents who may forget their children may also forget the shoe/purse routine. Once that sign is taped under their noses on the door, they will see it every time.

Gitana, why do you think it will be continued?

Because they so often are as a preliminary hearing is often a little, mini trial and both sides will want their ducks in a row. It's not enough time to be ready.

What does one put in their car during work? I used to go to my car to get something...but not to put something there. Just wondering.

the only time I ever go out to put something IN my car during teh workday is if its something I've been meaning to take home for a while and I want to get away from my desk anyway so I take it when it occurs or I notice it. I've done it maybe three times in the last five years.

Much more frequently I go to fetch something I have forgotten, like my coffee or my phone. And usually then it is right as I drop my purse and I remember what is missing.

IMO, that's a sad commentary on society if someone won't forget a purse, shoe, cell phone, etc...but can't remember their own baby--a human being! :banghead:

I'm sorry, this just p's me off to no end. (Not you, Sonya)

I wonder if the defendant forgot to take a shower that day. Did he forget to put his shirt on? His cell phone? He certainly didn't forget to eat.

Okay, shutting up.

As soon as he's finished his lunch, my husband always goes out to have a cigarette and put his lunch bag and thermos in his truck so he doesn't forget them at home time. Mind you, his truck is parked literally a few feet outside his work area, he can see it all day long from his window and he has an exit door right there too.

I'd like to know if he walked or carpooled with coworkers or was picked up by a friend or gf.

Yes. But the same parents who may forget their children may also forget the shoe/purse routine. Once that sign is taped under their noses on the door, they will see it every time.

A shoe would work better for me. I am definitely not going to get out of my car and walk off if I am only wearing one shoe:)

Snipped

Mr. Harris left work after 4:00 p.m. not noticing his son in the backseat, even though sources tell the FOX 5 I-Team the smell inside the car made it obvious something was wrong.

At one point, Mr. Harris drove in the opposite direction of his home.

BBM

After he left work to where he stopped takes a lot longer than I thought looking at the map. :(

Yep. And now we also know the ever elusive "-lunch time"

2 and a half hours after arriving to work puts lunch time around 11:30 - 11:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members