GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely NOT a normal work day for an entry level web developer at a fortune 500 company. If he were one of the founders? Then yeah.

ok, anyone have news where the mom was that day?
I heard she was out-of-town (no, I don't have a link)

Is that RH's normal work hours?
He did he meet at his early lunch at 11:30?
What item did he drop off in his car?

Where does his cell ping at before work? at lunch?
Who did he call during the day?
Who was he meeting after work for drinks and a movie?
Did daycare call him or his wife?

Happy Birthday tomorrow!!! :hugs:

aw thanks, the 3rd is my big oldy moldy b-day :) So I took 2 vaca days with a holiday and a weekend to create a chunk of break.

Where does his cell ping at before work? at lunch?
Who did he call during the day?
Who was he meeting after work for drinks and a movie?
Did daycare call him or his wife?

The last item has nagged at me since the beginning. I just have to think that HD Corporate daycare WOULD call if an infant didn't arrive. Since heat and car deaths are a concern in this state, and the daycare has computerized check in etc....I can't believe they wouldn't notify if a baby was not dropped off. It would be sooo simple, they have their email, work phone, etc.... and there are automated programs that notify instantly.

Lol! Same here on work getting in the way of my WS time! I just can't keep up with all the posts! :)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Watching Nancy Grace. She is almost unbearable but she has good tidbits and interesting guests.

Mom speaks at Funeral and they played the tape. Mom's happy list.

"I am happy a list of things my son will skip. His first heartbreak. I won't have to see that. Junior high and high school - I didn't like. Who to sit with in those awkward middle school years. He will not have to suffer through the death of his grandparents. The death of me and Ross."

Sorry but that is absolutely bizarre to me. Most parents would be speaking about the special times and milestones their departed child won't get to experience (first day of school, first crush, prom, first date, first job, etc). Just such a bizarre way of looking at things, IMO.

from this map the Harris home is north of the pizza place Harris pulled over. The sequence heading north is Harris workplace, hospital, pizza joint, short commute home, all northerly in progression. So are they saying during that ten minute drive he first headed south from work, then headed north, stopping at the pizza place to discover Cooper dead, oops, I mean choking, in his car seat??

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=zJiMS_FZ1AO0.k__1POp3fiiQ

Did it actually say by foot? Couldn't he have gone with a coworker in their car?

:facepalm: no! It did not say by foot! Sorry, my first thought was that he walked.

These little puzzle pieces are making me nuts!

Bumped... Feel free to add

Let's make a list.

Overwhelming smell

Drove 8 minutes 18 seconds claiming not to be aware of his son. While his car reeked.

Recent Internet searches for time and temperatures required to kill a child left in the car. Both parents claim to have searched. He at work, her at home.

Claimed to hear Choking

Visited car at lunch time ; opened drivers side door..to place an "object"
2 and a half hours after he arrived. Left the work property for lunch on foot.

Hottest day on record this summer

Didn't call 911 *
Instructed others to.

Left child unattended when witness came to help ...to make calls.

Excited utterance " what have I done?" "I've killed my child"

After buckling the child back in the car at CF, he claims to have forgotten all about him in less than 3 minutes 14 seconds.

"Dream" his father shared @ funeral. Foreshadowing ...he saw Cooper sitting on Jesus's lap and his wife working in a nursery ....

Arrived at work after 9am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greetings, rollingstone. And :welcome: to our little hideaway in the sky.

Ah, the highly competitive SEC that includes LSU, Ole Miss, and Bama. The couple, the Harris', had lived in Tuscaloosa Home of Roll Tide U of A. There are several photos online of Cooper with his daddy at various ball fields.

About 12 hours ago someone posted a link to a map and I am just now getting to look at it. It is a map of Starkville where MS State Bulldawgs shake their cowbells. JRHarris apparently drove from U of A @ Tuscaloosa to Starkville for a ballgame. [modsnip]

If JRHarris is a big Bama fan, the team colors are maroon and white. Not red and white. Never red for Bama. So, Cooper's casket was the color red and not maroon to indicate dedication to a SEC Team? Then, the red colored casket was selected because Cooper had recently learned to say the word red, iirc.

I wanna slap somebody. Cooper Harris may have grown to become another Joe Namath for the University of Alabama.

Okay. So here is the link to the map of Starkville from RoscoeUA 's photobucket account. Innocuous. Nothing here but the Harris guy attended a ballgame on the campus at MS State University in Starkville, MS. Only a few photos are there and they appear to be innocent college motifs.

http://s132.photobucket.com/user/RoscoeUA/media/Misc%20Temp/starkvillemap.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Bama colors are maroon and white? Really? You have to be a Big Ten fan to commit that mistake. Mississippi State colors include maroon. Bama's colors are crimson and white. Roll Tide!!!

No one is going to like what I have to say here.

I read the whole thing, too. It is intense and yes, thought provoking. It does support my belief that sometimes accidents can happen. Sometimes, hideous tragedies can happen to incredibly good parents. Including forgetting a baby who is left to broil to death in a car.

I clearly remember the case of the Irvine professor. I remember when that happened and have been thinking about it since this case made the news. I felt horrified by what had happened and horrified for the professor when it occurred. I did not think he should've been prosecuted and I was glad when he was not. That man was destroyed by his forgetfulness. It was awful.

I especially liked this part of the article: I've often had that thought - that people are unduly harsh regarding various cases - usually instantly blaming parents when their kids get kidnapped, for not watching them properly, for example - because it creates an illusion of safety that it can never happen to them. I just never saw a psychologist support that feeling.

But let me also say this: None of what is in that article, none of what I read there, changes my mind about the father in this case and his culpability.

---Research on hot car deaths of children a day or so before his baby died in a hot car.

---3 separate contacts with his child, in the span of an hour from when he "forgot", placing him in and taking him out of the car he eventually left him in. 3, separate contacts involving his baby and his car, that very morning.

---3 minutes. 3 Minutes.

I'm sorry. There's no way. This case shares nothing with those featured in the articles, except that a baby died in a hot car.

I haven't decided yet if I agree with your opinion of the case, but I definitely agree with everything else you said here. I still have the habit of always looking at all possibilities, although I admit it's hard to do in this case.

I'm still reserving judgement because there's a very small chance that he had something wearing on his mind (work related or something else) and was so focused on that he just forgot what he was doing. He may have brought his lunch (which would really suck to remember to grab your lunch and forget your child), and threw it into the car when some coworkers invited him to go to lunch with them.

Before I had to load my rollator into the backseat before going anywhere, I almost never looked in my back seat. Even when backing up, I use outside mirrors and look out the back window, but couldn't see my son's car seat behind my seat when I still had one young enough to need one.

I don't know if I'll ever be sure if he did it on purpose, but I am pretty sure he'll be convicted of something for it. MOO

Lol! Same here on work getting in the way of my WS time! I just can't keep up with all the posts! :)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
I have cheated so much today it's horrible. I will be doing the same Thursday during the hearing!

2 observations - does anyone know how Fox decided what route he took from work to AkersMill? The most direct one would take less than 5 minutes. To take over 8 minutes it would be either through Vinings or else he jumped on 285. Also I seriously doubt he walked to lunch in that heat. Closest places are around the chickfila or down the hill in Vinings

Definitely NOT a normal work day for an entry level web developer at a fortune 500 company. If he were one of the founders? Then yeah.

Fortune 50!

Lmao!!!

I'll never forget that....

Sorry... Carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:facepalm: no! It did not say by foot! Sorry, my first thought was that he walked.

These little puzzle pieces are making me nuts!

I doubt he walked in high 80's weather. He doesn't strike me as the walking or health nut type (could be wrong though) getting hot and sweaty in work clothes doesn't sound like a good idea though.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/25919400/cobb-toddler-death-retracing-the-fathers-steps

Mr. Harris drove to his office at Home Depot which took FOX 5 three minutes and 14 seconds to time.

According to police, in that time, Mr. Harris said he forgot about his son and went inside to work. Court records show Mr. Harris went back to his car to put something in it 2-and-a-half hours later.

Two different law enforcement sources tell FOX 5 during that lunch hour Mr. Harris left his work property to go out to lunch, but didn’t take his car.

I bet he walked to the daycare to pick Cooper up and then put Cooper in the car. I think this is why they were able to charge and arrest him so quickly. This would be damning and there would be no question of an accident at that point.

This would also explain why the daycare didn't call a parent. He had already been to daycare and then been picked up for the day. It would also explain why RH never went to the daycare after work.

Sorry I am rambling, but this little thought just made a whole bunch of things fall into place for me.

JMHO

Sorry but that is absolutely bizarre to me. Most parents would be speaking about the special times and milestones their departed child won't get to experience (first day of school, first crush, prom, first date, first job, etc). Just such a bizarre way of looking at things, IMO.

When you add mom's odd happy list to all the things she said about her husband you could've forgotten the tribute was for little Cooper.

Mom followed behind the casket and talked to Ross on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro