GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Starr, I agree. I don't think it's excessive at all. When you consider what kind of hospital bills a parent might be responsible for, it seems reasonable.

Excuse me but what hospital bills? Lil Cooper had an autospy.WTF???????????// HELP:scared:

Mine can get their arms out, but that's it. They learn pretty quick not to do that, though.

I live very near where these events took place. The H.D. Headquarters (HDH) is walking distance from my home. I pass it every day on my way to work. I shop at the Publix where he had lunch; I frequent the
Chick Fil-A where he took his son for breakfast, and Akers Mill is a very busy and congested street in some areas. (Not sure which business he stopped near). And the movie theater he was supposed to meet up with friends is about a half mile past Akers Mill

From what I know of the area, he would have exited HDH using one of 2 exits: he could exit onto Spring Hill Pkwy and follow it to Mt. Wilkinson Pkwy where he would take a right, cross over 285 and then a left onto Cumberland Pkwy (extremely busy road). He would have curved to the right at the light on Cumberland Blvd. (note different roads Blvd. and Pkwy) and then hang a left onto Akers Mill. The only difference in exited HDH onto Paces Ferry is that he would have crossed over 285, hung a left onto Cumberland Pkwy and then continued on the route mentioned above.

It has been very hot here in the Atlanta area. The temp. may be 88 but with the humidity it probably feels more like 95 or higher. I worked within 10 minutes of my house. My car sits in a parking lot all day and when I get it in coming home it's so hot I cannot touch the steering wheel. Granted, HDH has a lot of trees, but it still had to be hot.

Or they could have simply showed up on the doorstep of one of the doting grandmothers and said they simply couldn't handle being parents. Happens all the time. I'm not sure where the logic to kill the child entered in. 27k isn't a big payout or anything. And this is coming from someone who has never made that much in a year!

It's really more than 27k, though, because now they no longer have a child and all the expenses that came with the child (daycare, diapers, food for baby, clothes, toys).

And I'm sure they assumed their friends would raise money for them after their tragic "accident". The youcaring.com fund collected nearly 23k in just a matter of days.

I don't know how it was possible to secure Cooper with the straps in that position and I doubt he was. Remember, Harris removed the baby from the seat. I think that was done because he wasn't strapped into it.

I have a 21 month old and the same car seat (he's in a different one now since he's outgrown it) so I moved the straps to the lowest setting and put him in there just to see a few minutes ago. I was able to get the straps on him and secured (barely) in the lowest position BUT I basically had zero slack left in the harness and it was obvious that it was on the wrong setting. His head was also several inches above the top of the seat.

Now, a lot of that depends on the individual child's size, torso length, etc. I think Cooper was probably smaller than my son, based on the photos I've seen of him. My son was in the 80% for both height and weight at his 18 month appointment, so he's on the bigger side.

But I know the PD said Cooper's head was above the seat and based on putting my son in there, that would definitely be the case..

As to the insurance money and instructing family from behind bars how to make the claims. ROSS HARRIS: Good luck buddy, if you are the one accused of causing the death no insurance company under the sun is going to pay out that claim. And not only that, they will not pay it out to the secondary benificiary either so if that is LH you are both screwed. Gonna have to use that fundraising account money for your defense and trust me that money will not go far, then when that money is gone so likely will be your attorney and he can take his damn "leftovers" with him

I live very near where these events took place. The H.D. Headquarters (HDH) is walking distance from my home. I pass it every day on my way to work. I shop at the Publix where he had lunch; I frequent the
Chick Fil-A where he took his son for breakfast, and Akers Mill is a very busy and congested street in some areas. (Not sure which business he stopped near). And the movie theater he was supposed to meet up with friends is about a half mile past Akers Mill

From what I know of the area, he would have exited HDH using one of 2 exits: he could exit onto Spring Hill Pkwy and follow it to Mt. Wilkinson Pkwy where he would take a right, cross over 285 and then a left onto Cumberland Pkwy (extremely busy road). He would have curved to the right at the light on Cumberland Blvd. (note different roads Blvd. and Pkwy) and then hang a left onto Akers Mill. The only difference in exited HDH onto Paces Ferry is that he would have crossed over 285, hung a left onto Cumberland Pkwy and then continued on the route mentioned above.

It has been very hot here in the Atlanta area. The temp. may be 88 but with the humidity it probably feels more like 95 or higher. I worked within 10 minutes of my house. My car sits in a parking lot all day and when I get it in coming home it's so hot I cannot touch the steering wheel. Granted, HDH has a lot of trees, but it still had to be hot.

I feel like mom knew dad was thinking about killing Cooper, but maybe didn't know it was going down that day. I feel like she was aware, maybe even took part in researching and planning it (can you EVEN imagine?) but her comment at the daycare doesn't say to me that she knew it had happened that day...before she arrived at daycare.

Either way, what a pair of selfish, heartless, murdering freaks. No emotional reaction concerning their dead son. His concern-himself. Her concern-also him. I feel horrible for Cooper's grandparents. Not only have they lost this precious little boy, in a horrifying way, but they are now learning that their children are creeps.

Hook them both up. We can draw straws to see which of us gets the honor of throwing the switch.

I think there's a good chance the childfree click/search/whatever has nothing to do with the case. Depending on how long ago it was, they could definitely been thinking about what it would be to be childfree due to infertility or he could have been trolling there given his views on abortion, etc. jmo
Trolling for women that don't want children.
Future dates once he is childless?
Who knows!
I sure would like to know some of bis ither screen names!
moo

This is something that bothers me about me about this case. Despite all the attention, when I google Cooper Harris, on the first and second pages of results, there are still completely unrelated ones. When I watched HLN yesterday for the hearing, I don’t think I saw Cooper’s name on the screen once. Now, I know it is normal for the killer to get more attention than the victim, but there are many victims who have their names used in headlines, on the TV screen, etc. It feels like Cooper is being referred to as “his son” or “the child/baby” instead of by his name. I just feel like he is being pushed to the side, way more than other victims have been.

For example, on July 2nd, Cooper’s name was said only 6x on the Nancy Grace show. On July 3rd, it was said only 5x. (The person who did the transcript typed “Ross Cooper” more than once, or did NG call him that?) On the other hand, on a July 22, 2008 broadcast, Caylee’s name was said 34x. A show about the Zimmerman verdict had Trayvon’s name said 45x. How do they do an entire show, and only have the victim’s name said 5-6x?! That includes by Nancy, her guests, any voice-over, the callers, any videos they show, etc.

Has anyone else noticed this, and what do you think the reason(s) is for it?

I am waaay behind here. I apologize if this has been said a million times.

Was it just me, or did the defense seem genuinely surprised to learn most of the information? He seemed surprised also that LE recorded everything and took so many pictures. Or maybe he was just hoping they hadn't?

Just wondering....does the defense have a right to evidence discovery before a probable cause hearing?

(BTW, I took a loooong vacation after the JA trial. It's nice to see so many familiar names on WS, though it for sure is a horrendous crime to follow :(

Right. I didn't say it was. I was replying to another poster saying she would assume they had been in an accident. I was pointing out that Leanna knew Justin was not missing.

And the baby's name is Cooper.

Thanks. I have corrected - I have called him Cooper all along, so not sure where that came from.:blushing:

yeah, still rankled over that whole leftovers analogy. SMDH. I mean what poor poor taste.

Bumping

Post #4 has now been updated with the following information:

Mom is no longer considered a victim for Websleuths purposes. She can be discussed in the context of what she has said in the media and in the warrants and the information that came out in court at the Probable Cause/Bond Hearing.

As far as sleuthing mom, the door is now open.

Please post accordingly.

Salem

No, the DA would not have felt it was important evidence if the activity wasn't recent. Don't worry there is much more to come about RH online activity!

Ugh, what I'm I doing wrong that the posts I'm quoting aren't showing up in my posts? This was in reply to the assertion RH's active on the "child free" reddits aren't related to this case!

yeah, still rankled over that whole leftovers analogy. SMDH. I mean what poor poor taste.

Not only that, but it's pretty clear he ALMOST went on to say something like "and then you remember it." But he stopped himself remembering that Ross supposedly did NOT remember Cooper. He did that one other time that I noticed, but I can't remember what the other one was.

Post #4 has now been updated with the following information:

Mom is no longer considered a victim for Websleuths purposes. She can be discussed in the context of what she has said in the media and in the warrants and the information that came out in court at the Probable Cause/Bond Hearing.

As far as sleuthing mom, the door is now open.

Please post accordingly.

Salem

This is great to hear. But did something happen today that allows this now?

Sorry, I've had guests all. day. long.

I think I'm just about caught up, again.
Is there a link to the court transcript from yesterday? I did a quick search but wasn't able to find it.
Thankyou x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member