GA - Theresa Parker, 41, Lafayette, 21 March 2007 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm posting this idea from anothr blog on Theresa - It was reported in the media that her sisters are planning on releasing balloons on Theresa's birthday, which is September 9. We think it would be good if we expanded this effort and everyone who cares about Theresa releasing their own balloons in her honor. You can choose to release 1, 42 because she would be turning 42, or any other number....any number would be great. We are planning on putting a flyer on the ribbon that says something like: Happy Birthday Theresa. Missing since March 21, 2007. If you have any information please contact GBI Special Agent James Harris or GBI Agent David Gilleland at 706-639-2255 (24 Hour). Some people have said the time for this will be approximately 7 pm but if that isn't a good time you could do it at your own time that day. If you want to print a picture of Theresa to put on the balloon flyer, then you can go to http://news.webshots.com/photo/2621851710101637750wFtelP.

This would be a great way to show that we haven't forgotten Theresa and a way to get her name out there to others. I hope as many people as possible will participate.

I had a thought about why BSlack, SP's divorce attorney, may have fabricated the fishing story...

In the Fox Atlanta Interview, SP made it clear that he is "stuck" with regard to his marital status. " I just wish she had signed the divorce papers. I do. I really do." SP is in a 7 year pickle waiting for insurance money and a death certificate. When he killed TP, I am betting he thought those papers had already been signed. I think he thought so because B.Slack told him so.

When SP realized that in fact, the deal was not done, he hit the roof and BS was needing to calm his client down. As a gesture to keep SP from flipping totally out, maybe BS offered the character witness and alibi story?

just a thought.

OtOh...

How do you see that fitting in with Parker checking on the papers at 11:30 am the next day after Theresa disappeared? That he expected they were signed and weren't?

As I understand it, this lawyer was not his divorce lawyer (did he have one?), and was said to have done work for Theresa's family, but was not involved in this divorce.

Is that correct, or meant to throw people off?

rd

I will have to check, OTOH, but I believe the news article quoting the lawyer who said they were on a fishing trip judt mentioned he had represented Theresa's family in the past, that he was "just a friend", IIRC.

I will have to check what I have read on that.

rd

I'm posting this idea from anothr blog on Theresa - It was reported in the media that her sisters are planning on releasing balloons on Theresa's birthday, which is September 9. We think it would be good if we expanded this effort and everyone who cares about Theresa releasing their own balloons in her honor. You can choose to release 1, 42 because she would be turning 42, or any other number....any number would be great. We are planning on putting a flyer on the ribbon that says something like: Happy Birthday Theresa. Missing since March 21, 2007. If you have any information please contact GBI Special Agent James Harris or GBI Agent David Gilleland at 706-639-2255 (24 Hour). Some people have said the time for this will be approximately 7 pm but if that isn't a good time you could do it at your own time that day. If you want to print a picture of Theresa to put on the balloon flyer, then you can go to http://news.webshots.com/photo/2621851710101637750wFtelP.

This would be a great way to show that we haven't forgotten Theresa and a way to get her name out there to others. I hope as many people as possible will participate.

I will participate from Peachtree City, GA. We, (Lighting the Way Home), will release 42 balloons with attached flyers.

After more than five months with no sign of the missing 911 dispatcher, Theresa Parker's job at the Walker County emergency center has been filled -- but for coworker Rebecca Brown the mention of her friend and co-worker still evokes tears.

"Nobody will be able to fill her shoes," Mrs. Brown said. "It is just a position that is having to be filled, but not to take her place, because nobody will ever take her place."

Director of Walker County's 911 center David Ashburn said Mrs. Parker's 911 supervisor job was filled about three weeks ago by Christy Hicks, who was friends with and trained under Mrs. Parker. Ms. Hicks was promoted from dispatcher to supervisor and Walker County will also hire another dispatcher, Mr. Ashburn said.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/absolutenm/templates/local.aspx?articleid=20776&zoneid=77

Theresa Parker’s family will celebrate her 42nd birthday with a balloon release Sunday afternoon in LaFayette.

Five months have passed since Theresa, a Walker County 911 dispatcher, was last seen.

~snip~

“We are very pleased how the FBI and GBI are handling this. They are going to be things happening in the next few weeks to show how hard they are working to bring Theresa home,” Hall said.

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_...&pnpID=730&NewsID=835337&CategoryID=3511&on=1

I think it is very sweet that they are saying others may release balloons for their loved ones too. Anyone from here attending ?

All those that are in GA, please release balloons this Sunday, Call any PARTY CITY, my local PC is donating 42 purple balloons! I bet your local one will too!

I just sent this out to our volunteers:
Just wanted you to all know this, and post here because of the GA connections, incase any of you would like to participate...I will delete after Saturday...

Just sent this out to all volunteers:
Theresa has been missing since 3/21.

LTWH will be releasing 42 balloons w/flyers attached from Peachtree City, GA at 7PM on Sept 9 in honor of Theresa.

People are participating all over GA.

If you can commit to releasing ANY # , any #, 1 or 100, balloons please let me know so I can let organizers know what other cities LTWH will be participating from!

If you would like to join us in Peachtree City, let me know! We can have a prayer, release balloons and have dinner! (before or after, depends on how many respond)

Newnan PartyCity has agreed to donate to us 42 Purple (her fav color, I have read) balloons.

http://www.findtheresaparker.com/

Theresa Parker is a beloved sister, daughter, aunt, coworker, family member, and friend to many people. She was a 911 operator in Lafayette, Georgia and has been missing since March 21. She left her sister's home that Wednesday evening and said she was on her way to clean out her new apartment she had just rented. When family couldn't reach her for days, they reported her missing. The police found her vehicle still in the driveway of the marital home on Cordell Road in Lafayette so they know she didn't drive away. Her purse and cell phone were the only things missing.

Help us make a difference! Show Theresa's family we have and will not forget her!

Kindest regards,
Christine

42 purple balloons released for missing 911 operator Theresa Parker.

Other balloons released for random GA missing that either had birthdays in Sept or went missing in Sept.

All balloons had flyer of the missing person attached, including Theresa's.

miscpics133.jpg

miscpics138.jpg
miscpics139.jpg

miscpics140.jpg
miscpics141.jpg

Christine the pics turned out great! What an azmazing sight to see all of them fly away today! And I was so glad to be passing out the identification kits too. Can't wait to do it again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christine the pics turned out great! What an azmazing sight to see all of them fly away today! And I was so glad to be passing out the identification kits too. Can't wait to do it again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah! I forgot we passed out free Personal ID kits! That did turn out well too. I hope every person who took one never has to use it!

What a wonderful sight Christine. Could you please share your pics on the Therea Parker forum also. We have all been so anxious to see some.

I love the fact that you were also able to remember others on this day.

I know Theresa and all the others would be so honored.

cdc

What a wonderful sight Christine. Could you please share your pics on the Therea Parker forum also. We have all been so anxious to see some.

I love the fact that you were also able to remember others on this day.

I know Theresa and all the others would be so honored.

cdc

I posted there under balloon release thread and pictures :D

Christine. Thank you for all you do and for sharing this. (My plans were all messed up yesterday, due to a death and the funeral home formalities).

Theresa will always be on my mind and in my heart .........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member