General discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinkoflaura said:
You mosey back down there and try those shoes on. I want a picture!!

Seriously, I can't see a man wearing metallic silver anything except sunglasses in the way of clothing accessories.

You really did great! I feel more like I have a feeling for the crimescene than I did before. I bet she liked the house a lot. Oh, this is so sad.

Just showed my husband the picture of the shoes because he said some men do wear metallic ones. He said---There's an envelope right by them so you could kind of tell the size from there, but look up the Nike style.

Very sharp eyes. Have no idea of how to look up the Nike style, but thought maybe someone else might be able to ascertain whether they are men's or women's.

LvsAMystry said:
I think I found one additional ebay identity, not marked as affliated with the other ones for some reason. I'm technically deficient and don't know how to make a screenshot, sorry.

Anyhow, the ebay name is dcraven (no hyphen like the other one) and it's out of NC also. Lots of activity from 99 onward, right up to May 30 even. Looks like lots of car parts and what not.

Not sure if this will work, but here is link to that profile: dcraven ebay profile

I think this is probably not Raven...it seems a lot of the things bought via ebay are parts for a Ford Mustang...???

Chica said:
I think this is probably not Raven...it seems a lot of the things bought via ebay are parts for a Ford Mustang...???

Yea, I did wonder about that so wasn't sure. Odd there would be two dcravens in NC, although the d or the dc could just be initials rather than anything else, such as the soccer team DC United.

Samurai said:
Just showed my husband the picture of the shoes because he said some men do wear metallic ones. He said---There's an envelope right by them so you could kind of tell the size from there, but look up the Nike style.

Very sharp eyes. Have no idea of how to look up the Nike style, but thought maybe someone else might be able to ascertain whether they are men's or women's.
There are some shoes that look similar on www.soccer.com. Incidentally, this is the Eurosport site where Raven used to work.

Samurai said:

I think they may be Ravens...here is a link: http://www.soccerworldtx.com/Footwear.html
they are in the sixth row down, far right pair of shoes.

Here is the description: Nike Mercurial Vapor Chrome Reg. $174.95

SewingDeb said:
There's another raven on eBay:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=raven67pony

I found this one while looking at feedback shown on the link you are referring to. Apparently the two did business (would Raven make his own feedback look good?).

I have found that I did repeat business with the same people because when you are into something rather unusual or expensive, or both, the market of sellers is rather narrow. Sometimes, it will be the same seller to buyer and vice versa many times. Once two people trust each other as transaction partners, the buyer tends to look for the seller's items.

Also, eBay has a feature where you add your favorite seller searches, so you can pull up everything currently for sale by MustangSally or whomever.

Chica said:
I think they may be Ravens...here is a link: http://www.soccerworldtx.com/Footwear.html
they are in the sixth row down, far right pair of shoes.

Here is the description: Nike Mercurial Vapor Chrome Reg. $174.95

Good grief!! $175 shoes left out on the porch? Not at my house.
And how utterly sad that her empty shoes are left there, for all who do come by to see.

I would give anything to be within driving distance of Durham NC. I'd love to see inside the house.. I keep wondering if he left her clothes in the house?

I KNOW he took his top name brand stuff with him.

Thinkoflaura said:
I have found that I did repeat business with the same people because when you are into something rather unusual or expensive, or both, the market of sellers is rather narrow. Sometimes, it will be the same seller to buyer and vice versa many times. Once two people trust each other as transaction partners, the buyer tends to look for the seller's items.

Also, eBay has a feature where you add your favorite seller searches, so you can pull up everything currently for sale by MustangSally or whomever.

I was thinking the Raven I found could be another user Id of RA. Probably not.

SewingDeb said:
I was thinking the Raven I found could be another user Id of RA. Probably not.

Chances are, he only had the one eBay ID, because of the number of times he changed it. If he was using more than 1, then there would be little need to change it to something else, IMHO.
The dates and sale peaks which we can see coincide with the theft dates pretty well too.

Also, eBay does not like it at all when a person has 2 eBay IDs. I think it's OK if all you do is BUY, but if you SELL, then there's a potential for shill bidding.

Thinkoflaura said:
lostmyjobsales(private) 4 years 5 months NC, United States

Check out the FB- had intensive activity for a 12 month period, over 200 transactions, then nothing since.
HMMM.
...excellent job!TOL...

...hmmmmmmmmmm...so futbalrguy was selling from nov. 03-jan.19/05.....he's sold over 200 items! not bad.....

...looks like lostmyjob, is IN fact.....arrestedandfiredfrommyjob.....

User IDEffective DateEnd DatelostmyjobsalesJan-19-05Present futbalrguyNov-15-03Jan-19-05dc-friendMar-14-01Nov-15-03dc-ravenJan-04-01Mar-14-01*******@ravenstree.comDec-17-00Jan-04-01

NCBanker said:
Since there's been so much discussion on the shoes, here's another photo I took, which I left out earlier...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/Golfmom/snap0013.jpg
..........judging by the cleaner bottle.....( base approx. 3 1/2 inches....) the width of the shoe rack would be approx. 12 inches...

http://shoes.about.com/od/fitcomfort/a/wshoeconversion.htm

.....U.S. Women's Shoe SizeInches58.69"5.58.81"69"6.59.19"79.31"7.59.5"89.69"8.59.81"910"9.510.19"1010.31"10.510.5"

...the above chart only goes up to a women's size 10 and 1/2 , being 10 1/2 inches long..............those shoes in the pic do look narrow............even if they are 11 or so inches long............that would be a women's size 11................or a man's 9.....

...correct ?

...i remember the search warrant stated that they took a size 10 1/2 addidas shoes.....were those a women's or men's..?

...janet's shoes left behind....................heartbreaking...

..raven leaving HIS shoes out in the rain ????? shocking....

NCBanker said:
The desk wasn't broken. It was actually carefully taken apart. I have some experience with these types of desks, and they aren't easy to put together much less take apart. I imagine LE or the landlord carefully dismantled it in either getting a piece for testing, or to get it completely out of the house. It's also possible Raven took it apart and intends to pick it up. They may have had him get it out because the new carpet is scheduled to by installed shortly.

Relative to the creek, I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I tried to imagine someone running down to it to wash up, and it just doesn't seem plausible. It's too overgrown.
...the desk.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y2...om/snap0009.jpg

.on raven's family site : http://www.ravenstree.com/mylife2.htm

[url="http://www.ravenstree.com/images/Kaiden%20Images/IMGA0426_small.JPG"]http://www.ravenstree.com/images/Kaiden%20Images/IMGA0426_small.JPG[/url]

..............does look very similar in material/colour to the one in raven/kaiden's photo posted on his ravenstree site the day/nite before janet's murder.....

...NCB stated that it was in fact raining when he was at the residence taking pics today............and 'the desk' was out in the drive.............

...raven mustn't care too much about the comp.desk................or the abandoned soccer shoes...............( worth a pretty penny, either emotionally,(janet's ) or financially..($175.00!!)(his own )

...court case next friday for the guy..............i agree with an earlier post of TOL.........he's a flight risk...........on the embezzlement charges (june 10th).and.............??!!....( possible murder charge ?)

...we know he's off to see an uncle in maine.............( goodbye east coast ) , visiting a sister in utah ( hello west coast ) writing blog entries on his ( new found ) lamanite/indian heritage.....( the people he will now have hiding him ?) sure, i can see him disappearing underground in a big hurry....scary.....

Raven's pattern of activity on eBay is SO abnormal.
Here's why: If I registered today as Daisy Duke, bought and sold stuff and people left feedback ( FB) for me, and then I later changed my eBay name to Daffy Duck, the FB from the other transactions would follow.
In other words, your FB follows you unless you get away with setting up a totally new account.. and eBay security, called Safe Harbor, usually finds those.

I have 2 Internet Browsers open so I can hopefully intelligently discuss the irregularities. Taking into account that he started out on eBay in 2001, his
transaction record is almost ALL within the past 12 months.
The only question is if he or Janet BOUGHT something on eBay vs.selling. If so, then the stats will be off just a bit. I can't tell because the P. Ness made his profile private.

Here are how the numbers stack up:

He had 285 total transactions since opening the account in 2001.

Out of those 285, 249 were made starting on 6/2/04 forward. 200 are over 6 months old but not over 12 months old... So, there was a flurry of activity all at once, it appears, and the activity coincides with the theft of merchandise.

Of all the 285 transactions, he only had 36 repeat customers. That is also VERY unusual. Apparently, he dumped the merchandise so fast that he didn't have time for many repeaters? I am not sure why.
His negatives and neutral comments received were all within the past 12 months from 6/2/04, and there were only 3 ( which I find darned amazing).

I'm starting to wonder if Janet did the eBay part. If the merchandise was part of the stolen stuff, she wouldn't know. Raven could have told her it was something he bought at huge discounts.

There has been NO activity, either buying or selling since almost 6 months ago.

BTW, the sensical answer would be that the police already know about this, but if they did, they would have to contact eBay to obtain the sales records for criminal proceedings.
Once they told eBay management of the fraud and embezzlement ( trading in stolen goods) eBay would pull his account faster than you can say " Master Card", and they have NOT deactivated his account.

I suspect Raven thought they would deactivate his account, because he make his feedback private. A person usually does that when they suspect they are getting thrown off eBay.. Usually if they have a rotten FB record.

He could use this account tomorrow if he wanted to.

Wow, you guys are amazing.....pictures of the house, finding the ebay account, contemplating the "other guy"...I'm thinking the Durham LE needs to move aside and let you all do the investigating. They can't be that incompetent and not know (or think) any of this, can they???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmileyKazza