George and Cindy Anthony have new lawyers

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not exactly the statement I expected them to make actually.

Orlando Attorney Mark Lippman Issues Media Statement Regarding Legal Representation in Casey Anthony Case

http://www.zimbio.com/Top+News/articles/tUvN3mVeG-o/Orlando+Attorney+Mark+Lippman+Issues+Media

Snipped from article -
Lippman Law Offices, P.A., previously represented George and Cindy Anthony in their civil mortgage foreclosure. We continue to represent them in this matter.

Subsequent to the resignation of attorney Brad Conway as legal representative of George and Cindy Anthony in the matter involving Casey Anthony, we have agreed with George and Cindy Anthony to expand our role to assume attorney Conway’s former responsibilities.

BBM - I thought everything was settled on the A's house. Why would they need attorneys to continue to represent them in this matter? Could it be more involved than just refinancing?

Snipped from article -
Lippman Law Offices, P.A., previously represented George and Cindy Anthony in their civil mortgage foreclosure. We continue to represent them in this matter.

Subsequent to the resignation of attorney Brad Conway as legal representative of George and Cindy Anthony in the matter involving Casey Anthony, we have agreed with George and Cindy Anthony to expand our role to assume attorney Conway’s former responsibilities.

BBM - I thought everything was settled on the A's house. Why would they need attorneys to continue to represent them in this matter? Could it be more involved than just refinancing?

The docket still shows this as a pending matter, thankfully I've never been through foreclosure, maybe it's just a formality.

*snipped* from Lippman's media release; bbm

"Lippman Law Offices, P.A., takes the firm position that excessive exposure in the news media adds undue burdens on the court in its constitutional responsibility to administer justice fairly and equitably. Further, excessive media coverage and resulting speculation is detrimental to the interests of our clients."

What exactly are the "interests" of his clients?

Financial? Making sure the murderer of Caylee is acquitted? Future media deals?

Mr. Lippman, your clients have RESPONSIBILITIES. A responsibility to tell the truth. And, frankly, they should not need an attorney to represent them in testifying truthfully.

And media coverage? Are you kidding me? Your clients are not exactly camera shy, sir.

*snipped* from Lippman's media release; bbm

"Lippman Law Offices, P.A., takes the firm position that excessive exposure in the news media adds undue burdens on the court in its constitutional responsibility to administer justice fairly and equitably. Further, excessive media coverage and resulting speculation is detrimental to the interests of our clients."

What exactly are the "interests" of his clients?

Financial? Making sure the murderer of Caylee is acquitted? Future media deals?

Mr. Lippman, your clients have RESPONSIBILITIES. A responsibility to tell the truth. And, frankly, they should not need an attorney to represent them in testifying truthfully.

And media coverage? Are you kidding me? Your clients are not exactly camera shy, sir.

Now, be fair. The statement says nothing about Cindy talking to the media, but only says "we/Lippman Law Offices" don't.

The entire statement is nothing but a poorly disguised advertisement.

Now, be fair. The statement says nothing about Cindy talking to the media, but only says "we/Lippman Law Offices" don't.

I agree it says nothing about Cindy talking to the media. That was my point. ;) It is a bit hypocritical to complain about "excessive media coverage" while his clients are going on the Today Show, GMA, 48 Hours, 20/20 and sitting with JL at every hearing.

It will be interesting to see how long this relationship lasts.
The attorney claims to want to keep a low profile but the A's
would wither up and die without their fix of a major network
interview.

Okay Numbers, you got me feeling guilty about my statement.

I digress. These guys are new. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they can reel in CA & GA. I shall withhold judgement and be less cynical. Hopefully, they will prove me wrong. :)

I digress. These guys are new. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they can reel in CA & GA. I shall withhold judgement and be less cynical. Hopefully, they will prove me wrong. :)

... and don't forget to wish them luck with all that. It will be close to impossible for them to make CA see that media attention is not in her best interest. :angel:

... and don't forget to wish them luck with all that. It will be close to impossible for them to make CA see that media attention is not in her best interest. :twocents:

Hmm, what would the reason be that they need two attorney's?
Attorneys Mark Lippman and Jennifer Craddock Also HANDLE ALL CRIMINAL CASES with Tampering being one of their specialties. I do wonder if Cindy will finally be arrested. IMO, Caylee would of been found if Cindy did not lie to LE or destroy evidence. I have always wondered why she had not been arrested for interfering with the investigation. I hate to admit, but I really wish she would be arrested, I wonder what type of reaction Casey would have knowing her mother is behind bars. Heck, they can save the state some money and put them in the same cell.

I would like to know how the law works in FL regarding them having two attorneys that work in the same law firm.
If they each have their own attorney how will that work with their husband/wife privilege? I thought that when it comes to murder cases regarding children nobody has any privilege?
Anyone knows how that works? TIA

I still do not understand why they need lawyers...

You said what I should have said, Horace.

I do not understand why they need attorneys to testify truthfully.

And, I do not understand what Mr. Lippman is referring to when he speaks of his client's "interests". What are their interests?

I still do not understand why they need lawyers...

I wish a reporter would ask them that question. They had BC at their side at every interview and every court appearance...talk about a big pink elephant in the room that every reporter seems to ignore the obvious question, WHY do they need a lawyer. I guess when the networks pay for interviews (cough, pictures) they negotiate the questions up front. Asking them why they need a lawyer(s) must be off limits. I've never seen the grandparents of a murdered grandchild lawyer up. Oops I forgot, according to Cindy, Caylee is still alive but she's not looking for her. She's preoccupied at the moment trying to make headlines by dropping off a pair of shoes.

IMO

Orlando Attorney Mark Lippman Issues Media Statement Regarding Legal Representation in Casey Anthony Case

http://www.zimbio.com/Top+News/articles/tUvN3mVeG-o/Orlando+Attorney+Mark+Lippman+Issues+Media

Have the new lawyers told Cindy to take HER media contacts off speed dial on her phone ... such as "Holly" .... "Jim L" ... "PEOPLE Mag" ....

CindyphoneJimNBCKenGagneNLHF1a.jpg

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/files/cindy_anthony_cell_phone_report_ocso.pdf
page 4 of OCSO report

It will be interesting to see how long this relationship lasts.
The attorney claims to want to keep a low profile but the A's
would wither up and die without their fix of a major network
interview.

Works for me. :D

Aw, don't feel guilty. Apparently you didn't see that tongue in my cheek.

The entire statement focuses on what Lippman plans to do (or not do). It seems to fall in the "protest too much" category, although they do manage to get their name out there several times: "Please spell it right - two p's, one n." It smacks of newbie/amateur.

Nowhere do they say they will prevent or even discourage Cindy from running her mouth. So what's the point of the statement???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lotsofelbowd
Back