George Anthony Reported Missing *UPDATE FOUND*#2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear Ya ! GA failed to meet his responsibility as head of household which set off a whole chain of events .

He has a job interview in the AM but writes suicide notes the night
before ? I feel this is diversion from the doc dumps a long standing
Anthony habit.

He is so passive aggressive - I see lots of oh poor George posts- GMAB
He is an enabler - he is pandering to KC - he is putting money
in her commissary acct - he is mouthing the defense propaganda
well all this may very well be .. no person should ever feel like they have no way out but to die i dont care who they are

Maybe George's guilt is finally catching up with him?

Maybe George is looking for Sympathy ?

Whatever the reason.....If GA really wanted to Kill himself he would have.

If you ask me this is all just more "BS drama" from the Anthony family

Friday - you're as right as rain. And there's another problem with the Sunshine Law (It's called the Sunshine Ordinance here in SF - only for cases dealing with public integrity): it taints the jury pool. And it gives Jose Biaz an out if (actually, when) Casey is convicted. I work in the DA's office in SF and evidence like this would NEVER be out in the open for the public to hear. It's like if I took sensitive evidence from my office and threw it out on the street, for all to see. It doesn't help the defense and I don't see it helping the prosecution either.

I had a nice long post on George Anthony and of course it got lost. So here I go again, trying to reconstruct my thoughts. Basically, I have three points.

1 - for those thinking George never was serious about suicide, I think it's irrelevant. It's a cry for help and that's the first step for those wanting suicide. Many people who kill themselves will cry for help or want attention. Even if George never had any intention of doing it, the line between that and doing it is very thin. He wrote the note. He checked himself in a hotel. He had pill bottles. If he wasn't going to do it today, he could probably do it tomorrow. So for those doubting this poor man, give him a break. Would you want to be in his shoes?

2 - He should have left Cindy many, many years ago. I dont' care how much money you would have lost or who gets the house. Hell, let her have everything. The problem is, the entire Anthony family has lived a life of lies. Do we know why George left his sheriff's job in Ohio? How serious his gambling was? How many lies he told Cindy, perhaps to cover his debt? Or what happened when he threw his relative through a plate glass window? Both of them have been trying to spin this Beaver Cleaver/Brady Bunch family life for years, and now with Caylee gone (probably the only honest person in the household), the wheels are off and the cover is blown. George needed to be the man in his house - not in a demeaning way, to control the woman, but to set up some sort of order. To cut out the lies and to be blunt, with both Casey and Cindy. I'm sure he tried, but I think Cindy undercut him, which made him the joke of the family. His authority was NEVER respected. And this is the result. Had he left, and still been a part of Casey and Lee's life albeit afar, he could have reinvented himself and allow his kids to see him the way he would want them to see him. As a real man.

3 - I think he was considering pulling a "Willie Loman" (don't know? google it). Think of the debt this case is piling up. Their lawyers. Lee's lawyer. Casey's civil and criminal defense team. The funeral. Why do you think they're still selling shirts and going on interviews? They need the money! And he was going on a job interview this morning? So that means he lost his security job - all because of this case! I'm sure Cindy won't be able to work at the hospital anymore either.

Whatever ill you think of George and Cindy, remember one thing. Both of them loved Caylee very much. If Casey loved her child even 1/10 as much as George and Cindy, this case would have never happened.

Having said that, George did choose Cindy. He didn't have to.

An awesome post in every single respect. IMHO :clap:

Maybe George's guilt is finally catching up with him?

Maybe George is looking for Sympathy ?

Whatever the reason.....If GA really wanted to Kill himself he would have.

If you ask me this is all just more "BS drama" from the Anthony family

Boston, trying to keep up with this family is like trying to herd cats. It cannot be done. Frankly, I'm getting sick of all of them.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I totally agree about George not being a victim in the family dynamic. I feel for him that Casey has done what she has done. And I like everyone else am jaded by my own personal life experiences but George is an adult, on his second marriage (ie not 18 and being kicked in the gut by an inability to weigh his adult decisions).

He chose Cindy and she chose him for a reason. They fit each others dysfunction. And if he truly is the more emotionally healthy of the two parents than in my opinion he has more of a duty to intervene YEARS ago in the dysfunction that defines this family. Not facilitate it, not be part of it, not rage about it and accomplish nothing. That is just a temper tantrum.

Everyone here is completely on the why didn't Cindy do something sooner, why didn't she take Caylee, why didn't she shake some sense into Casey when she was younger. What about George? Why didn't George take custody of Casey and Lee? Why didn't he protect them from her if she had no boundaries and was raising them to be liars and much worse? Where was George when virgin-mother-Casey was 7 plus months pregnant, apparantly getting no prenatal care and his wife had her head in the sand?

Where was the man of the family when Cindy said that is the pizza we smell in the trunk? Where was the man of the family that says "no honey, it is not the pizza, something is horribly wrong here. We need help, we need to find Caylee, we need to see that she is okay, and clearly our daughter has gotten herself into something really horrible". Nope, that is not his role in this family. He jumps right into the fray and encourages Cindy, yes honey it is the pizza. Path of least resistance.

My personal opinion is that kids raised in families like this are victims, and the ones that can pull it together need a few years of adulthood to get themselves straightened out. But I am very leary of the man of the family who is seen as a loving soul tortured and tolerating of his wife. BS. Just like a woman who stands by and lets her husband abuse and degrade the kids they are equally if not more responsible for not doing anything. They shouldn't be sainted. Rant over.
Great post.
I did expect that the suicide attempt, (if it were genuine), would a least mark a cathartic moment for George. The first small step toward ending his mental turmoil by admitting to himself at least the real facts. I expected the "suicide note" to at least go some way towards admitting he knows KC is horribly involved, but it seems not, if preliminary reports are true. Still denying KC's involvement. Still blaming others. Anybody. Not KC? Not CA? Not himself?

If George really wanted to commit suicide, he could have turned off his phone & taken a cab somewhere. This was either a cry for help or a Casey defense strategy because he feels guilty that she killed Caylee - even though that is NOT his fault. I feel for George but he needs to come clean with the truth - the jig is UP.

Boston, trying to keep up with this family is like trying to herd cats. It cannot be done. Frankly, I'm getting sick of all of them.

Me too....

I can see the Anthony Attorney now. He'll be on Larry King & Geraldo whining about the tremendous amount of stress George & Cindy have been under & how the public should be ashamed of itself for pushing George over the edge..

Boo Hoo.....Poor George!

Caylee's Dead & they let her ROT in the woods & she still hasn't been given a proper buriel

I understand where you are coming from but I disagree. From my experience people commit suicide for one overriding reason - to stop the pain. Where that pain comes from and how bad it is might not make sense to you or me, but to them it is overwhelming and there is nothing else that they know of to stop it.

To add to that they do not consider it selfish, they feel worth nothing and that the world and even all who love them would be better off without them. They can't feel the pain they would leave behind because the pain they are feeling about themselves is too great, the overriding thought is "they would all be better off without me". So trying to get them to see how selfish it is does not work at all in my experience.

I understand where you are coming from but I disagree. From my experience people commit suicide for one overriding reason - to stop the pain. Where that pain comes from and how bad it is might not make sense to you or me, but to them it is overwhelming and there is nothing else that they know of to stop it.

O.K. I hear you. He did not commit suicide.

A reporter this morning said LA is out of town on business. I dunno if that's true. Can't remember which news source 'cause I was watching Ch 13, LocalFox and Ch 9 WFTV this morning. But supposedly he's out of town on business.

WFTV Kathi Belich reported from the house the LA is out of town on business so you heard right. LA was calling GA's cell phone but got no response.

It was just reported that CA left an hour ago to go to Daytona to see GA with thier attorney. God only hopes that the doctors don't let her in and I am hoping he or GA denies her visit.

The more I hear, the more I think ..

D R A M A R A M A ..

~yawn~

You know what is interesting, I don't know if this has been mentioned cause, again, this is a loooong thread, but now John Allen is the HERO, not the enemy KC has painted him and tried to sell to her parents. maybe now the family will see things more clearly?

WFTV Kathi Belich reported from the house the LA is out of town on business so you heard right. LA was calling GA's cell phone but got no response.

It was just reported that CA left an hour ago to go to Daytona to see GA with thier attorney. God only hopes that the doctors don't let her in and I am hoping he or GA denies her visit.
:clap:

Please Pray she is denied!

Thank you for saying exactly what I've sat on my hands and bit my tongue to keep from coming out of Lurk Land to post. But now that it's out there...

Respectfully, I say to everyone on this board that has never contemplated or attempted suicide: Until you are in so much pain and feel so hopeless that you cannot eat or drink, that you cannot sleep when you're supposed to and function when you're supposed to...Until there is nothing in the world that brings you any happiness or consolation...Until every waking moment is consumed by thoughts of how much better the world and everyone in it will be with you gone...Until there is not one thing in the world that makes you want to drag yourself out of the bed you've been living in...you just don't know how attractive the option of suicide is.

Please understand that I very much appreciate the opinions and experience that the medical and psychiatric members of this board have shared, but I don't think there's a wrong or right way to commit suicide. Note or no note. Phone calls or no phone calls. If someone has reached the point where they attempt (or threaten to attempt) they will do it in their own personal way. For it is a very personal choice.

Even though I was raised Catholic and knew it was a mortal sin, I could not have cared one iota less when I decided that was my best option. And yes, I made a phone call left on someone's voicemail, not because I wanted someone to find me, but because I wanted someone to look after my dog when I was gone.

Am I glad now my attempt failed (because apparently Ativan and tequilla won't kill someone of such hearty German stock), absolutely. Is my life better now because I got amazing support and medical help? Again, absolutely. Can I sit here and say whether or not George was "really trying"? Absolutely not. Only he knows his intent.

I wouldn't wish that sort of pain and anguish on anyone, regardless of how I feel about them and what they may or may not have done. I hope George finds the help he needs.

Back to lurking now.

They are discussing it on HLN now. They said that George originally didn't show up at a job interview and the meeting at the attorney's office with CA. I didn't know about the job interview. Does anyone know who this is with?

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I totally agree about George not being a victim in the family dynamic. I feel for him that Casey has done what she has done. And I like everyone else am jaded by my own personal life experiences but George is an adult, on his second marriage (ie not 18 and being kicked in the gut by an inability to weigh his adult decisions).

He chose Cindy and she chose him for a reason. They fit each others dysfunction. And if he truly is the more emotionally healthy of the two parents than in my opinion he has more of a duty to intervene YEARS ago in the dysfunction that defines this family. Not facilitate it, not be part of it, not rage about it and accomplish nothing. That is just a temper tantrum.

Everyone here is completely on the why didn't Cindy do something sooner, why didn't she take Caylee, why didn't she shake some sense into Casey when she was younger. What about George? Why didn't George take custody of Casey and Lee? Why didn't he protect them from her if she had no boundaries and was raising them to be liars and much worse? Where was George when virgin-mother-Casey was 7 plus months pregnant, apparantly getting no prenatal care and his wife had her head in the sand?

Where was the man of the family when Cindy said that is the pizza we smell in the trunk? Where was the man of the family that says "no honey, it is not the pizza, something is horribly wrong here. We need help, we need to find Caylee, we need to see that she is okay, and clearly our daughter has gotten herself into something really horrible". Nope, that is not his role in this family. He jumps right into the fray and encourages Cindy, yes honey it is the pizza. Path of least resistance.

My personal opinion is that kids raised in families like this are victims, and the ones that can pull it together need a few years of adulthood to get themselves straightened out. But I am very leary of the man of the family who is seen as a loving soul tortured and tolerating of his wife. BS. Just like a woman who stands by and lets her husband abuse and degrade the kids they are equally if not more responsible for not doing anything. They shouldn't be sainted. Rant over.

IPR, you must have been taking my classes...just kidding you should be teaching them.

CA & GA chose each other. Subconsciously all of us, with dysfunctional backgrounds, pick someone that will help us work out something we failed to resolve in childhood.

It's the dance of dysfunction and it's really hard to understand unless, in some manner, you have lived with it. It's why abused people constantly return to the abuser. It's why people say "Why does he/she put up with that I would be out of there." They don't understand that it's a real illness that keeps both people involved with the other. If the abused gets out of the relationship, without counseling, they turn around and marry another abuser. Once a person realizes that they are just not "A-hole magnets", but they actually have a problem, they can work through it and become whole.

No matter what happened that caused this CA will welcome GA back with open arms and it will just be more of "It's us against the world."

When Conway said they are going to get someone to "watch out closely for Cindy and George" I hope he means it. I hope that someone cares enough to gently counsel them. I don't think they feel like they can trust anyone.

I think it's so sad that those who they thought were "befriending" them and letting them vent, turned around and sent their emails either to Kathy B. or LE. How sad that people care more for 10 minutes of fame then the one's they "sneakily" befriended.

GA needed someone he could trust to talk to and it appears that he had no one.

Now I can just hear KC saying to her dad, "What part of "They need to see ME as a victim" didn't you understand"!!?!

I so agree with this. When a person gets to this point all it's about is "I need this pain to stop, NOW"

You are right, it doesn't make sense to those who haven't ever experienced this kind of pain. It's like being in a deep dark black hole and it feels impossible to crawl out of it and see any light.

I think GA will be okay, he and CA both are fighters. I don't think any of us can blame him for acting human.

I began to realize that we have been on these people for not acting "real" and then when they do we seemed shocked.

I need to step back and realize that one day they may wish they had acted differently, but now it's just too soon for them.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela