George Anthony Reported Missing *UPDATE FOUND*#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to preface this by saying that I do have a large heart and it's full of compassion for people. I do, however, like to look at the whole picture and not just make an opinion based on emotions.

I read in the Orlando Sentinel this morning that empty pill bottles were found in GA's room. We also heard from LE that out of a 12 pack of beer 8 were gone. However, GA was not taken to the hospital in an ambulance but in an unmarked police car. I find it hard to believe that he had taken all the pills from the empty bottles. Did he toss some down the toilet to make "folks" wonder??? Only God knows.

George Anthony is a 57-year-old man. He's not a kid, he's a man. If anything this action will turn the public even more against the "mean, cruel KC who did this to her poor father" That's probably the reason we are reading reports that Cindy is angry. Her own attorney stated that on GVS last night.

What really was going on with GA? He went to a job interview the day of his running from his responsibility. He certainly won't be able to work now. He is going to be seen as "emotionally fragile" Maybe he was depressed and in a dark place. He had a right to be. I still think he chose a poor way to handle it, under the circumstances.

Did GA think that LE was closing in on him for some reason? LE was at the home at week ago. The doc dump was this past week and it came out that the clothes Caylee was found with are not what he said he last saw her wearing. When GA opened that trunk the day of the gas can episode did he find Caylee and help his "princess" in some way?

I am just playing the devils advocate here, and I know I will get a lot of heat for it. That's okay, I can handle it. I simply want to know if this was a real cry for help or a man who was desperate for a way out of being arrested for obstruction.

I don't believe BC when he now says "LE has assured me that CA and GA are not going to be arrested." They hired him immediately after the remains were found. There was a reason. LE won't share the results of their investigation with him. They don't have to.

So I guess I have to ask myself is George Anthony really a despondent grandfather, or have we all just been taken for another ride on the Anthony "crazy train":waitasec:

I feel it was a real cry of a very sad man. He is trying to go through the
motions of a normal life.....interviewing for a job. George wants normal.
Geesh, I would want normal but then again how could I normalize myself while I am fodder for the news shows EVERY night.

Dear George is a man who has no outlet for his anger. A man is taught from very early on you are there to protect and women are there to take care of them in return. I am sure that this family started out this way. He looked forward.....as we all do...to the day when we can retire and enjoy the rest of our lives. As a father, his first reaction was wanting to KILL anyone who did this to Caylee and his family. Unfortunately, he came to the realization that that person was his own child. What a place to be. He couldn't protect Caylee and the women around him did not care for him in return. Now he has to go against his heart and act as if did his job and that he is loved. The one girl that did give him this love is gone. I would want to be in that love again too.

He wanted to stop "the ride" and find peace. I hope one day he does.
He has a lot of work set out for him. I do hope he doesn't go back into that house too soon. It would be reminders again of the emptiness in his life with out the one person who loved him uinconditionally.

ETA: He hasn't had a chance to say goodbye to the baby yet. A funeral means closure for those who are still living and not putting this baby to rest must be complete agony.

*respectfully snipped
So I guess I have to ask myself is George Anthony really a despondent grandfather, or have we all just been taken for another ride on the Anthony "crazy train":waitasec:

No flames from me, cc. This is exactly what kept me from posting yesterday. Tip-toeing in today, I will say that while I am sure that he may be despondent, I just can't be sure of exactly what yesterday's events were all about. For that reason, I guess I will wait to form my opinions and see what the upcoming days will tell. I certainly wish no ill fate to this man, and feel that he needs, as another poster stated, to be with people who have no other agendas and no other intentions than to help him and insure his well-being.

People who commit suicide do not text message people to let them know.

This was a scream for help.

Sounds like you think GA really didn't want to kill himself.

There are media reports saying that he drank a lot of beer and swallowed sleeping pills. Some would say that is a classic way of killing yourself. Almost Hollywood style. George may have thought that that combo is supposed to be a killer. People have actually committed suicide that way, right? What was GA's true intention?

Did he just lie about taking sleeping pills? Did he bring empty pill bottles to make it look like he had tried to kill himself? Did he even go as far as faking the beer drinking? Pour it all down the drain to make it look like you drank it? Did the hospital do any kind of testing to see if he actually drank all that beer and swallowed those sleeping pills? Will we ever know what he ingested?

Wil we ever know if he really had intentions to kill himself? Is it going to come down to his (possible) explanation after he is discharged from the hospital? Will the real answer be locked in the testing of what he had swallowed - but then never reported because of privacy laws?

You don't have to answer these questions, and many of them are probably unanswerable. I guess my point is that it might not be reasonable to say that George had no real intention of killing himself because he sent some text messages.

This has probably been brought up but I haven't been able to read everything. According to the news he left for a job interview Thurs am. I was very puzzled why George is seeking employment at this point in his life? For me, when I start a new job or even the process, it is very stress filled for a long time. With everything in his life, did he need to do this? With a trial looming in the coming months, he couldn't plan on remaining employed could he? I don't know, it just seemed odd to me.

But, it did occur to me that if he wanted to do something kind of menial, low stress, just to have somewhere to go and keep some time, make a couple friends, it would be good for him.

This has probably been brought up but I haven't been able to read everything. According to the news he left for a job interview Thurs am. I was very puzzled why George is seeking employment at this point in his life? For me, when I start a new job or even the process, it is very stress filled for a long time. With everything in his life, did he need to do this? With a trial looming in the coming months, he couldn't plan on remaining employed could he? I don't know, it just seemed odd to me.

But, it did occur to me that if he wanted to do something kind of menial, low stress, just to have somewhere to go and keep some time, make a couple friends, it would be good for him.
Okay I got a chuckle out your post because there is a whole thread on the topic of why the heck aren't they working and supporting themselves. Just goes to show you the opinions are many and varied here at WS :blowkiss:

Head~ He told the police chief he was broke. Good time to get a job, imo. Do we know if he went to the interview?

Do we know what the 4:00pm meeting was about with BC? Since when does BC need to schedule meetings with them? They haven't been leaving the house...so wouldn't it be more likely that BC would just call ahead before showing up if he had something to discuss?

The Daytona Beach LE officer on the team stated on NG in such a forthright way that he had no illusions that GA wasn't serious. This officer compared to OcSD seem to explain GA'ss situation very candidly. I really felt we could trust his accurant account of the situation.

When I first heard this, I thought this is where all the drama comes from!!

Brad Conway, as George Anthony's lawyer, should have seen the signs of mental distress and committed him. If someone is placed in a psychiatric hold for up to 72 hours this can be done voluntarily.

This family has gone to extreme measures to get the attention from the media and its viewers.

That's not to say that I don't feel sorry for this man, his heart has been ripped out. But why must he loose it in such a dramatic way. Knowing how the public is feeding on their pain, is not an intelligent way to handle their grief.

The A's blame the media for pressing them for countless things, but their behavior is so off the charts, that they ask for the daily news to hound them.

Preparing for Caylee's Memorial I am sure is difficult, but the lawyer (cause lord knows Cindy would make me loose it!!), should have realized that the burden was too much for George to bear.

I just hope this isn't a ploy to get the idea of the the State to not consider the Death Penalty for Casey.

IMHO

The Daytona Beach LE officer on the team stated on NG in such a forthright way that he had no illusions that GA wasn't serious. This officer compared to OcSD seem to explain GA'ss situation very candidly. I really felt we could trust his accurant account of the situation.

I feel LE has to err on the side of caution and handle this as a legitimate suicide attempt given what they knew at the time. The question for many still remains whether this was a legit attempt or a distraction from other issues.

jbean, that is funny, I missed that thread. Well, I read they have made some $$$$$$ selling pictures. Figured they shouldn't be too worried about cashflow.....yet.

Sounds like you think GA really didn't want to kill himself.

There are media reports saying that he drank a lot of beer and swallowed sleeping pills. Some would say that is a classic way of killing yourself. Almost Hollywood style. George may have thought that that combo is supposed to be a killer. People have actually committed suicide that way, right? What was GA's true intention?

Did he just lie about taking sleeping pills? Did he bring empty pill bottles to make it look like he had tried to kill himself? Did he even go as far as faking the beer drinking? Pour it all down the drain to make it look like you drank it? Did the hospital do any kind of testing to see if he actually drank all that beer and swallowed those sleeping pills? Will we ever know what he ingested?

Wil we ever know if he really had intentions to kill himself? Is it going to come down to his (possible) explanation after he is discharged from the hospital? Will the real answer be locked in the testing of what he had swallowed - but then never reported because of privacy laws?

You don't have to answer these questions, and many of them are probably unanswerable. I guess my point is that it might not be reasonable to say that George had no real intention of killing himself because he sent some text messages.

If he had downed sleeping pills, or the police even suspected he had, they would have called an ambulance and not transported him themselves.

I bet hundreds of thousands of Americans with problems have pizza, a 6 pack and a couple sleeping tablets a lot of nights of the week without being suicidal.

I also read that this is false. He was going to a job fair. What is the truth?

I've heard a 3rd version too...I think from BC (but not sure)...and that was "he said he was going to a job interview". And perhaps a 4th..."he had an interview but didn't show up for it."

I really don't think there was any interview.

jbean, that is funny, I missed that thread. Well, I read they have made some $$$$$$ selling pictures. Figured they shouldn't be too worried about cashflow.....yet.
LOL! I think that was the upsetting feature of that thread.
You are a good sport thanks for posting.

Hi Carrie, what a horrible thing to have to endure and I am sorry that you had to. Going through an experience like that does change a person's perspective.

For me I think it caused me to slow down in my judgment of others and not jump to conclusions. I think about other peoples feelings and know that even words can be a sharp edged sword. And most of all it taught me humility.

My perceptions on this case are very similar to your own.

I believe that when actions are driven by strong emotion, those actions can not be looked upon logically. Life just doesn't exist in a vacuum.
Thank you for your post :)

Thank you for the kind words SH. The part I bolded really gets to what I was trying to say. I know from experience at a time like that people just don't always act rationally, or do what they would if they were on the outside looking in. . . . I do hope it all ends soon and justice is served, especially for little Caylee. I don't think that justice for her is mutually exclusive of justice for the family (GA and CA) necessarily. I hope not anyway. JMO folks.

snipped

Do we know what the 4:00pm meeting was about with BC? Since when does BC need to schedule meetings with them? They haven't been leaving the house...so wouldn't it be more likely that BC would just call ahead before showing up if he had something to discuss?

I'm also wondering the purpose of that meeting with BC. If we knew the nature of what was to be discussed, we might have more insight into why George decided to absent himself that day. I think that the meeting was over a very hot topic that George just couldn't deal with - something coming down the pike perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico