George Anthony Reported Missing *UPDATE FOUND*#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope GA and CA both are given the help they need. I believe they should have been in counseling a long time ago.I am just afraid the recent actions of GA will taint his testimony for the SA...lets see DRLEE said on NG that the trunk had an odor because their were pieces of meat..no mention of meat in the OCCSI report.. CA has changed her story so many times she has no credibility on the stand..LA really doesn't know enough of the happenings at the time to be of help..Now with George's state of mind he probably won't even be called to the stand..
When will Baez stop the insanity and allow the family to say their final good-by's to Caylee and let her be placed to rest??

Are we even sure he is in there under the Baker Act and not a voluntary patient?

I think that George was seriously considering suicide.

I've got a sister who has gone through depression, along with myself and other family members. She has thought about suicide many times. I am very thankful she is still here, but believe we could lose her.

Every suicide attempt should be taken seriously and I'm glad that George is getting help.

If you get a chance, take a look at the astrology thread. Even if you don't believe it, it is worth reading. There are great posters there who have drawn up some charts about everything going on in this family.

The charts indicate that George is very close to his bottom and near the end of his rope. The next couple of weeks will be extremely difficult for him. If anything else, the astrology thread allows me to understand this family more, and I have much empathy for everything they are dealing with.

I cannot imagine being in thier shoes.

Laney

You are correct, every suicide attempt is taken seriously. It is a myth that people who are seriously thinking about it do not talk about it to others. Some do. Maybe they are crying out for help, maybe they don't really want to die, but feel that they have no choice, or can't live through whatever it is they are depressed about. But there are ones who did give warning signs off and on for a while, and suddenly one day they do it.
George could have been very serious, maybe he was just trying to work through some things first. If he had the pills with him, then there is always the possibility that was his intention. But he cared enough about his family to warn them first, and to get some things off his mind.
My youngest son has been dealing with depression for years, and went through counseling for over a year. He dealt with suicidal thoughts off an on during that time as well. We did not know for some time, but once we did, we got him the help he needed. He still has bouts of depression, but as far as we know, he is no longer thinking of killing himself. However, one of the things the doctors told us is to take it seriously, and DO NOT think for one minute that he won't do it... because he could.
Saying that George really didn't intend to kill himself or he would have is ridiculous, IMO. It is not as easy as one thinks it is to really go through with it, it is one of the hardest things you can imagine. I know... I wanted to kill myself a few times years ago.... and didn't have the guts to really do it.

Are we even sure he is in there under the Baker Act and not a voluntary patient?

Yes, he was Baker Acted.

quoted from article:

Police said he had not harmed himself, but he was Baker-Acted and taken to Halifax Medical Center in Daytona Beach. He was undergoing psychiatric evaluation. The Florida Baker Act is a voluntary or involuntary means of detention for mental health evaluation and treatment. Individuals are held not more than 72 hours.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28808451/

Yes, he was Baker Acted.

quoted from article:

Police said he had not harmed himself, but he was Baker-Acted and taken to Halifax Medical Center in Daytona Beach. He was undergoing psychiatric evaluation. The Florida Baker Act is a voluntary or involuntary means of detention for mental health evaluation and treatment. Individuals are held not more than 72 hours.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28808451/

Thank you for that! It seems he may get out late today then, assuming he is not at risk of harming himself? I sure hope he doesn't jump back on the circus train.

George's parents live in Ft. Myers, about 3 1/2 hours south of Orlando. However, I haven't heard how they are all getting along since the finding of Caylee. As far as being Baker Acted here in Florida, I was. I voluntarily went to the ER and said do something before I do, they Baker Acted me. They told me I could be visited if I wanted but if I wanted a break from everyone, they would take care of telling my family that I could not have visitors. That way it took the burden off of me telling them I didn't want to see anyone. You must have followup care scheduled prior to release at the 72 hour mark before they will release you. IMHO George just needs a BIG BREAK from this whole situation. Time Off!!!!!!!

Perhaps this was a blessing in disguise given the stress of Casey's pending criminal and civil trials.

Thank you for that! It seems he may get out late today then, assuming he is not at risk of harming himself? I sure hope he doesn't jump back on the circus train.

If he's still a threat to himself or others or the Dr's are not reasonably certain that he won't harm himself again they can petition the court to involuntarily commit him to a psych facility.

The Baker Act (and other laws like it) are designed as an emergency measure. In Michigan, a patient can be held for 72 hours just based on someone filling out the petition paperwork. To be held any longer than 72 hours, it has to go before the court and ordered by a judge.

In some cases, the family can go straight past the 72 hour hold and go straight to petitioning the court to an involuntary committal until such a time that they are not a danger to themselves or others. We do these pick ups all the time. The paperwork has to be in order and it is usually served by the PD and we transport to the facility. They are very picky with the paperwork (no staple holes, no pencil, no extraneous marks) because, in essence, you are taking someone's civil rights away.

Even patients that go "voluntarily" are usually petitioned so they can't change their mind later and just walk out.

Hope this sheds a little light.

ETA: If you want to see the form, click on the link below.

http://forms.lp.findlaw.com/form/courtforms/state/mi/mi000643.pdf

True, true! I didn't think of that. But again, maybe that was why he didn't want "chain restaurant" pizza. Wasn't the pizza in the trunk from Pizza Hut or Dominos? (I don't remember).

I can't recall where the pizza was from but I do recall that someone on either SM or DD board had a pizza delivered to them - its not like G doesn't know that it's a source of contention... :crazy: All I can say is had I been the one asked I'm pretty sure that my chin would have hit the floor hard and fast. Luckily the gal didn't recognize him - which is hard to imagine...:crosseyed:

If he's still a threat to himself or others or the Dr's are not reasonably certain that he won't harm himself again they can petition the court to involuntarily commit him to a psych facility.

The Baker Act (and other laws like it) are designed as an emergency measure. In Michigan, a patient can be held for 72 hours just based on someone filling out the petition paperwork. To be held any longer than 72 hours, it has to go before the court and ordered by a judge.

In some cases, the family can go straight past the 72 hour hold and go straight to petitioning the court to an involuntary committal until such a time that they are not a danger to themselves or others. We do these pick ups all the time. The paperwork has to be in order and it is usually served by the PD and we transport to the facility. They are very picky with the paperwork (no staple holes, no pencil, no extraneous marks) because, in essence, you are taking someone's civil rights away.

Even patients that go "voluntarily" are usually petitioned so they can't change their mind later and just walk out.

Hope this sheds a little light.

Thank you for taking the time to share that. I much appreciate it.

George's parents live in Ft. Myers, about 3 1/2 hours south of Orlando. However, I haven't heard how they are all getting along since the finding of Caylee. As far as being Baker Acted here in Florida, I was. I voluntarily went to the ER and said do something before I do, they Baker Acted me. They told me I could be visited if I wanted but if I wanted a break from everyone, they would take care of telling my family that I could not have visitors. That way it took the burden off of me telling them I didn't want to see anyone. You must have followup care scheduled prior to release at the 72 hour mark before they will release you. IMHO George just needs a BIG BREAK from this whole situation. Time Off!!!!!!!

Thank you for sharing your experience and good for you for getting the help you needed.

I was hoping that was the case re follow-up care.

Something that seems curious to me. The motel was an older motel, not a "suites"/multiple rooms kind of motel, so looks like a bedroom and that's it. One of the media reports said that at the motel, LE said the bed didn't appear to be mussed, which I take to mean not messy/slept in. GA had more than a 6-pack of beer cans empty, and had taken some sleeping pills. We all know George is a neatnik, but more than 6 beer, some pizza, some sleeping pills, and the bed doesn't seem mussed? He is apparently more of a neatnik than I thought.

The hotel room had a small table with two chairs. He probably was sitting on that while he drank his beer.

the owner of motel said that there was evidence in the bathroom that GA had gotten sick. He could have gotten sick on his own (changeing his mind after taking all the meds) or his body could have done it on its own.

once in high school, 30 years ago a friend and I got into some of her dads darvons or darvacets before school, during school somehow I made it to the bathroom and what was left came up itself. Almost died, if my body would have not gotten rid of what was left who knows what would have happened. As it was I slept for three days. All being STUPID kids looking for a buzz.

the owner of motel said that there was evidence in the bathroom that GA had gotten sick. He could have gotten sick on his own (changeing his mind after taking all the meds) or his body could have done it on its own.

once in high school, 30 years ago a friend and I got into some of her dads darvons or darvacets before school, during school somehow I made it to the bathroom and what was left came up itself. Almost died, if my body would have not gotten rid of what was left who knows what would have happened. As it was I slept for three days. All being STUPID kids looking for a buzz.

I'm not surprised if he got sick...how in the world could the man eat pizza after all this? Unless he is a heavy drinker, the 8 beers may have done it to him, plus, he may have had drinks before he even got there. If the police suspected he had od'ed at all, they would have had an ambulance there. And if he'd vomited, I know it sounds gross, but they would have been able to smell it.

And, I think he went to a psychiatric hospital, not to an emergency room or anything of that nature.

the owner of motel said that there was evidence in the bathroom that GA had gotten sick. He could have gotten sick on his own (changeing his mind after taking all the meds) or his body could have do Bne it on its own.

LOL. A friend of mine had a similar experience, way back when I was a teen...thought taking my dad's gout pills might get her high for the school dance. Easy to laugh at now. Prescription drugs can be quite dangerous...they kill many people every year.

And, I think he went to a psychiatric hospital, not to an emergency room or anything of that nature.

In order to be admitted to a psychiatric hospital you need to be cleared medically first, which means a trip to the ER. Specific psychiatric hospitals are not normally equipped to handle medical conditions, so incoming patients are first cleared of having pyschial medical conditions. So even if LE thought GA was perfectly fine, he would still go to ER and have tests and things done before getting admitted to a psych ward.

The very first information that we had here came from "Friday" via Tim Miller. There is no good reason to think they wouldn't give it "straight up" to each other and then to Websleuths. Nonetheless, the info that Friday gave to us as breaking news was that George required resuscitation. Additionally, it was said by Friday that George sent text messages to two loved ones and neither of those two people was Cindy. That was a double bombshell.

Since then, it has been reported that George required no initial medical attention and that he had text messaged Cindy. Why was there false information in the first place? My guess is that the person who had initially talked to Tim Miller did not actually know the facts. It's not Tim's or Friday's fault that this happened in the first few hours.

My sceptical self wonders whether this was just a spin put on George texting Cindy, to save face. It could be a lie. I no longer trust any information put out there by the A's spokespeople. I'm very much inclined to believe that the initial report (I read it in real time on WS) about the texting was accurate, that he did not text Cindy at all and that the people whom he actually texted informed Cindy. Who in that family or surrounding that family would admit that he texted anyone but Cindy?

My sceptical self wonders whether this was just a spin put on George texting Cindy, to save face. It could be a lie. I no longer trust any information put out there by the A's spokespeople. I'm very much inclined to believe that the initial report (I read it in real time on WS) about the texting was accurate, that he did not text Cindy at all and that the people whom he actually texted informed Cindy. Who in that family or surrounding that family would admit that he texted anyone but Cindy?

I wouldn't put it past the As to lie to make it sound better...I think they may also be doing it about saying he went there for a job.

But we know the recuscitation part of the info was inaccurate, so it's hard to be certain the text message part was accurate. Plus, it was Cindy & BC that called 911, and I would think if others were getting text messages threatening suicide that they would have called themselves??

I would think that if he didn't text or call CA, it was probably Lee and Dennis M. that he "reached out to". They probably didn't have any idea where he was and called CA thinking that she probably did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234