George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow----Apparently Trayvon profiled Zimmerman according to Martins girlfriend, called him "A Creepy *advertiser censored* Cracker."

If that were the case, I could turn around on any street and ask the person behind me why they're following me. If they stammer and reach into their pocket, I can beat them down.

There has to be an imminent threat of unlawful force. Saying nothing and reaching into your pocket is a complete stretch to that end.

To take your example, and assuming that Martin did assume it was a gun, and proceeded to kill him (since deadly force would surely be lawful since there was suspicion of a gun). But let's imagine no gun was found. What then?

There has to be a credible basis for the self-defense claim to stand on. "He was watching me", and "He reached towards his pocket" don't do it for me.

IMO

My ex was a cop. Cops use taser guns for this exact reason. Someone reaches for something, they have no idea what it is. GZ was acting suspiciously to TM that night.

My question to you is why couldn't GZ explain to TM the same thing he explained to NEN? He could have simply said "hey I don't know you, we have had recent burglaries". You do realize that if GZ would have explained himself this whole situation may have been avoided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes - if it is relevant to hear GZ calling 911 - to determine his "state of mind"...why is it not relevant for the jury to hear of TM's "issues" which I will not list here for the sake of brevity (imo)

Would you be saying this if it was a rape case? That the victims past behavior matters but the rapists past doesn't?

Beejeesus! Torture! I feel sorry for this poor gal that no one can understand her.

Part of the problem is these lawyers do not ask CLEAR, CUT questions!!!

Wow, quite a time I picked to pop into this thread. Looks like things won't be getting less contentious any time soon. =D

I don't understand why the judge has attitude toward the defense, they can't understand just like everyone else.

Oh my gosh. This is torture. She probably has some good information, but I can't understand half of what she is saying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member