George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
More absence of any kind of evidence of GZ being an aggressive racist/wannabe cop/vigilante. Still waiting for it...

Hi Everyone,

If you are going to use a newspaper article to bolster you opinion please make sure you have a link to that article.

It is extremely important that we are able to source the things we say unless we are expressing an opinion only. If this is the case please post, "IMO" or, "In My Opinion." That's all we need.

Thank you,
Tricia

This is true; however, it would always be documented that the person refused medical care. Especially if it were serious, like a bone protruding.
That tells me that the extent of George's injuries were made up and not that serious.

Who made them up? Were the photos doctored? And how much more of a beating should he have taken before defending himself?tia

Thank you for being honest. It seriously helps these sorts of discussions.

What you have just done is applied "fear for your life" as a reasonable individual.

Your statement (not trying to get personal with this; several others have made this claim) was:

On the other hand, so George's actions that caused Trayvon to fear for his life and allegedly punch him to get away from a creepy guy following him with unknown intentions have no bearing???​

If you do not feel Martin was justified in killing Zimmerman, how does that reconcile with him allegedly being in peril of death?

Going off of that, if he was not in fear to the extent that deadly force is admissible, he has a duty to retreat under Florida law.

These are the facts as we know them.

Certainly, this changes if Zimmerman tried to "apprehend" Martin, or if Zimmerman elicited some sort of physical threat that prevented Martin from retreating. However, there is not any evidence that this occurred. In this scenario, Martin would have had the duty to retreat before using self-defense. Which we know he had plenty of time to do - over 2 minutes according to the 911 call.

This is the reason I'm watching this trial. I have a pretty good idea of the evidence in the case, but no clue how the law applies.

When hubby gets up from his nap, I'll get him to take his cell outside. We'll figure this one out. And yes, it's raining. :)

If you have a third person, the best way to do the experiment would be to have them listen to him outside and report what they hear since they won't know they are listening for grass sounds. Moo :)

I have no hope of trying this since I have only seen rain once in two months.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

My 24, 23, 21, 16 and 13 year olds did not learn cursive in school, they were taught by me, using the same templates I used in 3rd grade :D

Sent from my LG Spirit using Tapatalk 2

We would get a ruler across the hand if we didn't learn or read cursive. Nuns. My son learned it but when he got into high school stopped using it. He got away with that through high school and college.

Glad we got an answer for where the photo came from that showed his nose so bad. I know it was asked yesterday who took that photo and I didn't remember seeing an answer. So the police officer on scene took that photo with his cell phone. I think that would squash the talk from yesterday about it being photo shopped. IMO

If I had just killed a kid and was claiming the kid attacked me and injured me, and that I feared for my life/serious bodily injury he was beating me so badly, I'd get the most complete medical documentation available.

He went to work the next day? Call me crazy, but if I killed someone last night, I'd be out of my mind, completely incapacitated, today. IMO.

They now have a resident of the town homes on the witness stand. The incident was just outside her back door which was open. She has made mention of hearing sounds on the sidewalk & also sounds on the grass. Sooo,Rachel was not the only one to hear grass sounds. I'm thinking the sounds were "squishey" since the grass was wet.

I'm thinking the state has coached its "ear witnesses" to use similar descriptions. JMO, OMO, MOO.

To me, the whole case hinges on one fact. The police told GZ to stop following TM. He disobeyed. After that, everything that followed was his fault. I don't care what anyone else says about self-defense. He put himself in that position, HE was on the offensive. JMO.

I'm not sure "squishey" is a word but it's the best I could come up with.;)

It's as much a word as swishy is! Which I refer to when hearing the sounds of wet grass. :floorlaugh:

You are required to use a proportional amount of force. Getting punched does not equate to a threat on your life. Getting your head repeatedly slammed into the sidewalk might.

You can keep repeating that his was getting slammed on the sidewalk so he shot him, however that doesn't make it true. His body wasn't that close to the sidewalk, and in the walkthrough GZ says something to the effect of it being the corner of sidewalk so I'm not sure yet about the truth of that statement.

My question to you is, what if it was mutual combat? Both made bad decisions, so I submit that neither one was going to back down. Kinda like....
GZ: These punks always get away.....
TM: How dare this creepy cracker judge me.....
TM: Why are you following me.....
GZ: What are you doing around here.....

You see GZ wasn't going to acquiesce to TM, he was in his neighborhood, he doesn't have to explain himself, TM has to explain himself.

Then a fight ensues. My problem is, just because you are losing doesn't now mean you can shoot.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

The point again, this murder could have been avoided. George should never have been given a gun.

Every law abiding citizen in this country who can pass the background check and registration requirements of his/her state or municipality has the absolute right to have a gun.

To me, the whole case hinges on one fact. The police told GZ to stop following TM. He disobeyed. After that, everything that followed was his fault. I don't care what anyone else says about self-defense. He put himself in that position, HE was on the offensive. JMO.

Dispatchers are not police officers. The "police" didn't tell GZ any such thing.

I think GZ couldn't live with the fact he was beat up by a teen. He wanted to be the hero like the stucco guys.

In your opinion. Since you don't know GZ, you have no basis for making such a claim other than an opinion based on speculation based on not knowing the person you're opining about.

The 9-11 operator testified under oath that they do not give instructions or orders. GZ was not told to do anything by LE.

Every law abiding citizen in this country who can pass the background check and registration requirements of his/her state or municipality has the absolute right to have a gun.

Agree...but if they use the gun irresponsibly or recklessly, they will be held accountable.

He went to work the next day? Call me crazy, but if I killed someone last night, I'd be out of my mind, completely incapacitated, today. IMO.

You know, I don't know if I could handle it. At all. Ever again. I would be devastated beyond devastated. I would feel so responsible and guilty and sorry and hate myself. I don't think I'd like to be friends with GZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nhommesss