Germanwings Airbus crash 24 March #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing the picture of the baby and Mother...I can't deal with it.

I haven't been able to get much work done today and keep having to go to the loo to cry.

This is so upsetting.

It is very upsetting. All we can do is take a break, catch our breath when we need to.

IMO, if he wanted it to look like an accident, then it was done out of illness or very personal reasons, not to revenge the company

To murder all of those innocent people... hard to deal with that

It seems that while there is a key code that can get someone into the cockpit, that code can still be locked so nobody can get in, which they think is what happened here. I think this procedure needs to be looked at again and the pilot, since he/she generally has the most air time, needs to have a secondary code that can get him in, overriding any lock-out procedure.

I agree the procedure needs to be looked at again and someone else may need to have an override..

Just Theorizing....because my brain is in how to come up with a solution mode right now...

But who? and is just 1 person having the override enough..

In this tragedy it was the co-pilot that locked out the Pilot but it could have been the opposite..the Pilot that locked out the co-pilot...or both locking out the Cabin Crew.

Someone else other than the Pilot MAY still have to have an override...another senior crew member or remotely done if possible

IMO, if he wanted it to look like an accident, then it was done out of illness or very personal reasons, not to revenge the company

To murder all of those innocent people... hard to deal with that

He had to have known he'd be found out in the end, he could not alter the cockpit recorder.

Sociopaths seldom think about anyone but themselves.

Germanwings is holding a press conference right now they are talking about the DLR test to analyse pilots mental state. Both pilots did the test. The co-pilot worked as a flight attendant before becoming a pilot. Airline is shocked by this development given their rigorous selection process. They do not know what motivated the co-pilot to do this. This is the worst event in the airlines history.

co-pilot worked as a flight attendant before becoming a pilot. interesting I wonder if it was for the main line- then gets his training for pilot and ends up making less at Germanair just pondering def think this is revenge againist "managment"

Lubitz’ recently deleted Facebook page appeared to show a smiling man in a dark brown jacket posing in front of the Golden Gate Bridge in California. The page was wiped sometime in the past two days.

http://wtop.com/europe/2015/03/official-1-pilot-locked-out-of-crash-plane-cockpit/

New article giving information about the co-pilot.

A rising star fitness fanatic who killed 150 people: Germanwings pilot Andreas Lubitz was praised for 'exceptional' flying skills and showed no signs of psychological stress

Andreas Lubitz always dreamed of becoming an Airline passenger pilot
He qualified from the Lufthansa training school in September 2013
Friends said Lubitz was really pleased he was working for Germanwings
Prosecutors confirmed Lubitz intentionally crashed the jet killing everyone

"The co-pilot today accused of deliberately crashing his Airbus A320 into the Alps killing everyone aboard was a rising star of Germanwings, it has emerged.

Andreas Guenter Lubitz graduated from the Lufthansa training academy and had 630 hours' experience as a pilot.

The 28-year-old pilot, from Montabaur, Rheinland Pfalz in Germany, was at the controls as the jet descended from 38,000 feet into the side of the mountain, while his senior colleague Patrick Sonderheimer desperately tried to re-enter the cockpit."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-skills-rising-star-fleet.html#ixzz3VVFWZd00

Seeing the picture of the baby and Mother...I can't deal with it.

I haven't been able to get much work done today and keep having to go to the loo to cry.

This is so upsetting.

Sounds like you need to take the day off and go home to grieve (or maybe visit a church as well to say some prayers). No good being at work when one is emotionally distraught.

I've spent hours trying to work out how this could have been an accident. But from all the technical details I've read and been able to understand, there is no way the co-pilot could have locked the door and set that course accidentally.

This is such a sad, shocking day. I can't believe he could do that - did he see all those schoolkids get on the plane? :(

I'm flying across France from Germany at the weekend. I'm going to do it with the faith and confidence there are many, many more good people than bad. In every country.

co-pilot worked as a flight attendant before becoming a pilot. interesting I wonder if it was for the main line- then gets his training for pilot and ends up making less at Germanair just pondering def think this is revenge againist "managment"

I don't think so. I heard discussion yesterday about Lufthansa and Germanwing. The Germanwings pilots are Luftansa pilots, make the same salary.

I've spent hours trying to work out how this could have been an accident. But from all the technical details I've read and been able to understand, there is no way the co-pilot could have locked the door and set that course accidentally.

This is such a sad, shocking day. I can't believe he could do that - did he see all those schoolkids get on the plane? :(

I'm flying across France from Germany at the weekend. I'm going to do it with the faith and confidence there are many, many more good people than bad. In every country.

JMO,BBM--And these words are something we all should remember. Thank you for your important and reassuring reminder.

Most pilots aren't standing there watching passengers board the plane. Most of the time, from what I've noticed, the pilots are in the cockpit going through their lists of various checks to prepare for the flight. I always take a peek as I board, just out of curiosity. I can't remember one time either pilot or copilot was out greeting passengers during boarding. Occasionally after landing one will, but that's just occasionally.

Someone who would not only contemplate flying a plane into the ground or mountainside but actually do it, is not someone who would ever think about the people he or she is taking down. They're only thinking of themselves and their need and their desire. Other people are just collateral damage, of no import. We can't wrap our heads around this because we're not cray-cray like them.

A stupid question: they say he put the plane in to descent mode but how do they know this without the other black box? And how is it done anyway? Sorry if it's been explained before, hard to keep up.

On April 7, 1994, Federal Express Flight 705, a McDonnell Douglas DC-10-30 cargo jet carrying electronics across the United States from Memphis, Tennessee to San Jose, California, experienced an attempted hijacking for the purpose of a suicide attack.
Auburn Calloway, a Federal Express employee facing possible dismissal for lying about his reported flight hours, boarded the scheduled flight as a deadheading passenger with a guitar case carrying several hammers and a speargun. He intended to disable the aircraft's cockpit voice recorder before take-off and, once airborne, kill the crew with hammers so their injuries would appear consistent with an accident rather than a hijacking. The speargun would be a last resort. He would then crash the aircraft while just appearing to be an employee killed in an accident.

This would make his family eligible for a $2.5 million life insurance policy paid by Federal Express.[SUP][1][/SUP]

Calloway's plan was unsuccessful. Despite severe injuries, the crew was able to fight back, subdue Calloway and land the aircraft safely. An attempt at a mental health defense was unsuccessful and Calloway was subsequently convicted of multiple charges including attempted murder, attempted air piracy and interference with flight crew operations. He received two consecutive life sentences

. As part of his plan to disguise the intended attack as an accident, Calloway attempted to disable the cockpit voice recorder (CVR) by tripping its circuit breaker. During standard pre-flight checks, Peterson noticed the tripped breaker and reset it before take-off so the CVR was reactivated

About twenty minutes after takeoff, as the flight crew carried on a casual conversation, Calloway entered the flight deck and commenced his attack. Every member of the crew took multiple hammer blows which fractured both Peterson's and Tucker's skulls, severing Peterson's temporal artery.[SUP][2][/SUP]

. A lengthy struggle ensued with the flight engineer and captain as Tucker, also an ex-Navy pilot, performed extreme aerial maneuvers with the aircraft.

The flight crew eventually succeeded in restraining Calloway, though only after moments of inverted and near-transonic flight beyond the designed capabilities of a DC-10. Sanders took control and Tucker, who had by then lost use of the right side of his body, went back to assist Peterson in restraining Calloway.

Heavily loaded with fuel and cargo, the plane was approaching too fast and too high to land on the scheduled runway 9. Sanders requested by radio to land on the longer runway 36. Ignoring warning messages from the onboard computer and using a series of sharp turns that tested the DC-10's safety limits, Sanders landed the jet safely on the runway at well over its maximum designed landing weight. By that time, Calloway was once again restrained. Emergency personnel gained access to the plane via escape slide and ladder. Inside, they found the cockpit interior covered in blood.[SUP][4][/SUP]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Express_Flight_705

He worked as a flight attendant for Lufthansa according to this article.

"According to records held by the FAA, Lubitz was issued his student pilot's licence on June, 6, 2010 and received is private pilot's licence on January 6, 2012.

He then was upgraded to the commercial pilot's register in September 2013. U.S. authorities require all captains and co-pilots who fly to the United States to have passed several competency exams, including the ability to speak English.

He joined Germanwings in September 2013 after gaining his commercial pilots licence. He trained with the Lufthasna Flight Training School in Bremen and in Phoenix Arizona.

While training as a pilot, Lubitz worked as cabin crew with Lufthansa."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-skills-rising-star-fleet.html#ixzz3VVI1hnzI

A stupid question: they say he put the plane in to descent mode but how do they know this without the other black box? And how is it done anyway? Sorry if it's been explained before, hard to keep up.

JMO-I believe they used data from open source radar tracking services.

Most pilots aren't standing there watching passengers board the plane. Most of the time, from what I've noticed, the pilots are in the cockpit going through their lists of various checks to prepare for the flight. I always take a peek as I board, just out of curiosity. I can't remember one time either pilot or copilot was out greeting passengers during boarding. Occasionally after landing one will, but that's just occasionally.

Someone who would not only contemplate flying a plane into the ground or mountainside but actually do it, is not someone who would ever think about the people he or she is taking down. They're only thinking of themselves and their need and their desire. Other people are just collateral damage, of no import. We can't wrap our heads around this because we're not cray-cray like them.

On my return flight sunday the captain came out and greeted passengers and spoke personally to them shaking hands.I fly frequently and see the pilots on boarding and deboarding the plane.

:welcome6:

Air Traffic Control would know of any change in altitude. It's my understanding it's a couple of movements required to change to descent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pennypiper