Greece - Caroline Crouch, 20, Murdered, Athens, 11 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alyce

Reaction score
A British woman has been tortured and murdered in front of her 11-month-old daughter during a horror home invasion in Greece.

Caroline Crouch, 20, was strangled at the home she shared with 33-year-old husband Charalambos 'Babis' Anagnostopoulos in the Glyka Nera suburb of Athens early Tuesday.

Police say three men - some of whom were armed with pistols - broke into the family home around 5am while a fourth stood guard outside.

British woman, 20, strangled to death in front of her 11-month-old daughter in Greece | Daily Mail Online
———
Facebook:
Caroline Crouch
———

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what the parole set up is in Greece though.
In the UK, someone might get a 25 year sentence, but be eligible for parole at some point and be released a lot sooner, whereas in Greece perhaps the whole sentence has to be served. I need to google this.

If we can assume that the person who killed Caroline was the same person who killed the dog, then in my opinion that person is a very disturbed/evil human being. And therefore Caroline's death was probably completely intentional and planned.

If we can assume that the person who killed Caroline was the same person who killed the dog, then in my opinion that person is a very disturbed/evil human being. And therefore Caroline's death was probably completely intentional and planned.

I can't assume whether C's murder was intentional or planned, but I do agree that whoever killed the dog was emotionally charged and had/has a cruel streak.

There are multiple red flags that stand out in this article: Why is the psychologist (Eleni Mylonopoulou) even discussing C and B's cases, isn't there something called client confidentiality? The fact that C had no girlfriends where she lived so her whole life revolved around her little family comes across as depressing. This is very strange, since the norm is for new mothers to connect with others in the same stage of parenting. Even in Covid times, friendships are forged. For example, people often take their babies out in strollers to the local park and friendships organically develop as they cross paths repeatedly. C never came alone to the psych appointments, Babis always came with her. EM notes that C showed signs of anxiety, but they were in love, they never hid anything. If EM never had a private session with C, how would she know what she was anxious about?

Last edited:
There are multiple red flags that stand out in this article: Why is the psychologist (Eleni Mylonopoulou) even discussing C and B's cases, isn't there something called client confidentiality? The fact that C had no girlfriends where she lived so her whole life revolved around her little family comes across as depressing. This is very strange, since the norm is for new mothers to connect with others in the same stage of parenting. Even in Covid times, friendships are forged. For example, people often take their babies out in strollers to the local park and friendships organically develop as they cross paths repeatedly. C never came alone to the psych appointments, Babis always came with her. EM notes that C showed signs of anxiety, but they were in love, they never hid anything. If EM never had a private session with C, how would she know what she was anxious about?
I agree with everything you said. I even read this therapist has not a degree in psychology but some certificates. If I were her I would never ever talk to the press. It doesn't seem professional to me.

As I've said previously, it seemed odd to me that B was so quick to dismiss the psychologist's testimony as being relevant to the robbery, when you would think he would welcome any information that might help solve the case. Unless he was concerned about what the psychologist might say, but based on this interview, she only has wonderful things to say about the couple. JIMO

Also, unless they were having couples counselling (which I got the impression they weren't - i.e. CC for PND, B for something else) I think it would be unusual for them to have therapy sessions together. But maybe not.

Last edited:
Subscribing with a possible re-post..
New clue in hunt for Brit mother's killer | Daily Mail Online
29 May 2021
''New footage has emerged of a suspicious car and motorbike fleeing the scene after a British mother was tortured and murdered in front of her 11-month-old daughter during a horror home invasion in Greece.

The CCTV footage shows the two vehicles passing near the home where Caroline Crouch, 20, was killed in the Glyka Nera suburb of Athens on May 11.

During the clip, which was captured from a house close to the scene of the crime, the dark-coloured car drives along the road at 5.07am shortly followed by a motorbike just four minutes later.

The latest footage, which was released by the Greek TV investigative programme Light In The Tunnel, is now under investigation by police and could provide more information into the home invasion.''

''A neighbour told the show: 'I could hear a motorbike the days before the incident which was standing for a few seconds at the corner of Parodos with Panagouli Street. He would circle around the block, return and then leave.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper