Groundhog Day Storm May Affect More than 100 Million People

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Dark Knight Weather Forecast:

WE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!! :panic:

southern IL . . . Monday Night: Rain likely before midnight, then freezing rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Northeast wind between 6 and 9 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible.

Tuesday: Rain or freezing rain, becoming all rain after noon. The freezing rain could be heavy at times. High near 36. Northeast wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

Tuesday Night: Rain, possibly mixed with freezing rain before midnight, then snow, possibly mixed with sleet. Low around 22. Breezy, with a north northwest wind between 15 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

Wednesday: Areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow. Cloudy and breezy, with a high near 26. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 4.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.

I usually don't mind winter but this year I am soooo done with it.

I'm in Colorado, and work in a grocery store, although our forecast does not look bad, just COLD!!!!, Evryone and their brothers bought out our store today, like they were gonna be stuck inside for years, lol. I guess it is good to be prepared :rocker: Our sales were higher today, than the day before Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!

Oh no...this is not good...my dh has cancer and has a dr's apt across the state Wednesday ......:truce::truce::truce:

well, now they are saying they have NO clue what we can expect. We are right on that divider line, literally, where the cold and warm masses will meet across the country's midsection. Could be rain the sleet then snow then rain, could be ice storm, followed by drenching rains. Sounds like they got no friggin clue.

Payday is tomorrow, thinking it might be a good idea stock up on the ice melt, lay in some groceries (the cupboards are approaching bare) and gas up the old car. sigh, just how I wanted to spend my lunch hour.

ETA this just in, possibility of 3/4 inch of ice followed by up to 12inches of snow.

I agree with the poster who said they were over winter. I am over this carp!

Oh no...this is not good...my dh has cancer and has a dr's apt across the state Wednesday ......:truce::truce::truce:

I will be praying for your dad and his trip, in Jesus' Name, amen! :blowkiss:

Accuweather wasn't kidding when they said how many people would be affected by this storm, I am shocked at the number of states affected and the variety of weather expected.

I will be praying for your dad and his trip, in Jesus' Name, amen! :blowkiss:

Accuweather wasn't kidding when they said how many people would be affected by this storm, I am shocked at the number of states affected and the variety of weather expected.

It's my hubby..but thanks! If I'm driving I'll need all the prayers I can get:crazy:

Thundersnow is wicked cool. The snow pours down just like a thunderstorm, thick as anything. But you only get it in really strong storms. We had it here a few years ago, the last time we had a heavy-snow winter.
Thundersnow!? Seriously? How cool. My heart goes out to anyone stranded on a highway or out in the open while it's happening. It must be amazing to watch, though, through the insulated windows of a well-heated dwelling.

Stay safe everyone. We'll have temps around 70 during the day tomorrow and Tuesday until the front moves in. Then it might even dip down to 30 for a night or two!!! :peace:

It's my hubby..but thanks! If I'm driving I'll need all the prayers I can get:crazy:
You've got mine. We must've been typing at the same time. I didn't mean to make light of the situation on the heels of your post.

I'm sorry.

You've got mine. We must've been typing at the same time. I didn't mean to make light of the situation on the heels of your post.

I'm sorry.

No problem! Didn't think a thing about it! Stay safe~

Not having had much experience with snow storms, much less thundersnow (never heard of it before), I sure feel sorry for you all who will be affected by this terrible weather. I would appreciate getting just a little, teeny bit of your excess snow . . .

In really bad weather like this, do y'all lose your internet connections?

Sooner Fan, prayers for your and your husband to have a safe and fruitful trip.

{whispering that we went to the beach twice this week to enjoy our 75 degree days....I don't care about the politicians here, I looooooove where I live in the winter}

Me too! I used to live off of Crown Valley Parkway, but am now in sunny San Diego. What a gorgeous day it was today.

My heart goes out to those in the storm areas. Stock up on plenty of food, and plan to hunker down for days. I spent a winter in the mountains and it wasn't pleasant. I just stayed inside and got fat :(

Hugs to all of you.

Mel

The Dark Knight Weather Forecast:

WE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!! :panic:

Oh DN - you're so optimistic ;) Hope you have plenty of supplies, and your internet access doesn't go down (mind did in the winter snow -- had to get the teen out there to clean the dish). I hear they have ones that are heated to melt the snow.

Stay safe my friend, and keep us posted.

Mel

Prayers going out to you and hubby. My bro lives in Alaska and goes through this all the time. It can be done, and he's yet to crash. Just keep telling yourself "you can do it".

Big hugs,

Mel

I expect to lose internet for a day, which means that on top of all of today's homework, I might as well go ahead and do the rest of it for the week. YAY! Nothing like pressure. We are forecast for 8-12 inches here, with a warning that "Locally increased snowfalls are not unlikely". In other words, it's gonna snow, a lot, that's all they know.

ETA: On the recheck, that would 10-15 inches of snow for here. I might as well resign myself to the fact that I'm losing internet and power.

My poor husband is a truck driver in all this! Not only that, but he drives a tanker! Which means he goes to stop and it's all good for a second, until BOOM! the load catches up and slams him forward a little more.

But at least if they have to shut down roads or anything, he'll have heat! I'm terrified we'll lose power. I might spend the night in the car if that happens. We're in Illinois.

I live in the Niagara region here in Canada.It's headed here.I am one of the few here that still gets all excited when a winter storm approaches.Luckily my husband is off this week so he won't be out in it all day.I plan on making snow cream too.

soonerfan..... you may want to reschedule your dh's appointment! I hate to think of you driving in this carp!!!!!! oh my!!!!!

they just upped the metro D snowfall totals... now we are supposed to get 12-15"

(((((nurse is SICK of school snow days too!!! ugggggggh!!!!!)))))

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back