Groundhog Day Storm May Affect More than 100 Million People

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Stormzilla is arriving as I type. Sigh. Hail. They called it ice pellets on the news, but this ain't ice pellets, this is all out frozen hail chunks. I am so not looking forward to this. At all.

It is starting to hit here where I am right now, the snow is socking in, and by the looks of it it is staying for awhile...........
Not looking forward to the freezing temps to follow :(

It hit hard with hail lastnight in Aransas Pass, TX, friend called and said the roofers in the area were excited ..... pfffttt

Stormzilla is arriving as I type. Sigh. Hail. They called it ice pellets on the news, but this ain't ice pellets, this is all out frozen hail chunks. I am so not looking forward to this. At all.

Stormzilla, LOL!!!! I was going to go with the already coined Snowmageddon, but I like yours better, hehe.

It was sunny all day today here, you wouldn't know Stormzilla was approaching. I am ready to hunker down as beat we can, I guess, and ride the storm out. (The song from REO Speedwagon just popped into my head, lol.)

Our latest storm totals are STILL predicted at over 2 feet. :maddening:

I hope everyone makes it through the storm ok. You just never know if they know what they are talking about or not. Hopefully not this time.

It has been snowing for 4 hours straight, with no break, even in CO, we see breaks for a few min every other hour or so, but haven't noticed any today! Poor hubby is driving around trying to fill prescriptions for me and the kiddo, and 2 pharmacies are out of the 1 thing I need! I would develop pneumonia at the beginning of a huge storm....:loser::banghead:

It has been snowing for 4 hours straight, with no break, even in CO, we see breaks for a few min every other hour or so, but haven't noticed any today! Poor hubby is driving around trying to fill prescriptions for me and the kiddo, and 2 pharmacies are out of the 1 thing I need! I would develop pneumonia at the beginning of a huge storm....:loser::banghead:

bbm...

get well soon!!!! I hope you were able to get your medicine!

oops... forgot to check in for metro D area: no snow yet but clouds are rolling in.

must say that when I picked up my tween from middle school all he could talk about was the groundhog storm...

bbm...

get well soon!!!! I hope you were able to get your medicine!

Thank you nurse!!!! Wonderful hubby has it in hand and is slowly making his way home. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

AND here in NE OK, we've just gotten ourselves into a blizzard warning, 6-12" of snow, 18" possible locally (probably right in my driveway), winds gusting to 30-40 mph (which will make it hard to determine if we're also having some of nursebeeme's thundersnow - the wind will be howling too loudly to hear it), travel impossible, visibility reduced to near zero at times, "humanitarian crisis" if power lost, seven below zero Wednesday night, that sort of thing. Some fun!

they're calling it a dangerous and severe storm watch here (and it hasn't even started yet)

they even guaranteed more than 15 cm. of snow but they apparently don't know how much more

interesting 'cause I don't usually see the term dangerous used or a guarantee of any kind from the weather network

ack - I have no food! LOL

The weathermen have given up on my area, now just saying "upwards of a foot."

they're calling it a dangerous and severe storm watch here (and it hasn't even started yet)

they even guaranteed more than 15 cm. of snow but they apparently don't know how much more

interesting 'cause I don't usually see the term dangerous used or a guarantee of any kind from the weather network

ack - I have no food! LOL

Go get food!!!! lol

Has anyone noticed how HUGE these storm systems are getting? They're starting to cover the entire nation at once....:eek:

Has anyone noticed how HUGE these storm systems are getting? They're starting to cover the entire nation at once....:eek:

Yep, the weather is def not on our side anymore..... I think it will get worse every year.......

I know, like I said earlier, I have never seen a storm system this huge, before. Accuweather was right on the money with it's size.

Last year, we had the largest "bow echo" I had EVER seen sweep across my area, producing multiple tornado warnings all at once. I'd never experienced anything like that before, or even close.

Just wanted to say you're all in my thoughts and prayers. Hang tight, stay warm, be safe!

Best-
Herding Cats

arggggg, tried to hit the store during lunch, uh, yeah, not happening, parking lot so packed people were parking across the street (a really busy one). Tried again tonight (roads are iced) no go, still packed and overflowing. Screw it. If we have to eat soup and sandwichs for the next two day - so be it. I am done. Over it already.

Watching the 5 pm news, currently it is 10 degrees, with a windchill of -8 degrees, TUESDAY high of -4 with a windchill of -30!!!!!!! And should last all day. I pray that no one loses power, I'd imagine a house would get cold FAST in those conditions..... I hope my car starts to go to work! haha, or maybe not..... :innocent::crazy:

I'm supposed to guest teach for a friend on Wednesday and then administer their unit test - under 25cm of snow, it seems. If there is class, I'd bet 50% of the students will have pinned their hopes on cancellation, and not be prepared for the test. It's always a gamble.

I know I am the teacher and all, but I'm hoping for a snow day, myself... But I'll still prepare, just in case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mebleswiata
Back