Groundhog Day Storm May Affect More than 100 Million People

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Have you looked into staying with DD and going to Philly? I'm thinking, thinking, drinking, about the name...

OMG! I can not remember the name... Thinking, drinking and looking it up...

My daughter and husband and baby live near Philly, Quakertown, but I have thought about it but trying not to bring my daughter into all this soooo personally. Son lives in the Philippines and no help...I'm pretty much it...but I can do it....

My daughter and husband and baby live near Philly, Quakertown, but I have thought about it but trying not to bring my daughter into all this soooo personally. Son lives in the Philippines and no help...I'm pretty much it...but I can do it....

Fox Chase...

I understand. Just a thought. Idk... I haven't seen proven results from them. Just hear they're good. Wishing things clear up for you quickly so the trip isn't so bad. <3 you and Uncle Sooner!

Meh. I'm okay with snow, despite my aches and pains. Frankly, I prefer it to the humidity of summer, so I am happy with the cold. Ontario swelters in the summer - I must consider job hunting further north, I think.

ONT swelters in the summer? I think I'd freeze up there!

I have 3 sisters here so we will see, but they are taking care of my mom and dad....My dad is 86 and my mom has alzheimers and my sisters are dealing with that.

sooner,
please evaluate before driving..

My prayers are with you and hubby..

And if you need people to call his doctor and beg for another appointment count me in... I will gladly beg for you for a new one before you venture out into this monster storm!

xoxoxox

LOL! I am cracking up at everyone's reaction to thundersnow, lol! Yes, it does exist and yes it is cool, except that it usually means heavy snow. But hearing thunder during a snowstorm is pretty cool.

now predicting up to 30 cm. here

I did not go grocery shopping

I'll eat cereal for three days rather than deal with crowds

anyway, I have to work tomorrow night so I'll probably order pizza at work :D

eep

I was listening to the weather...I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but there's another storm lining up behind this one....not as cold for us, but more snow

and the weather guy said "they're linin' up"

LOL! I am cracking up at everyone's reaction to thundersnow, lol! Yes, it does exist and yes it is cool, except that it usually means heavy snow. But hearing thunder during a snowstorm is pretty cool.

Thundersnow is cool!

We get it usually late fall and early spring

Ready in Chi town! Only recall baby pics of me from the blizzard of 67 and fun times when us kids were jumping off the garage roof in 79 into 8 foot snow drifts!

While the garage eventually collapsed and fortunately with no child on it's roof....

I'm dreading having to drive in this and happily remembering the snow week of 79! We usually don't get enough snow for snow days in Chi town. Unless we live next to the lake. 18 foot waves expected. Only daredevils might have blades under waves on LSD -that is Lake Shore Drive. Stay off LSD for this storm all!

In Chi town they are saying we have not had this much snow in a single day since 1967!

Kids are gonna love this! and if I don't have to drive I want to hear some thundersnow!

Keeping all over the road or local drivers who have to endure this, including my sons father, in our prayers.

One good thing, the ground hog will likely NOT see his shadow so we can expect an early spring.

I'll happily trade a day or two of snow today for an early spring tomorrow. :)

I live in Northwest Indiana. We get Chicago stations here...the best meteorologist, Tom Skilling, WGN TV, says 14-24 inches with more in Northwest Indiana cuz of Lake Effect snow. Whoopie-doo-doo!

I remember the "big one" of '67...I was 13 yrs. old. At that time it was a huge surprise, because it wasn't predicted. I remember shovelling the driveway numerous times.

Went to our local grocery store today...OMG! What a zoo! There weren't any available carts, so we had to wait for one. The worst part was that they are remodelling the store and have moved everything around at least 3 times and I found most everything, but never did run across the canned fruit. LOL! Hubby wanted some applesauce.

Stay safe everyone!

It's now officially a blizzard warning. 8-15 inches, with locally higher totals expected along the I-69 corridor. Three guesses what runs practically through my back yard?

The first time I experienced thundersnow I thought it was the end of the world. One minute I was in the middle of a normal, heavy snow storm, and the next, the skies were thundering at me. Since then I've experienced it probably another 4 times. It is weird.

I live in Northwest Indiana. We get Chicago stations here...the best meteorologist, Tom Skilling, WGN TV, says 14-24 inches with more in Northwest Indiana cuz of Lake Effect snow. Whoopie-doo-doo!

I remember the "big one" of '67...I was 13 yrs. old. At that time it was a huge surprise, because it wasn't predicted. I remember shovelling the driveway numerous times.

Went to our local grocery store today...OMG! What a zoo! There weren't any available carts, so we had to wait for one. The worst part was that they are remodelling the store and have moved everything around at least 3 times and I found most everything, but never did run across the canned fruit. LOL! Hubby wanted some applesauce.

Stay safe everyone!

Tom Skilling rocks! I'm not looking forward to the 50 mile an hour winds and single digits. Was it that windy and cold in 67?

Hoping for some snow drifts high enough to sled off the roof like we did in 79!

Central PA has a SNOW DAY!!!! :D
Unfortunately, we are now cutting into spring break; however, if we have a snow day tomorrow, my grad class will be cancelled for the second week in a row--not a bad thing. :)
Only one school district is still open, and it's opening 2 hours late. DH still has to go to work--no rest for furniture retail. Seriously, who is going to be buying furniture in this weather???
Stay safe everyone!

Central PA has a SNOW DAY!!!! :D
Unfortunately, we are now cutting into spring break; however, if we have a snow day tomorrow, my grad class will be cancelled for the second week in a row--not a bad thing. :)
Only one school district is still open, and it's opening 2 hours late. DH still has to go to work--no rest for furniture retail. Seriously, who is going to be buying furniture in this weather???
Stay safe everyone!

Oh, Pan, I feel your pain! You got me laughing about your DH. When mine used to work at a car dealership he'd say the same thing, that he HAD TO go in. Like people would buy a new car in this mess? Luckily he seems to have matured and did stay home most of our last snowcation, realizing that most of the businesses he services would be closed.

Stay safe and warm!

The lone school hold-out in central PA has given in to peer pressure and just announced its closure!

The lone school hold-out in central PA has given in to peer pressure and just announced its closure!

I know it wasn't our district. I got the text around 5:30 that we were closed. It's quite eerie getting ready for work with the kid still sleeping.

I'm as ready as I'm gonna be for the next 3 days of work... Still don't wanna drive 45 miles now though. No rest for this accountants :crazy:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishbl
Back