GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER**verdict watch** 3-5-2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forcing the jury to look @ items in the courtroom, without benefit of discussion and comparison and pointing out what area is of interest, might serve to confuse some of them more. They will have to use their memory of what they just observed, and we know from multiple examples some people can't retain anything beyond what they heard or saw all of 10 seconds ago. Some see it and get it wrong or even backwards. I can't stand this rule and I know the judge doesn't like it either.

I've just read books, I'm no expert though, but from what I gather since sociopaths have little/no remorse, JY would either not be so wound up that he lashed out at Gracie - since he doesn't have a history of screaming at strangers like that - or he would get very angry and kill her. I don't think there would be any middle ground.

Mainly I just don't think JY is a sociopath at all whether or not he interacted with Gracie, killed Michelle/Rylan, etc.

JMO
Well some examples of behavior leading away from APD would be appreciated. Other than mimicked emotion for his wife/daughter I have seen far more of his behavior consistent with that of someone afflicted with cluster b personality disorders - possibly co-morbid.

Not a psych expert either but I did live with someone disordered for a long time. It leaves its impression. :)

Right, but why would he have lashed out at Gracie? That's not his normal behavior and could be explained as him being wound up because he had just committed a murder and was not in his normal state of mind. He wasn't known for lashing out at strangers like that.

If he were a sociopath I don't think he would have been wound up about committing the murder. Regardless he would have known how stupid it would be to call attention to himself like that and would have only lashed out if he lost his cool. Either way there is no other evidence or testimony that JY is a sociopath, but he has been referred to as one several times so I am giving my alternate point of view.

I don't think Gracie actually saw JY in the first place though. I think she encountered some other idiot who couldn't control his temper.
Disordered people do not blow up constantly but they are angry constantly - their anger is always just below the surface and it is easily tripped.

IME they are usually passive-aggressive unless provoked (it could be as simple as burning toast or dropping a penny for some) and then they react via explosion.

Trust me when I say disordered people don't murder everyone they come into contact with. ;) But the people they are closest to are usually the targets of their aggression, anger, and mind games.

Forcing the jury to look @ items in the courtroom, without benefit of discussion and comparison and pointing out what area is of interest, might serve to confuse some of them more. They will have to use their memory of what they just observed and we know from multiple examples some people can't retain anything beyond what they heard or saw 10 seconds ago. Some see it and get it wrong or even backwards.

I think that law really needs to be changed.

At the very least, the court room should be cleared and let the jury look at the items, discuss it then send them back to the jury room without it if need be but to have them look at it under the watchful eye of the defendant and everyone else in the court room is ridiculous and borders on intimidation IMO if the defendant is staring them down.

IMO, not having a list of items from suitcase is going to raise red flags. Makes me wonder WHY??? This would be a common sense thing for LE to do.

Courtesy of Wolfpack:

Jury box is set up like this:
A1, A2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
A3, A4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Thank you - that helps. 2 of the jurors I observed not paying as much attention were alternates then according to this chart.

Anyone else who attended have thoughts on any of them?

As for inventory, can't the jury ask for testimony to be read back to them?

Forcing the jury to look @ items in the courtroom, without benefit of discussion and comparison and pointing out what area is of interest, might serve to confuse some of them more. They will have to use their memory of what they just observed, and we know from multiple examples some people can't retain anything beyond what they heard or saw all of 10 seconds ago. Some see it and get it wrong or even backwards. I can't stand this rule and I know the judge doesn't like it either.

No one can ever say that JY did not have every advantage going for him during this process. Best defense under the law? Oh yeah.

What about victims' rights??

As for inventory, can't the jury ask for testimony to be read back to them?

I doubt any portion of the trial has been transcribed yet. So, they would need to wait for the court reporter to do so, and that takes a long time.

Back to bars on 17? Any place live?

probably not...the jury is able to get up and look at the items on the table right now. They are not going to show live feed of that if that is what is going on.

can the jurors take notes while they are looking at said requested items?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zuehlsdorf