GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marissa Tansino WMBF‏ @MarissaTansino 1m1 minute ago
Sgt. Danny Furr with HCPD takes the stand now. He was a Corporal back in 2013. He says as part of the investigation he went to Tilted Kilt to follow up and figure out where Elvis might be. He says next step was speaking with Sidney Moorer.

Julie Calhoun‏ @JulieCalhounTV 39s39 seconds ago
Danny Furr with the Horry County Police Dept. is now on the stand. He went to the Tilted Kilt to follow up where Heather Elvis may be. Furr then spoke with Sidney Moorer on the phone and sent an officer to his home to speak with him @WBTWNews13

Intermission over. For next break
A relative of Tammy's grew up with her and her family, and he says she was more than just a fan.

"When she was in her teens, she was, I call them groupies, followed rock bands around, I guess just call them groupies," said the relative, who wishes to remain anonymous. "[She was] bragging about being with them and stuff like that."

That relative asked to be disguised during our interview for protection, after threats he says came from other relatives. "On the way here, I got a call, threat, from family. Right now I'm the scum of the earth, because I'm not on Tammy and Sidney's side."

"No one wants to ever believe that your relatives killed someone, and I understand that, that's a hard thing to swallow."

He says when authorities charged Tammy and Sidney Moorer with Heather's murder, it divided even his immediate family. "It was turning my kids against me; it was turning my mother against me."

His children were last with the Moorers on December 31, days after Heather went missing.

"I mean, you're suppose do trust your family and when you find something out like that, it gives you a sick feeling in my stomach that I let my kids go over there," the relative stated.

He said Tammy and her family got much of their money from lawsuits and settlements. He added that the Moorers spent it boastfully, taking several yearly vacations to Disneyland.

"Sidney, to me always was a lucky-go-happy guy, but you could tell by being around them as a couple, that she called the shots," the relative said.

"I don't think Tammy will ever say what really happened, I think it's gonna be up to Sidney, to man up on this one and come clean," the relative added.
Classmates, family offer insight on Tammy and Sidney Moorer

Marissa Tansino WMBF‏ @MarissaTansino 4m4 minutes ago
Rather quick questioning from the state. Defense has no cross examination for Furr. State calls next witness: Kenneth Canterbury with HCPD. He responded to Peachtree Landing for a call to a suspicious vehicle. Car was parked facing the river.

Marissa Tansino WMBF‏ @MarissaTansino 14s15 seconds ago
Canterbury says he figured out who the car was registered to and went to Terry Elvis, who the car is registered under. They opened the car and says they found clothes, receipts, food wrappers in the car.

Marissa Tansino WMBF‏ @MarissaTansino 45s46 seconds ago
Canterbury says he and Terry Elvis tried to reach his daughter Heather but were unable to. Canterbury says Terry provided him with his daughters phone records.

Nick Papantonis WPDE‏Verified account @NickPapantonis 56s57 seconds ago
Canterbury testifies that he contacted Elvis' father and drove him to the landing to open the car.

Julie Calhoun‏ @JulieCalhounTV 4m4 minutes ago
Kenneth Canterbury with the HCPD is now on the stand. He was responded to a suspicious vehicle call at the Peachtree Boat Landing. He ran the car's plates and the car belonged to Heather Elvis' father and tried to continuously call Heather Elvis @WBTWNews13

Nick Papantonis WPDE‏Verified account @NickPapantonis 43s44 seconds ago
Canterbury said Elvis' father gave them her phone records. They called one of the last numbers on the records, which belonged to Sidney Moorer.

Marissa Tansino WMBF‏ @MarissaTansino 53s53 seconds ago
Canterbury said throughout the investigation they found phone numbers that contacted Heather Elvis and they were able to figure out who those phone numbers were assigned to.

Last edited:
The officer is writing out the telephone numbers of the individuals he spoke with (Bri and Stephen). Hope they no longer use those numbers, as they're being clearly shown! And now the prosecution just read them out loud into the record!

Nick Papantonis WPDE‏Verified account @NickPapantonis 17s18 seconds ago
Some questions about the phone records that Terry Elvis produced. Defense attorney is questioning the speed at which Elvis produced the records. A few hours ago, the lawyer pressed another witness on Elvis' relationship with his daughter.

Marissa Tansino WMBF‏ @MarissaTansino 1m1 minute ago
Defense asking Canterbury if he remembers dates on the phone records. Casey Brown asking Canterbury if he thinks its strange Terry Elvis already had the phone records ready to go, Canterbury says no.

Marissa Tansino WMBF‏ @MarissaTansino 32s33 seconds ago
Defense asks Canterbury if he had concerns of an abusive ex-boyfriend of Elvis's. He says he heard statements, but no concerns.

Marissa Tansino WMBF‏ @MarissaTansino 33s34 seconds ago
Defense cross examining Canterbury now. Says he didn't see a phone or keys in the car. Defense asking if they saw cigarette butts near the car, but Canterbury says he doesn't recall.

The lack of forensics in this case just grinds my gears. Like PTF stated, the area was a mess and one would think the entire area around the car would be "bagged and tagged" If those cigs had Heather's DNA it could prove she was there smoking while she waited and if there was a cigar butt there, they could possibly get SM DNA and prove they were together and so much other information that could have come from the small details. etc etc

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member