Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I stated the wrong school earlier...
Undergraduate students at North Carolina State University – Ankesh Madan, Stephen Grey, Tasso Von Windheim and Tyler Confrey-Maloney – created a nail polish called “Undercover Colors” that changes color in the presence of common date rape drugs like Rohypnol, Xanax, and GHB (Gamma-Hydroxybutyric acid).

To see if one of the drugs has been slipped into her drink, a woman has to stir it with her finger. Not exactly discreet (or good manners, or very hygienic), but arguably more stylish than similar inventions, like these coasters, cups and straws, that do the same thing.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/08/26/students-develop-nail-polish-to-detect-date-rape-drugs/

I know I already quoted this post once before, but it started me thinking! You know what else else? Wasn't he seemingly more concerned with his clothing/bedding in the Galveston jail than he was with his own legal predicament?

Yes. And he paced back and forth wanting a shower after he was tranferred according to the guy in the holding cell across from JLMs

I am fairly new to WS......but I do have an observation. Does anyone find it rather odd that there seems to be VERY few "sources" coming forth to the media with info on JM? Such as past co-workers, friends, etc? My experience (memory) is that when a news event such as this happens, those who know/knew the accused crawl out of the woodwork to speak on camera (anonymous or not). There seems to be no one doing that in this case. Any thoughts on that? Has LE pre-empted ALL of those who would speak? Where is the former live-in girlfriend, for example?

Maybe they did and saw Hannah in his car driving by. Maybe that is what led LE to his car in the first place.

You know, I thought it was mentioned there was video of JM leaving town, but HG wasn't visible. Maybe this is the spot that captured him.

I am fairly new to WS......but I do have an observation. Does anyone find it rather odd that there seems to be VERY few "sources" coming forth to the media with info on JM? Such as past co-workers, friends, etc? My experience (memory) is that when a news event such as this happens, those who know/knew the accused crawl out of the woodwork to speak on camera (anonymous or not). There seems to be no one doing that in this case. Any thoughts on that? Has LE pre-empted ALL of those who would speak? Where is the former live-in girlfriend, for example?

Either that or he had no real friends. Or maybe these people were scared of him. I don't know, but I noticed the same thing. I do know there was someone on here that knew JM that stated the gf wanted to be left alone.

Well people like his best/closest friend in California have told people to basically "**** off" in Facebook comments to stories about this and I would imagine many others are embarrassed or hostile and/or have been told by LE to not discuss him with the media. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if he was more of a loner in recent years.

I just don't think he's that much of a planner. He stalks his prey and takes when he can. He stalks them at last call. Last call is his plan then he acts on impulse. He doesn't seem technical. I don't see him going through the trouble of acquiring date rape drugs. This is just my opinion, pure gut and speculation.

I understand your point of view, but one thing that has always baffled me about this case is Officer Longo's assertion very early on that LE believed Hannah was in JLM's car.

How on earth did she end up there, if this is correct? I can't see her getting into a stranger's car voluntarily no matter how drunk she was, and that is coming from my own personal college experience. There are some lines one knows never to cross despite impairment, such as "don't get into a car with a stranger."

Her defenses were down for some reason, and I don't believe it was only from the alcohol.

Just jumping off from your post, not arguing with you. You may well be correct. I hope we eventually find out.

there have been a good bit of friends from highschool that came out. there have been bar patrons, his pastor, but no past girlfriends. i find that odd too. maybe he didn't really have a girlfriend and that was a rumour??

According to what I have read, my gosh! There would be college acquaintances from Liberty and CNU. Co-workers from the hospital, taxi cab business and assisted living. Not to mention those who knew him from elementary, middle and high school. He grew up in one area...did not move around! Coaches, teachers, you name it. How is it that people from all area of this monsters life be so silent? Has the media been "advised" or "asked" not to publish? It's just VERY odd considering our society of instant information, esp. when those who come forth can be given anonymity. VERY ODD.

I understand your point of view, but one thing that has always baffled me about this case is Officer Longo's assertion very early on that LE believed Hannah was in The Monster's car.

How on earth did she end up there, if this is correct? I can't see her getting into a stranger's car voluntarily no matter how drunk she was, and that is coming from my own personal college experience. There are some lines one knows never to cross despite impairment, such as "don't get into a car with a stranger."

Her defenses were down for some reason, and I don't believe it was only from the alcohol.

Just jumping off from your post, not arguing with you. You may well be correct. I hope we eventually find out.

I don't really find it that hard to believe.

I'm sure he came across as super nice and probably told her something like "I'm a cab driver on the side so I have no problem taking you wherever you need to go".

A lot of times a situation like this would probably have worked out fine. Unfortunately, this guy is a monster and it had extremely tragic results. Certainly a lot of lessons that can be learned from this.

there have been a good bit of friends from highschool that came out. there have been bar patrons, his pastor, but no past girlfriends. i find that odd too. maybe he didn't really have a girlfriend and that was a rumour??

This might sound bad, but I think he had some sort of sexual disadvantage, like say Ted Bundy, or Jeffrey Dahmer. I mean with no girlfriends except one that we know of and obviously he has some fetish with raping women.

I understand your point of view, but one thing that has always baffled me about this case is Officer Longo's assertion very early on that LE believed Hannah was in The Monster's car.

JM, likely told HG that he was an off duty taxi cab driver and flashed his <expired> Virginia Taxi Operator's license, or used some other ruse to lure her in his vehicle. Noticed that on 09/13/2014, his vehicle was parked around the corner, out of view, and with only one left turn, in the direction of the abandoned house where the remains were located.. This was no coincidence, imo, and is another indicator of his pre-planning...

According to what I have read, my gosh! There would be college acquaintances from Liberty and CNU. Co-workers from the hospital, taxi cab business and assisted living. Not to mention those who knew him from elementary, middle and high school. He grew up in one area...did not move around! Coaches, teachers, you name it. How is it that people from all area of this monsters life be so silent? Has the media been "advised" or "asked" not to publish? It's just VERY odd considering our society of instant information, esp. when those who come forth can be given anonymity. VERY ODD.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...iberty-university-football-teammate/17646307/

There is this, tonight, with a former LU teammate speaking out, saying he was (like others have described) somewhat socially awkward and didn't really interact with folks (which could explain why we're not hearing from too many people).

But there's a whole thread for this - What Do We Know About Him. Head over there and you might find what you're looking for. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...o-We-Know-About-Him-2&p=11116821#post11116821

Former cabby and a few of the people he drove. I can't find any friends so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJNXXZbUZGc

This is his dad and there is a comment underneath it saying people did know him.

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/24/interview-with-dad-of-jesse-matthew-junior-abduction-suspect-in-hannah-graham-case/

The only thing I could maybe see him trying to give the girl a ride to help her out,&#8221; he said.

Matthew Sr. said he had urged his son to turn himself into police, and that he was worried for his safety.

&#8220;Oh we&#8217;re scared they might hurt him.&#8221;

But Matthew Jr. did not listen to his dad, who was emphatic that he had no idea where his son had gone.

&#8220;If I did, I would go to him and bring him in myself,&#8221; he said.

Now that Matthew Jr. is in custody, his dad said he hopes the son he considers a &#8220;teddy bear&#8221; will be cleared of any wrongdoing.

&#8220;We&#8217;ll be right behind you no matter what,&#8221; he said to his son.

I thought that same thing until I found out he was a cab driver. Maybe he whipped out his old cab ID and said I'll take you to your party. She's thinking she's doing the responsible thing by not continuing to walk alone and by not accepting a ride from a "stranger" In her mind, he's a cab driver, not a stranger??

I think that's what happened with Morgan too. Other concertgoers said they offered to help her and give her a ride and she said she was fine. She must have thought hailing a taxi was safer than riding home with a random Metallica fan. I think that staying with a group of concertgoers would have been a more comfortable situation, but maybe everyone seemed too drunk. I really don't think she was hitchhiking. i think she was trying to get a taxi, but I'm not familiar with Virginia, so I could be totally wrong. (taxis aren't common here AT ALL, so to stand on the side of the road hailing a taxi would be insane here)

Just to show you how ridiculous I am:
I ran out of gas in the middle of a stretch of interstate with a 4 month in the car. A police officer stopped to help me and my crazy paranoid self did NOT want to ride in the car with him, but he refused to leave me on the side of the road with a baby. He said the shoulder was dangerous. This made me more suspicious. "Why won't he allow me stay here while he gets gas? I thought maybe he's just pretending to be an officer, but he was in a souped up police car. LOL. Still I was shaking the whole way the gas station. He was telling backup that he didn't need help etc. So once I could hear them on his radio, I was sure that he was real. After reading about cases like Hannah's and the list goes on and on, I don't trust being alone with hardly anyone unless I KNOW them . It's sad, but it's true.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...iberty-university-football-teammate/17646307/

There is this, tonight, with a former LU teammate speaking out, saying he was (like others have described) somewhat socially awkward and didn't really interact with folks (which could explain why we're not hearing from too many people).

But there's a whole thread for this - What Do We Know About Him. Head over there and you might find what you're looking for. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...o-We-Know-About-Him-2&p=11116821#post11116821

Thank you......still trying to figure out how to navigate this site. :)

I don't really find it that hard to believe.

I'm sure he came across as super nice and probably told her something like "I'm a cab driver on the side so I have no problem taking you wherever you need to go".

A lot of times a situation like this would probably have worked out fine. Unfortunately, this guy is a monster and it had extremely tragic results. Certainly a lot of lessons that can be learned from this.

Well, you may be right. Only two people know exactly what happened and one of them is presumably dead.

On the other hand, I've yet to see statements from anyone whose first impression of JLM who met him during his nightlife was that he was super nice. They may well be out there but I haven't seen any.

This is one thing that has confounded me about this case from the beginning: Hannah was worldly, streetwise. How on earth did JLM overcome that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member