Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the lights were hung upside down because they are too tall to fit in the space they were mounted right side up.

Or maybe that's part of the hex on that road....lol

So no ID yet? It's not all that unusual to issue a "tentative" ID.

Hello, we still do not have confirmation. There has not been much movement at all today besides Nelson County will begin another search for Alexis Murphy in November (unrelated to Hannah at this moment)

Though interesting that they are resuming search in Nelson county which is where jesses mom lives -and she moved in a year ago which is when Alexis disappeared. I'm not sure these remains are Hannah's.

I guess I'm dense, Ralph, because I still don't understand why the DNA evidence LE has on the AM case wasn't run through the system? In 2010 they picked up the match currently in question...wasn't AM after that? If the profiles weren't entered, wouldn't that be considered a pretty big misstep? (I thought I had read that Fairfax made the match, but can't locate that article now. Maybe it's a difference in procedures from location to location within the state.)

BBM/ I believe it was. RAT came up with a match in key places, but some other DNA was also found that was not matched, because the person with it was not in the system. I don't think it was in critical places but one would have to read up on the AM case to know for sure, if it's even addressed. It is possible JM is a match for it, something RAT's attorney is hoping is the case. JM was not in the system until now as he was never picked up for any offence that allowed LE to take his DNA.

That other DNA was present in the AM case, is not necessarily an issue. Other people have likely been there where it was found, that could be perfectly normal.

In Hannah's case I 'm sure JM's car and apartment and belongings have a lot of unidentified DNA. That's what makes a lot of getting the samples so very difficult and time consuming. No telling who's been near a person, in a car, in an apartment, touched some things and left DNA, often innocently.

From what the DA of AM's case said, no news on any match between JM and what was in the AM case was given to him as of yet.

Though interesting that they are resuming search in Nelson county which is where jesses mom lives -and she moved in a year ago which is when Alexis disappeared. I'm not sure these remains are Hannah's.
Interesting. I think JM was involved with the AM case. I am waiting for it to unfold...

That search is taking place in Orange County, not Nelson (as far as I've seen reported).

What are typical sources of DNA, from the perpetrator, that they might find if the entire event occurred outside? I read that in Morgans case she had tissue under her nails. They might find his hair but what else? I wonder if Hannah was wearing pierced earrings? If she was, they would possibly be near the body.

I noticed from Hannah's twitter photos, that she seems to have been a pretty bad nail biter. I am a nail biter too.. and I always think that if, God forbid, something happened to me, that they would never find DNA under my nails because they are too short. :(

Essentially we have these reasons for why we don't know if it's Hannah yet:
1. They are processing cases in order and haven't gotten to her yet.
2. The remains (or lack thereof) are making it difficult to make a definitive conclusion.
3. It's not Hannah and they're trying to figure out who it is before going public.
4. They found more than one person's remains and want to gather more evidence before telling the public.
5. They are negotiating w JM.

What else?
They are confirming the DNA is JM's.

I believe it had more to do with the vultures diving at the body. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought I heard that MH was found in a field.

Yes she was found in a field-I dont guess vultures are heavy enough to break bones with just their weight,they crack them etc..as they eat. Hours ago and hundreds of postings ago somebody was talking about how much damage the vultures can do as they eat.

White residue and scratches consistent with drug use.....this just made me think of something. Tonight I was discussing a local murder case with my husband (from 2005) involving one of his old school mates/football team mates. Apparently after using Cocaine he strangled and attempted to rape one person and attempted to murder (stabbing while wearing gloves) two other people in the house. He claims he is innocent and he woke up to find the girl strangled and the other two people attacking him.

Is it possible that drug use is linked to all of these sexual assaults and murders? Can people lose track of what happened? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BBM. IMO, absolutely it is possible, and even likely. Alcohol certainly was a factor and maybe drugs on the part of the victim when we are talking about MH and Hannah. Both women were not operating at full cognitve levels. As for JM, the sweating that was reported, that he left Tempo, it would not surprise me a bit if he were taking contraband that day he picked up Hannah. I don't know much about the drug scene and what's being used out there, but there are things that can pump up someon like JM and push him over the edge. No excuse for what he's done, however. Whatever the reason, or cause for being a rapist, killer, the bottom line is such perps need to be kept away from others because of the danger they pose.

That search is taking place in Orange County, not Nelson (as far as I've seen reported).

Yes--either albemarle or orange--I was just thinking that Jesse May have known both places well.

OT About AM. Not sure where RAT was in comparison to where Jesses mom lives now--but could Jesse have driven AM back-dumped her where remains were just found and then driven her car to where it was found in c-ville? I need to read up on that case.

BBM. IMO, absolutely it is possible, and even likely. Alcohol certainly was a factor and maybe drugs on the part of the victim when we are talking about MH and Hannah. Both women were not operating at full cognitve levels. As for JM, the sweating that was reported, that he left Tempo, it would not surprise me a bit if he were taking contraband that day he picked up Hannah. I don't know much about the drug scene and what's being used out there, but there are things that can pump up someon like JM and push him over the edge. No excuse for what he's done, however. Whatever the reason, or cause for being a rapist, killer, the bottom line is such perps need to be kept away from others because of the danger they pose.

What about steroids? They can cause aggression and high temper. He did throw those two girls over his shoulders that night at the bar.

That area in general is super tricky. I've driven 29 and the roads beyond it in rain wind and snow and it never is easy to drive. I've always described Charlottesville and Lynchburg as "island cities" you are in the center of the town and there are shops, bars, restaurants, movies, Target, college campuses and then you drive 10 miles out and there is a decrepit old "country store" dollar general and a creepy run down old legislature building or warehouse then there is miles of dark twisty roads surrounded by mountains, hillside farms, and wineries. It's a perfect place for someone with a liking to kill. Plenty of people to choose and plenty of places to hide.

http://findmorgan.com/family-blog/gil-harringtons-thoughts-from-september-18-2012/
September 18, 2012. Autopsy Report.

Which seat do you choose? Among all the comfortable chairs in this house, which one is the right one to support me as I open and read the Medical Examiner’s autopsy report for our slain daughter, Morgan Dana Harrington?

It is a thick envelope. The kids always said a fat envelop was a good sign; typically meaning something positive, like an acceptance to college. Thick or pancake flat envelope makes no difference in this missive; it is all bad news. It is stupid of me to be so avoidant of this written document. I have seen the damage, felt the bones, smelled the rot. Still to experience the objectivity and scientific analysis inherent in the autopsy report is going to be so disturbing.

She wasn’t a 20 year old white female, 5feet7 inches…… She was Morgan, our baby girl with shiny hair, flashing eyes and such sweet silky soft skin. How could he have ended all that? I will never understand the evil, the cruelty of this killer..
As time passes, Morgan, I feel mounting urgency about other young women that may fall in this predator’s path. I feel his blood lust growing and am frantic in my determination to Help Save the Next Girl.

<sniped - read more>

I have 2 daughters and I cannot imagine losing one of them period, never mind in such a brutal manner. :(

http://findmorgan.com/family-blog/gil-harringtons-thoughts-from-september-18-2012/
September 18, 2012. Autopsy Report.

Which seat do you choose? Among all the comfortable chairs in this house, which one is the right one to support me as I open and read the Medical Examiner&#8217;s autopsy report for our slain daughter, Morgan Dana Harrington?

It is a thick envelope. The kids always said a fat envelop was a good sign; typically meaning something positive, like an acceptance to college. Thick or pancake flat envelope makes no difference in this missive; it is all bad news. It is stupid of me to be so avoidant of this written document. I have seen the damage, felt the bones, smelled the rot. Still to experience the objectivity and scientific analysis inherent in the autopsy report is going to be so disturbing.

She wasn&#8217;t a 20 year old white female, 5feet7 inches&#8230;&#8230; She was Morgan, our baby girl with shiny hair, flashing eyes and such sweet silky soft skin. How could he have ended all that? I will never understand the evil, the cruelty of this killer..
As time passes, Morgan, I feel mounting urgency about other young women that may fall in this predator&#8217;s path. I feel his blood lust growing and am frantic in my determination to Help Save the Next Girl.

<sniped - read more>

This brings me tears. How awful! The grief, anger, horror, disgust, loss, disbelief these mothers must feel. It's so so so so sad.

What about steroids? They can cause aggression and high temper. He did throw those two girls over his shoulders that night at the bar.

That too, but would that be something someone like JM would take at this time of his life? I was thinking more along the line of instant gratification feelings drugs. I don't even want to name any as there is no evidence of any of this.

Re Camblos: right now I'm guessing the agreement w/JM is to protect him pre-charge & to represent him on the current charges. If this is the case, Camblos has no obligation to represent him on future charges and can decline just b/c he doesn't want the case. Attorneys can decline (or withdraw) representation due to client's inability to pay, lack of client cooperation, attorney's inability to be objective, conflict of interest, other caseload that prevents attorney from being able to give adequate attention to the case, etc. If JM gets hit with the charges we all expect, this could be a full time job for Camblos, especially if he has to prepare over the next 5mos. If he gets paid by the state as a PD, he will likely take a huge salary hit. It appears doubtful that JM's family will be able to pay for a full-fledged murder trial, w/DP on the table possibly, so I could easily see this going to public defenders. But, like others said, Camblos might be up for such a high profile case. Would definitely kick off his defense career and, being a former prosecutor, he has an advantage that other defense attorneys might not have, just b/c he fully understands the delicate workings of the DA's office.

BBM/ I believe it was. RAT came up with a match in key places, but some other DNA was also found that was not matched, because the person with it was not in the system. I don't think it was in critical places but one would have to read up on the AM case to know for sure, if it's even addressed. It is possible JM is a match for it, something RAT's attorney is hoping is the case. JM was not in the system until now as he was never picked up for any offence that allowed LE to take his DNA.

That other DNA was present in the AM case, is not necessarily an issue. Other people have likely been there where it was found, that could be perfectly normal.

In Hannah's case I 'm sure JM's car and apartment and belongings have a lot of unidentified DNA. That's what makes a lot of getting the samples so very difficult and time consuming. No telling who's been near a person, in a car, in an apartment, touched some things and left DNA, often innocently.

From what the DA of AM's case said, no news on any match between JM and what was in the AM case was given to him as of yet.
i think in a few crucial areas, dna was not run in RAT case, especially no dna run in AM car when it showed up in parking lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee