Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that is it, can you imagine having the nice house across the street knowing someone hid the dead body of a young woman right there?

He hid her in a house? Her body wouldn't be totally decomposed after just 1 month would it?

Nothing was said about clothing in the PC. Nothing was said about an abandoned structure in the PC. If she was found in a structure, that's coming from CNN, not LE at the PC.

Yes, I think it was posted under "sticky threads--Press Conference #105

"6ft tall with distinctive clothing"

Just can't imagine...you send your child off to college and she ends up missing, dead. How do you deal with this? DD was at school in Madison, Wisconsin when girls went missing. She said, "Mom, it's time to get out of Dodge." I couldn't wait for her to come home. These girls deserve this rite of passage. They shouldn't have to fear going away to school. A parent's worst nightmare. My heart breaks for the Graham family.

I'm with you. I am so choked up and sad. No one should have to go through what Hannah and her family have. And now comes my anger and outrage. Oh, may her murderer face justice for this. I can't say what else I would like to.

I think he was always ready to pounce, with spots picked out and everything. How horrific.
And always looking, IMO. Don't you remember how he spotted HG from across the mall, and didn't skip a beat in following her? That's hardcore. Like an animal in the wild, IMO.

I said the exact same thing to my husband recently. Literally like a predatory animal that spots its prey and is on it in a flash.

Jean said structure. Longo only said property. Either she misspoke and will now have started rumors, or she has inside information.

She said before the press conference that she had spoken to a searcher who said a body had been found, yadda yadda, she's repeating what a firsthand source told her, NOT what Longo said in the conference. Who knows if her source is right? But I bet it is.

They could not definitely confirm,need DNA tests.Considering the way they talked,the location,female,and could have recognized clothing,shoes or jewelry,hair,I would say yes it is Hannah.They thanked everyone,as a way to end the search.

I pray they can find his DNA on her clothing. Please G-d, let there be something left behind.

Jean said structure. Longo only said property. Either she misspoke and will now have started rumors, or she has inside information.

They have been asking people to check abandon stuctures since they impounded LJ's car. I believe one of the clues they might have is old lead paint chips or something very outdated to mordern building. JMO.

We could logically conclude what happened to Hannah. So can someone tell me why this news makes me cry? Why do I always gasp "Oh no." when news like this is given?

God bless this girl and her family with peace.

I hear ya. Sadly. Well I always say we know what we know in our head. It just takes a little time for the heart to catch up. Sigh..........

We could logically conclude what happened to Hannah. So can someone tell me why this news makes me cry? Why do I always gasp "Oh no." when news like this is given?

God bless this girl and her family with peace.

I feel exactly the same..I can only imagine it's because most people like us in our hearts care about the well being of our fellow people on this planet and when we get invested in these situations it hits even harder..no matter how much our logical brain might tell us over and over this is 99% likely the only probable conclusion to this story there is always the 1% deep down holding out hope somehow some way there's a different conclusion where she is still here..and the finite feeling of seeing that her body is actually found ends that small shred of hope we held and with it that positive feeling..and it just all feels empty..

Sadly, I think all of us were expecting this news. When the link to Morgan Harrington was confirmed, there was zero chance in my mind that Hannah would be found alive. Because even if she was held captive somewhere, you can't go 35 days without food - and especially not water.

I'm very realistic about this stuff, but I also have a very optimistic view on crime and I want to find a silver lining in everything. I have to, because otherwise I just get depressed. IMO there is a big silver lining here in Hannah's death, and it is: Morgan's case is no longer unsolved, Jesse Matthews will never be able to hurt another girl ever again, and all women (especially Matthews' many victims) in Virginia can rest easy knowing that this guy isn't on the loose anymore. In a way, Hannah helped save the next girl. The world is a slightly better place now, and we have Hannah to thank for that - and I hope that can give the Graham family some comfort.

RIP, girl. RIP.

They could not definitely confirm,need DNA tests.Considering the way they talked,the location,female,and could have recognized clothing,shoes or jewelry,hair,I would say yes it is Hannah.They thanked everyone,as a way to end the search.

Her family can likely provide dental records which would be a much faster way of making a positive ID. I don't think we will have to wait long for the confirmation.

What are your thoughts on that specifically?

Just my opinion, but MH was placed in that remote field. Hard to access, and to transport a body means one is likely to leave transfer more evidence. It is risky and seems calculated.

Leaving a body in a populated recreational park looks more impulsive to me. I know that serial murderers do not always have signatures, but it seems like there should be some key commonalities beside victims' physical appearance. Maybe that is not it. Just speculating...

Some guy on CNN (sorry can't remember who, but think it was one of their "investigative" reporters) said that he's looking into a tie between JM and Alexis Murphy. Even went as far to say they somehow knew each other. Who knows what to believe on that program?

Yes, I think it was posted under "sticky threads--Press Conference #105

"6ft tall with distinctive clothing"

That was what HFfan1 said in post #106 in that thread; it was not what LE said in the PC.

I think I'm going to leave for awhile. I'll come back after all the info flying around in here is confirmed or removed. I heard the PC, so will rely on what LE said for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper