Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they have JM on suicide watch, I wouldn't want him to get off that easily.
I agree Li-Mom....we don't need another mistake like Israel Keyes....he needs to fry for this..R.I.P. Hannah...now you can go home....praying for the family...not much doubt that it is Hannah ..but I imagine police have to play it by the book until it is officially confirmed...so sad.....she wasn't in water as I suspected which is probably better because there will be more evidence that can nail LM's *advertiser censored*...this makes be so mad...and sad , at the same time...

Two weeks ago, as the search for Graham expanded to areas outside Charlottesville, police found Matthew's abandoned cab on a farm.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Parents-of-Missing-UVa-Student-Ask-for-Information-278120631.html

struck again at how the cab was abandoned and now property where remains were located was abandoned. Have LE ever given a clue as to where exactly the cab was located?

I don't know the answer to this, but as a parent I can not even think about this without crying. The condition her body may be in, the harm that may have been done to it . . . I just can not comprehend the emotions of seeing her. :(

I can't either. I don't know how the Harringtons could bear looking at the remains. It would have done me in. I would not go. I could not. With dental records, DNA, I don't think it's necessary to require a next of kin to identify bodies anymore, especially ones that are decomposed or mutilated. It's torture. If a parent or relative wants to see, that's a whole other thing, but I would not be able to do so. I'd be in such ruins already at the news, at the prospect. No. I would not go view.

i wonder why JM would have left hannah in a structure? wouldn't he be somewhat aware of how that would affect decomposition and possibly implicate him to a greater degree?
I'm not convinced of that. He may live his life 10 minutes at a time. He gets the urge, conquers his prey( if available), then moves forward. Does he pre-plan his dump site? Or does he have several sites in his memory bank? Whatever is easier? Whatever fits in for THAT night? MOO.

I haven't been following WS/True Crime/the news as closely as usual lately. I just saw Hannah's body was found. I know this wasn't the outcome many hoped for, but I am glad her remains can be returned to her family and this should help the case against her killer. Sending love & light to Hannah's family/friends.

Darling, shimmering beautiful girl....
Innocent one...
Walking with seeming purpose to an unknown beat...
Your stride should be continuing still...
Strong, unaltered...marching on....
Cut short by darkness..
Crooked cliffs...
A walk deterred; a life dismissed..
Yet strength of love and life resist..
A memory is more than just..
A thought, a smile.. A pumped up fist...
You are a girl of forvevr smiles..
A champ. A sweetie,
Of British styles...
A girl who trusted, laughed and cared..
Full of life, loved and cherished..
A shooting star...
Darkened too soon..
But embers reaching...
Sparkling still....
Never diminished....
Love is strength and conquers all..
It strides on full of strength, purposeful direction...always...
Amazing. Thank you, basilcat!

Looking at the map across the street (old lynchburg rd) there is a farm that appears to be abandoned. Farm houses can be abandoned and the land still worked. Lots of farms are left to family and the home on the farm will be left empty and then run down to falling down but the property will still be worked. Across from Walnut creek park there is a large farm that is being worked but I can not see an active home on it. jmo idk

Would you provide a link to the map, please? Thanks.

I too like Li-Mom hope that they have him on suicide watch so they can get as much information out of him as possible....we don't need another Israel Keyes situation. R.I.P. Hannah...now you can go home...praying for her family and friends...so sad...glad I was wrong about thinking she was in water. This way there will be more evidence and they can nail LM's *advertiser censored*...hope he gets the death penally..very glad Virginia has it.

i am CERTAIN that this is where the cop car is parked - the intersection of Old Lynchburg and Plank (you can see the lynchburg and plank street signs and the blue street sign in the image with cop car as well as the distinct fence with rocks at the base). This location is 13 miles from C'ville so maybe 3 miles up from here, since they said 10 miles from c'ville?

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.917...!1e1!3m2!1sf2RpOOVH1UdXKMCyWbYpYg!2e0!6m1!1e1

if we are getting mixed messages from media - shallow grave and abandoned structure - it's possible it was a shed with no floor, thus a shallow grave in a shed??

Look at this one too, blue sign here too and matches the police barricade picture:

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.942...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sL0MKuiXPW-trNmt8akrxlA!2e0

Her dad was out there today with Longo. :(

They wouldn't have to identify it because they must have DNA (from the remains) and likely dental records.

I think the desire or fear of seeing one's child in such potential condition is a very personal one. I think the Harringtons needed to see Morgan, in whatever shape. As medical professionals, they are more able to separate body from spirit/soul, and it has obviously been healing to at least Gil (her talk about her daughter's lovely bones, her ashes, etc.). For others, it would be a horror film only ready to begin.

I hope they are given the option and counseling in helping them decide, before any autopsy is begun.

Jean said structure. Longo only said property. Either she misspoke and will now have started rumors, or she has inside information.

I heard abandoned property but I took that to be a structure of some kind. Describing it as abandoned wouldn't mean land to me. Maybe JC did the same thing I did and assumed a structure. MOO

Hannah's parents must be desperate to see their little girl, no matter what.
Would they be asked to identify her, would they be allowed to see Hannah at this point?

The OCME typically does not use visual IDs of remains by family/friends as a method of identification. To be blunt, even recently deceased bodies look very little like the person looked in life (it's not like you see in a funeral home).

The ME will use dental records, fingerprints or DNA to confirm the identity - in that order.

A lot of parents move their kids away from some area or other, and feel that "out in the country" is simpler. I wouldn't put a whole lot on this. Really, with JM, he had a lot of chances. Yes, he got kicked out of college for rape. That could have been sheer stupidity, and he could have learned from that. Instead he pulls the same sort of thing again, and clearly he still does not stop behavior that is outright criminal. When he started killing his victims, who knows. I will be interested in seeing the DNA match results. MH and the Fairfax victim may well not be the only DNA matches that come up.

That's true jamicat, but due to the age that many sexual predators cross the threshold from fantasy to dark reality; during adolescence/age 14. It would be very helpful if juvenile records were available to the public.. Hopefully an investigative reporter/journalist will dig into his past both criminal and psychological, imo..

One comment on the FB states there was a triathalon on Old Lunchburg Road on Sept 13th that had @300 participants, many who arrived prior to 7:30 opening

http://www.trifind.com/gs_sprint/sprinttriathlons.html?state=va&year=2014&month=9&search=GO&page=1
Saturday, September 13, 2014 Wisdom Oak Winery Olympic & Sprint Triathlon
North Garden, Virginia Walnut Creek Park

Charlottesville Olympic Triathlon :
Triathlon : Swim 1500 Meters, Bike 24.9 Miles, Run 6.2 Miles
Charlottesville Sprint Triathlon :
Triathlon : Swim 750 Meters, Bike 16.5 Miles, Run 3.1 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online