Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read most of this last thread, but I haven't seen a post stating the distance from the mall complex she was last seen and the location she was found.

Does anybody know, or can they guesstimate ?

Roughly 45 minutes, about 25 miles, jmo

BBM.

Serial Killers morph. He didn't have a Cab anymore. When compromised and vulnerable women appear, bad things are going to happen when they cross paths with JM.

MOO.

'

Now that you mention it, I've been AFK so perhaps missed....why was his taxi "abandoned" at the farm? Who owned it? What year was it abandoned? Does anyone know?

Where was the nearest house to this proximity? Where are the neighbors? Who owns this property? How can a body be there for 5 weeks, decomposing without notice? What tipped them off to the fact there was a body there? Questions....

We do not know it was there for 5 weeks. MH's body was moved.

Any idea what this may be? 37.941839, -78.592487
It's off of Old Lynchburg Road, a building surrounding by trees, and no paved drive.

View attachment 61590

3470 Old Lynchburg Road, house owned by bank since 1996, apparently. Put "3470 Old Lynchburg" into Google, and you'll see this side view. What does the sign on the side of it say? Corner Plank and Old Lynchburg.

ETA: Go into streetview, and slide to the right, and you'll see a sign on the side of the house, on the part where the chimney rises. In this shot, the sign is behind the tree. What does it say? ("No Tresspassing"? Or?)

That Roof looks very rough to me.

'

IMO, Chief Longo put his heart and soul into finding Hannah. This photo from today's press conference brought tears to my eyes.

View attachment 61586

http://news.yahoo.com/cops-remains-may-those-missing-uva-student-220523062.html

I just love Chief Longo and have so much respect and admiration for him! He is a man who has such a good heart. He can feel the pain and loss of others. He cares about the victims and their families.

He is by far the best PC I have ever seen. I hope he is awarded 'The Top PC in the Nation for 2014.'

BBM/ I agree with you. I think there have been other victims. I don't think the autumn is necessarily the only time he struck either. I am awaiting the DNA match results. Also I think he may have raped some women and not killed them. For whatever reason, Hannah and MH, he did not feel he could let go. I don't even want to think about other victims who may not have been reported missing because they had no one who cared or who did not stick to any schedule, tended to take off for periods of time, and some who are reported missing but LE did not take too seriously, again, because of their lack of accounting to other and lack of schedule, tendency to disappear for periods of time. I think in the cases of MH and Hannah, JM knew that he could not get away with what he did to them, so he killed them and hoped their bodies were not found, or if found, not traced to him. And so it was with MH.

But I don't believe a minute that these two were the only ones.

I completely agree. The speed with which he spotted and targeted Hannah was terrifying. Definitely appeared to be something he knew how to do . . .

I don't really understand all the speculating that the body was found inside an abandoned structure.. I've heard reports that the body was found in a shallow grave. Which would lead me to believe that it was not 'in' an abandoned structure.

My question is this though.... What person can dig a shallow grave at night? Did he wait until morning daylight to do it, or was it prepared beforehand or ? It just strikes me as odd. Digging can be difficult, especially if you can't see the size of a rock or tree root or what-have-you. How could anyone make a shallow grave in the dark? I suppose the perp could have brought some sort of lights, but wouldn't that have been risky to be spotted? Did he then stay there that whole night or return at a later time?

Sorry if this was mentioned before.. I was trying to read all of the thread, but could not catch up.

If the moon was half or more full, it would be very bright. I can walk down to my barn at night with the moon with no flashlight and when it is full, it wakes me up at night because it is so bright. I don't know what the cycle was on September 13 but worth checking.

Good evening. This is my first post on this thread and as you can imagine there is no hope of me reading through all of this. As such, could one of you kind sleuths direct me to any maps that have been made showing the exact location of Morgan Harrington and also where this poor young woman was found. Thank you in advance.

While certainly not "closure," because there really is no such thing for families of murder victims, at least they know she was found and they'll be able to bury her.

Abduction/murders happen so often, I don't know why people assume some young adult is being held against their will, even after the perp is caught and put in jail and before the body is found. Cases in which someone was abducted and kept alive are so rare that they are huge news when they occur, because they are rare. 99.9% of the time the person is deceased within an hour or 2 of their abduction. Sad statistics, but that's what they are. By the 2nd or 3rd day of a missing person case, LE pretty much knows they are looking for the remains of the missing person, especially if they are not known for running away, don't have a drug problem, etc.

that's a REALLY nice place. there's a nice long fence with landscaping all around. looks like an expensive well cared for place to me??

It's also the kind of place that someone living above their means could have bought and then been unable to make the payments on after a layoff or business setback.

I read something on Twitter that she was found in a shallow grave and it was SAR dogs that had provided a hit on some areas that they then focused the searches today on. Whether that is accurate or not I don't know, it's just what I read. Part of a news feed of articles.

Rod Wheeler was interviewed on Fox News channel earlier this evening and reported the same thing. I haven't been able to find his interview online though. Hopefully more will come out soon.

There are oodles of places that are run down or abandoned looking in this area. Nothing that sticks out in my mind along that stretch. That place on the corner sticks out because I had to stop there and I remember what a nice place it was. This place, that was linked to by someone in an earlier post seems promising, however it was right across the street from a house, so who knows. https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...2!3m1!1s0x89b39d2ffe0f85c3:0xa377784c776b19bf

Yeh, I think you are right.... that's my #1 candidate... just posted my #2.. and the Roosevelt Dr site is my #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth