Hannah Graham: Remains Identified

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So. Now that we've all had time to breathe and grieve and take it all in, do we still think there are other bodies at 3193? Certainly seemed there was more activity at the site than the norm. Interested to know what you all think will be the next break in this case?

I believe that LE searched the immediate area of 3193 well enough to feel there are no more bodies or remains there, but whether they are ever found or not, I really believe JLM has left others somewhere within a few miles area of there. JMO

Wow, I really hope that is an unfounded rumor. That's disgusting and tasteless.
I agree with both of you on that, born evil. I have to step back and think about that one sentence R.U.Kidding! posted," to play the "dead Morgan Harrington" at a Halloween party, after she went missing."

Maybe the mods could start a new thread about this. Safety and self-awareness. I know I'd personally like that. And this has nothing to do with this thread. I know I need to keep myself in check from time to time on self-awareness. (can't believe I have to type that.) Maybe in future there could be a thread dedicated to this. (Again, not related to this thread at all and Hannah and her family.)

Yes and that thread, if ok with mods could have lists and links of groups already working to change this for the better in all sorts of ways. For those action minded.

So. Now that we've all had time to breathe and grieve and take it all in, do we still think there are other bodies at 3193? Certainly seemed there was more activity at the site than the norm. Interested to know what you all think will be the next break in this case?

I think that if there had been other bodies there it would have taken much longer to process the site than it did.

I do wonder if they found trophies in his apartment, that aren't linked to Hannah or Morgan, but can't be attributed to his ex girlfriend or any friends or relatives either.

Maybe JM's mother has been distancing herself from her ex since the divorce, even if not legally changing her name. I would, no matter what spouse was like. He would be nothing more than children's father to me. They can choose their own names, when old enough, if they want to. Jmo

MOD NOTE: Lay off the friends, acquaintances and relatives on both sides!

I am so saddened by the outcome of this search. While I do believe that there is evidence that JM is a multiple rapist and perhaps is responsible for one other murder, I do not subscribe to the theory that he is a serial killer.
All of my thoughts and prayers are with Hannah's family and friends. Also I would not be honest not to say that I'm also praying for JM's family.
In a world that wasn't meant to be so painful humans continue to make it so. That just breaks my heart:(

Maybe he went up to her, asked, how she was doing, and what's going on? Hannah may have said she is looking/going to a party, is lost, and he offered her a ride, because he knew where that was at.

I really think that's what happened. His tried and tested "hey, you ok, need a lift? I'm a taxi driver, going that way so can take you for free" line. Probably the same one he used on Morgan.

I really think that's what happened. His tried and tested "hey, you ok, need a lift? I'm a taxi driver, going that way so can take you for free" line. Probably the same one he used on Morgan.

I think I'm just going to choose to think of it like this, because at best we're going to get JM's version of events and quite frankly I don't feel like believing a word he says.

:( I wish every person in the world was amazing enough to turn all of their pain into poetry. There might be a lot less Jesse Matthews in the world.

I am so saddened by the outcome of this search. While I do believe that there is evidence that JM is a multiple rapist and perhaps is responsible for one other murder, I do not subscribe to the theory that he is a serial killer.
All of my thoughts and prayers are with Hannah's family and friends. Also I would not be honest not to say that I'm also praying for JM's family.
In a world that wasn't meant to be so painful humans continue to make it so. That just breaks my heart:(

If he is convicted for Morgans murder and Hannah's...by definition or the word serial killer, we only need one more...I firmly believe he intended to kill the Fairfax victim....( that would make it 3)....

My first post.. :)
But would you go into that beat up orange car? I'm sorry, that is no taxi. LOL (unless he forced her, once they got to the car)

My speculation: He went up to her and said something like, "hey, that WG is following you. I'll help you shake him off." or something to that effect, to gain her trust.

I want to talk about something here that is not adding up to me.

Police reported that at 1:20AM a text from Hannahs phone was sent saying I am lost at 14th and Wertland.
Hannah Graham was seen at the downtown mall area 1:08AM on camera.
She was still walking toward where Tempo was and had to get in and sit down so lets say 1:15AM she's actually inside the tempo sitting. (The Tempo restaurant owner says she was not but the police say otherwise)
*Jesse Matthew admits to buying Hannah Graham drinks when he comes to police station asking for a lawyer*
It is reported by an eye witness that Hannah was at the Tempo bar seen with JM till around 1:45 AM

Did Jesse Matthew send a text at 1:20AM? Or did Hannah send a text at 1:20 AM? Did Hannah type that text out earlier and just accidentally hit send later?

This is a mystery.

Where's her phone is the bigger mystery, too, fine points. TY

:wagon: keiki kahala :D

We may never know. But your possible sounds just as possible as some of the others posed.

I don't entirely buy that. Apparently her body was lying exposed in a creek bed, and he dumped her in a hurry at night. That particular body was gonna be found before too long, and Jesse Matthew had to have known that.

I have a feeling he's never going to cooperate.

I said early on, he going to say he dropped her off. He's going to say he had no idea what happened to her. The good news is-- is that he no stranger to Old Lynchburg. He's also very Lazy in his mentality but drives fast. ( And drove fast through that area) He also ducked in the police station and asked for an attorney and then speed away. Saving his own narcissistic self. He's not going to be compliant and wasn't in this case. The forensic link to Fairfax is good... so he is now busted for the rape attempt. I don't think it took very long for Hannah to recognize he is a creep. I still find it odd that she was so close to her apartment and thought she was lost. As a second year sophomore.. that shouldn't happen.

I get what you're saying. I think everyone should be careful in general in life. We live in a world of predators. We also live in a world of sharp objects, germs, bombs, etc.

Bringing up a discussion on how women can protect themselves from predators in the wake of a girl being murdered by one puts some people on edge because it puts us on a slippery slope of laying responsibility of the crime on the person the crime was committed against, imo. The context loads it with implications because there's no shortage of people who really do think it's the victim's fault.

In my opinion there are ongoing conversations on how women can protect themselves but there aren't enough conversations on how we can raise boys (and increasingly girls) to be less violent and self-entitled. Unfortunately is easier to figure out how to use a pepper spray can than to figure out how to (collectively) raise fewer rapists and murderers. But if people have the desire and wherewithall to kill and inflict pain then they'll find a way no matter what the victims are doing so I think it's more important to focus on the perpetrators (and potential perpetrators) rather than the victims.

I agree with your post at least 99%. I disagree on focusing on the perpetrators to prevent crimes like these.

My viewpoint on this topic is this: You really can't control perpetrators' behavior -- you can only control your OWN behavior. Especially because perpetrators are a small part of the population, not a large percentage. This small percentage keep getting away with multiple crimes because law enforcement doesn't focus on these crimes enough. The only way to prevent sociopaths like these from raping/murdering is to catch them ASAP so they don't get a chance to do it 4, 5, 6, times or more. There should NEVER be a backlog of rape kits or violent crime scene DNA that needs testing. Not while we are spending money on filling potholes or pulling weeds along the freeway or whatever else we spend money on. What is higher priority than preventing your daughter / mother / sister / brother being raped or murdered?

Notice the difference between a) me making choices like taking a longer, well-lit route instead of the short dark alley VS. b) me trying to control someone else's behavior such as trying to raise a child in a way that he doesn't become a rapist or murderer, or holding rallies telling young men that date rape or drugging someone "isn't cool". Which one is going to help ME, proactively, stay safe? Obviously, everyone tries to raise children to be empathetic and not violent. The vast majority of young men are already well-informed that rape is illegal and immoral... except for the few evil ones that wear a mask of normalcy -- like JM.

P.S. This same logic applies to the bullying debate. While we have all these rallies about how bullying is wrong, I think at least half of those rallies should be telling kids how to DEAL with being bullied. Especially how to not take insults and lies to heart, and if something is a continuing problem, how to get help instead of getting depressed and suicidal. Because the small percentage of kids who enjoy being truly nasty are already aware that bullying is not approved of by adults... they just get sneakier how they do it (rumors, internet, etc. instead of when adults are looking). We can try to teach others right from wrong, but all we can control is our own behavior.

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this: Today I was heading to Richmond on I-64 and my "low fuel" light came on in the car. The very next exit, which I took, was the one that you would take to go to the Downtown Mall in Charlottesville. At the end of the exit ramp, there was a tall "spotlight" and two stationary VSP cars with lights flashing, blocking off portions of the road. If Jesse Matthews drove HG from the Downtown Mall to Route 29 (which is how you would travel to Old Lynchburg Road), this is the exit/entrance area that he would have taken. I was wondering if perhaps they were looking for something that HG may have thrown out of the car (or maybe she tried to escape and something fell out of the car?), as JM would have had to slow down a bit on the entrance ramp. Pure speculation on my part.

Sorry, a bit O/T.

Gil Harrington is truly remarkable. Against all odds and logic - given the absolutely horrific murder of her precious Morgan - she exhibits grace, strength, generosity, tenacity, and intellectual and spiritual acuity. What a great example of a woman and a human being.

Agreed!

My first post.. :)
But would you go into that beat up orange car? I'm sorry, that is no taxi. LOL (unless he forced her, once they got to the car)

Welcome! That's a great point, but since she hadn't seen the car at this point I think he could've got away with telling her anything. I think he was the sort of horrible character who could pull it off, making her feel comfortable. By the time her instinct kicked in, which I'm sure it did, it was probably far too late against the beast that JM is.

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this: Today I was heading to Richmond on I-64 and my "low fuel" light came on in the car. The very next exit, which I took, was the one that you would take to go to the Downtown Mall in Charlottesville. At the end of the exit ramp, there was a tall "spotlight" and two stationary VSP cars with lights flashing, blocking off portions of the road. If Jesse Matthews drove HG from the Downtown Mall to Route 29 (which is how you would travel to Old Lynchburg Road), this is the exit/entrance area that he would have taken. I was wondering if perhaps they were looking for something that HG may have thrown out of the car (or maybe she tried to escape and something fell out of the car?), as JM would have had to slow down a bit on the entrance ramp. Pure speculation on my part.

Not sure if that is also the exit you would take to get to a football game at UVA, but they were playing UNC there this afternoon. Around here, when UNC or Duke is playing, state highway patrol officers are stationed at main roads and intersections around the arenas for traffic control.

ETA..the game started about 12:15, so traffic control officers would probably have been in place by 10:00ish if it is like it is around here. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth