Heart Shaped Sticker And Duct Tape #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for answering my question about the heart being on the outside or the inside. This is great police work, finding that adhesive residue, and then the sticker itself.

Since this isn't the right thread to debate how long the body was in the trunk...I won't. I still say you are mistaken about this point. Maybe we should take it to the correct thread. Let me find it!

No, you're mistaken. You don't understand the tech behind it. This is what the LIBS does - it pinpoints time of death, which is why they're working on a portable LIBS which they can take to the crime scene - they can measure organic and inorganic material and the exact rate at which it decays.

Secondly, you're the one who made the big deal out of the 2. 6 days, my POINT was that she had that amount of time to stage and restage the crime.

thanks all for clearing up the sticker question for me.

Seems that if LE stated the hair was stuck to the duct tape at both sides I'm taking that to mean the tape just went from say ear to ear, not around the back of the head...otherwise, I think they would have said the hair was stuck to the tape around the sides and back of the head...they are still being a little vague about that.

I honestly can't even stand to look at KC on TV anymore or especially listen to her voice...I am having a complete revulsion to her right now.

It indicates that a body 2.6 days into decomposition was in the trunk at the last chemical signature. We don't know if she was somewhere for a day and then in the trunk for a day and half or what variation of possibilities. She may have been there for the whole 2.6 days, we don't know. We can tell she didn't decompose somewhere else for say 7-14 days and then go into the trunk.

That's what I have always thought. That at the point in which the 'bag' leaked that poor Caylee's body was at 2.6 days stage of decomposition. We don't have any idea how long she was in the trunk before or after that 'leak' do we? Am I wrong in my thinking? (won't be the first time :waitasec:)

Someone mentioned they saw where it indicated hair was caught "between" pieces of the duct tape tho. This is what I am still looking for.
That makes sense. I don't want to argue but the warrant says "he noticed that the tape was attached both ends to the child's hair" sounds like two distict ends of tape. I don't like to think this wat but if I was doing the taping I would go right round and end tape on tape.

Here is the section of the search warrant that describes the duct tape, the sticker residue and the actual sticker.

picture.php

Hi websleuths,
I'm a forensic major here in CT at UNH and took classes at the henry lee institue. My final was on Duct tape. Duct tape is tri-layered consisting of a polyethylene film, a scrim fabric, and an adhesive layer. In lab we used Steromicroscopy which examine the color, width, and patterns. SEM/EDS - Investigates filler and other inorganic content. You can tell looking under a microscope at the tear marks to see if was cut, torn, or scissors was use. Each type of Duct tape has a certain amount of fabric per inch on the sticky side. When gathering fingerprints you can use wetwop, or Ninhydrin. It might be other fibers on the duct tape as in casey's shirt. Sorry for chatting so much

thanks all for clearing up the sticker question for me.

Seems that if LE stated the hair was stuck to the duct tape at both sides I'm taking that to mean the tape just went from say ear to ear, not around the back of the head...otherwise, I think they would have said the hair was stuck to the tape around the sides and back of the head...they are still being a little vague about that.

I honestly can't even stand to look at KC on TV anymore or especially listen to her voice...I am having a complete revulsion to her right now.
I am increasingly sickened by video and pics of all of them. Extremely saddened by shots of Caylee, so its a strain to keep viewing all this stuff to find "clues"

Hi websleuths,
I'm a forensic major here in CT at UNH and took classes at the henry lee institue. My final was on Duct tape. Duct tape is tri-layered consisting of a polyethylene film, a scrim fabric, and an adhesive layer. In lab we used Steromicroscopy which examine the color, width, and patterns. SEM/EDS - Investigates filler and other inorganic content. You can tell looking under a microscope at the tear marks to see if was cut, torn, or scissors was use. Each type of Duct tape has a certain amount of fabric per inch on the sticky side. When gathering fingerprints you can use wetwop, or Ninhydrin. It might be other fibers on the duct tape as in casey's shirt. Sorry for chatting so much

Thanks and Welcome To WS! Boy, your input will be awesome!

Hi websleuths,

Wow 203 thanks for that information. If the duct tape had been subjected to water and weather conditions for a period of time could fingerprints still be gathered?

Hi websleuths,
Thank you and welcome.
We could do with the odd person who knows what he is talking about.
I am sure there is a lot more info on the duct tape to come. Stand by to enlighten us.
In the meanst while feel free to comment on aspects you have no special knowledge in. That's what most of us do.

Hi websleuths,

True or False.

You can expect to find fingerprints after the tape has been underwater for a long time?

Allegedly, the tape was underwater for a long time. If true, it's hard to conceive any chemical analysis that related to possible breathing would be considered reliable evidence by the court. However, if prosecutors did have such tests performed (and they did not hide that fact to the extent that the defense would not find out), I highly suspect that the results would work against prosecutors and for the defense.
An alive Caylee would struggle and the adhesive side of the duct tape would show tooth or lip marks--maybe even blood.

Underwater won't make a bit of difference to the adhesive side of duct tape. Even Dr. Baden concedes that.

What part of signs of an alive Caylee struggling for her life and to breathe is going to work in the favor of the defense????

Hi websleuths,

Great Post, I never thought about other fiber's being on the tape. Now that would be fantastic if that was the case.

Since this isn't the right thread to debate how long the body was in the trunk...I won't. I still say you are mistaken about this point. Maybe we should take it to the correct thread. Let me find it!

PAGE 14, Forensic report released on Novmber 6, 2008 -

2.6 days of decomposition in the trunk - due to mulitple factors, heat, sodium

All the trunk forensics are there for you to see for yourself

Here is the section of the search warrant that describes the duct tape, the sticker residue and the actual sticker.

picture.php

Thanks for finding that! It does still leave whether the tape was wrapped all the way (or almost) around the skull or just from side to side open for interpretation, doesn't it? Or is it just me?

Thanks for finding that! It does still leave whether the tape was wrapped all the way (or almost) around the skull or just from side to side open for interpretation, doesn't it? Or is it just me?

Possibly but "attached on both ends" to me indicates that perhaps the duct tape had two actual ends that weren't adjoining to one another. However, still open to ones interpretation.

Duct tape is designed to repair and strengthen while creating a water-tight seal - duct tapes have various levels of poly cloth strength (utility, medium, high, and premium) and all are equipped with a strong, natural rubber adhesive

Duct tape is industrial strength - depending on what kind of duct tape was used - we might find more on that tape then we think

ALSO everyone keeps passing over the pull up that was found - IF that pull was worn by Caylee at the time of death - she could have urniate or deficated in it, even dry, wet, etc. forensics can pull it from the pull up WHICH could tell us if there were drugs involved

This was not released, it could be a vital piece of evidence - which would be considered part of the autopsy results and will not be released prior to trial

IF these two items are very damaging to Casey - the State could try to cut a deal with Casey, again - 'this is what we have, this is what will most likely happen at trial, this is the sentence you could get - here's a deal, make a confession and your sentence will be this, etc.'

It also will not look good if the pull-ups are from the same box as those found in Casey's car or the Anthony home.

Like the heart-shaped sticker, the little horses and the Pooh blanket, I agree that the pull-ups will be important evidence that will tie Casey to Caylee's dead bod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro