TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an article or maybe even tweets out there somewhere that said that she was detained immediately, and they used the unrelated charges (driving without a license, suspension, failing to update name/address, etc) to keep her while they waited for a warrant. I can't seem to find that at the moment, maybe someone else can remember where that was posted?

I am confident that she was not alone with the baby once CPS and/or LE showed up. JMO
thank goodness. I missed that in all of Thursday nights chaos.

I do wonder if it was easier for MF to fool Tim and maybe even LE because it seems to me that they only spoke to her on the phone? Even the other friends she was speaking to, I don't recall anyone saying they saw her since Heidi went missing, only talking to her on the phone.

Police do not know where HB was murdered. As MF has not yet been charged with the death of HB, there's the possibility that she will face Capital Murder and face a potential death penalty.

Megan is going to face the death penalty. Committing a major felony like kidnapping, which is a pretty serious criminal charge, in combination of murder, (Strangulation can be shown to be first degree murder, ie pre meditative intent to kill the person) means this is a Capital Murder case. Most Capital Punishment cases are when a murder is committed during a major felony, (killing a security guard during a bank robbery, for example)

What I am curious, is who will also be charged, if there is anyone else involved. and what will be the charges. If anyone helped Megan in this psychotic scheme of hers, they will face countless criminal charges..

The car seat is inside? One, I thought it was upstairs, and two, did HB willingly go without putting Margot in a car seat?

It looks like the infant carseat base is still in the car. I'm sure this is what was meant. Infant seats have a base you leave in the car and the actual seat releases so it can be used to carry baby to and from car.

The car seat is inside? One, I thought it was upstairs, and two, did HB willingly go without putting Margot in a car seat?

Eta : The car seat base was in the car --the car seat itself in the apt. So Heidi and baby made it back home for a brief moment. :(

But also --it's hard to imagine Heidi getting into someone's car without the babyseat.
That's an essential thing to take when you have a baby-- along with the diaper bag, etc.

So-- did MF use a weapon to force Heidi into the car ?
As in-- she pulled up to the apt. after a phone call/text ; then brandish a gun or knife after Heidi came up to the car window-- whilst holding Margo ?
That seems like (the possible upgraded) charges will be very severe. As it should be.

I thought it was upstairs in the apt., too.

But also --it's hard to imagine Heidi getting into a car without the babyseat.
That's an essential thing to take when you have a baby-- along with the diaper bag, etc.

As in-- she pulled up to the apt. after a phone call/text ; then brandish a gun or knife after Heidi came up to the car window-- whilst holding Margo ?
That seems like (the possible upgraded) charges will be very severe. As it should be.
That's exactly why I want to know more about that video (if one exists). Who carried Margo down the stairs and put her in the car? If it was MF, I think we know how she controlled Heidi.

Interesting, is when I saw the presser, they said the order was the person was detained on the front lawn, then the warrant, and then the baby was obtained. And we know the baby was obtained later that evening so who was with the baby during that time that they were doing the search warrant? Or was that just a mix-up of the timeline by the media. Or was there somebody else in the house?

I don't really recall what was said in the press conference, but I do think it took some time for the warrant, and I do not think they would leave the baby in the home alone for all of that time. JMO There are also reports out there that said she placed the baby in a swing when LE arrived. Eventually we will know more about the chain of events.

I wasn't able to quote a few of the previous threads comments about the location of death being listed as the trunk of the vehicle and the possibility of that. My daughter in law came into town last night, she is a forensic anthropologist, so I have been picking her brain all morning over this case. Obviously there are more scenarios than we could even image, and only a ME report will answer those for us as time goes on. And they will know the degree of any pre and post mortem injuries, etc... I just pray HB didn't suffer for days in that trunk until she was too weak to fight. As with the other cases I've followed on WS, I want the answers now. But with my trust in LE, I'm learning how to practice patience until LE releases the information they want us to know without jeopardizing the case.

IIRC the "crime scene" in murder cases is usually simply the place the body is located

There may be up to 3 actual crime scenes i.e.

1. The point of abduction
2. The murder location
3. The dumping ground

So in this case the body is probably found in location 2.5 between the murder scene and the dumping location.

So the trunk becomes the crime scene

Eta : The car seat base was in the car --the car seat itself in the apt. So Heidi and baby made it back home for a brief moment. :(

But also --it's hard to imagine Heidi getting into someone's car without the babyseat.

Or was MF holding the baby and threatening her in some way? That wouldn't necessarily show on the video.

Interesting - I've never seen that here on a property tax record. It's not on mine. Listing prices are on places like realtor.com, but they never say what they sell for. Or on the houses I've looked at the history on, there's no number next to sold.

In my county, in Washington, the County Assessor-Treasurer's office and online data bases contain a properties tax/sales records. You can pull up an address and see the county valuations, real estate taxes owed/paid and who the current owner is, but it is just that information, no actual photocopies of documents relating to the property.

It is a different department, the County Auditor's department that records and maintains an online database for recorded legal instruments and documents, such as mortgage paperwork, and other real estate legal docs.

Maybe we've been looking in the wrong database. MOO.

You know I’m not sure. Based on prior similar cases competency didn’t come up IIRC. And she didn’t seem insane in the video of her at the traffic hearing. Crying but not out of her mind.

She’s a liar. Disturbed. But unless something develops between now and prelim, I don’t know. I don’t think she will be able to delay proceedings based on a lack of competency. I guess we will see.

As to an insanity defense, which is different, I’m positive that dog won’t hunt. A person can be deranged. Psychotic. Insane. A total disturbed ghoul. And still not qualify for the insanity defense which is typically extremely narrowly restricted.

FWIW, I haven’t gone through the attorney verification process here but agree with your legal analysis. Though there have been womb raider cases that have qualified for NGRI, in this particular instance, she’s likely disqualified herself by carefully choosing the items from the the registry, posting the registry, things she’s said to friends, driving several hours and then trying to still convince CPS and friends the baby was hers, and trying to clear her tracks with reporters.

I do wonder if it was easier for MF to fool Tim and maybe even LE because it seems to me that they only spoke to her on the phone? Even the other friends she was speaking to, I don't recall anyone saying they saw her since Heidi went missing, only talking to her on the phone.
one thing's for sure, she is a sociopath to be able to talk to Tim and everyone else.
<modsnip - speculation not based on fact>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members