TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I’m not sure. Based on prior similar cases competency didn’t come up IIRC. And she didn’t seem insane in the video of her at the traffic hearing. Crying but not out of her mind.

She’s a liar. Disturbed. But unless something develops between now and prelim, I don’t know. I don’t think she will be able to delay proceedings based on a lack of competency. I guess we will see.

As to an insanity defense, which is different, I’m positive that dog won’t hunt. A person can be deranged. Psychotic. Insane. A total disturbed ghoul. And still not qualify for the insanity defense which is typically extremely narrowly restricted.
Happy to hear that the insanity defense is hopefully unlikely.

Sorry if someone has already posted this...what MF’s attorney has to say is pretty interesting coming from a father and the husband of wife he has seen carry 2 babies. JMO.
At least her (former) attorney noted that she didn't show any signs whatsoever of being mentally ill/incompetent when he worked with her earlier this year.

Given the changes in her physical appearance, I'm openly speculating that she may have been taking steroids/male-type hormones to create the needed changes in her physical appearance to pass herself off as pregnant.

Weight gain, facial changes and hair loss all fit with steroid use/abuse.

JMO.

FWIW, I haven’t gone through the attorney verification process here but agree with your legal analysis. Though there have been womb raider cases that have qualified for NGRI, in this particular instance, she’s likely disqualified herself by carefully choosing the items from the the registry, posting the registry, things she’s said to friends, driving several hours and then trying to still convince CPS and friends the baby was hers, and trying to clear her tracks with reporters.
FWIW, I haven’t gone through the attorney verification process either. Apparently, watching Law and Order doesn’t technically make one an attorney (which I think is absurd).

But I digress. If she’s legally insane, then no one is legally sane. This was premeditated, executed according to plan, and diabolical.

Atleast that’s what renounced District Attorney Jack McCoy would argue.

Heidi left without her purse, Margos diaper bag, or her carrier. IMO, regardless of how it appears on video, it wasn't willingly. I'd like to know if the video shows Margo being put in a carseat and by who, Heidi or MF? That would tell us something!

Agree it seems strange that Heidi didn’t have any baby gear with her as evidenced by it all being left behind when she went missing.

Maybe MF just asked her to sit in the car and “talk” but then took off. I just wonder what rouse MF concocted in showing up early on a Thursday morning 2.5 hours from her home.

That's exactly why I want to know more about that video (if one exists). Who carried Margo down the stairs and put her in the car? If it was MF, I think we know how she controlled Heidi.
Remember her mom saying HB would never go out without Baby Margo/t in her carrier, and something about the Incedent? I can't recall correctly exactly what all she said. I bet that's what the arguement was about that the neighbor heard. It must have had to do with Baby Margo,and the carrier. This makes me think MF had a concealed weapon on her to get Heidi to go with her.
MOO

BBM:

So, this news is really interesting.

While video shows HB getting into MF's car "willingly," I can't imagine that she was "willingly" planning to go all the way to Houston to hang out at MF's house.

I'm wondering if MF had a baby seat in the back of her vehicle or not.
Also wondering: Was MF's imaginary kid a newborn on Dec. 12th, or was MF way "overdue" at that point?

Because HB got in the vehicle willingly, I'm thinking MF came up w/ some ruse related to a girls' day out, something along the lines of heading out to do some Christmas shopping, running baby-related errands together, visiting her new imaginary baby in the hospital, asking HB to accompany her to an OB/Gyn appointment b/c she was "overdue," etc.

It was obviously some sort of deceptive ploy that got HB into the vehicle.

Question becomes: what means did MF use to keep her in that vehicle?
I'm thinking a weapon was pointed at her.
Most likely gun.

JMO.
Call me crazy, but I'm thinking no matter what happened in that car, normal driving, erratic driving, word spewing, crazy stuff coming out of the mouth of her so called good friend....whatever was going on.... HB was probably thinking one thing... stay calm and protect her baby in that car at all costs.

Wondering if you can provide a link so this can be verified as fact?
Sure. Follow these instructions.

1. Go to this link https://dshs.texas.gov/vs/marriagedivorce/dindex.shtm
2. Click on the entry for 2011. A zip file will download.
3. Unzip the file. There will be a 11.5 MB text file.
4. Open the text file.
5. Search for "fieramusca"

You will find the following entry (ex-husband's first name redacted by me for this post):

"095579" "FIERAMUSCA **** " "35 " "MAGAN ROSE " "25 " "00" "09/27/2005" "09/27/2011" "101" "HARRIS"

Heidi left without her purse, Margos diaper bag, or her carrier. IMO, regardless of how it appears on video, it wasn't willingly. I'd like to know if the video shows Margo being put in a carseat and by who, Heidi or MF? That would tell us something!
Possibly someone has already offered this scenario, but could MF have asked Heidi to get into the car for a minute while they talked, perhaps feigning discomfort or just wanting to hold the baby or discuss breastfeeding? You wouldn't need the car seat for that...And then taken off? But HOW would she have KEPT Heidi in the car?
And one thing I'm not clear on : from Heidi's viewpoint, had Maaaygen's baby already been born? Or no?

Sure. Follow these instructions.

1. Go to this link https://dshs.texas.gov/vs/marriagedivorce/dindex.shtm
2. Click on the entry for 2011. A zip file will download.
3. Unzip the file. There will be a 11.5 MB text file.
4. Open the text file.
5. Search for "fieramusca"

You will find the following entry (ex-husband's first name redacted by me for this post):

"095579" "FIERAMUSCA **** " "35 " "MAGAN ROSE " "25 " "00" "09/27/2005" "09/27/2011" "101" "HARRIS"

WOW!!! Great sleuthing Jethro4WS!!!!!!!!!

I don't really recall what was said in the press conference, but I do think it took some time for the warrant, and I do not think they would leave the baby in the home alone for all of that time. JMO There are also reports out there that said she placed the baby in a swing when LE arrived. Eventually we will know more about the chain of events.
From @CrimeDawg123's most excellent transcript:

As the week progressed, this current week, a lead was generated that created a location of interest in the Houston area, in Harris County. Federal, state, and local resources deployed to that area of Harris County and began to investigate a resident there. Ultimately those investigators encountered an individual outside of that resident who was detained on Thursday December 19th, 2019. As the evening progressed a search warrant was issued for property on at that residence, both vehicles and the residence. Those search warrants were signed and were carried out by the Austin Police Department, Department of Public Safety, and with assistance from the Federal Bureau of Investigation as we conducted those searches.

During that search we located a baby who is currently safe, currently healthy, currently in the care of Child Protective Services. That child's visual appearance is consistent with that of baby Margot. As the search continued, officers located a deceased adult female on the property. And as Chief Manley said earlier, early indications would lead us to believe that that is Heidi.

TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019*MEDIA, MAPS,TIMELINE-NO DISCUSSION

FWIW, I haven’t gone through the attorney verification process either. Apparently, watching Law and Order doesn’t technically make one an attorney (which I think is absurd).

But I digress. If she’s legally insane, then no one is legally sane. This was premeditated, executed according to plan, and diabolical.

Hahahhaha! I just meant I haven’t gone through the verification process to prove it because I don’t practice criminal law (dabbled briefly when I was young and was like NOPE!); I don’t have even daily Law and Order knowledge! :p I can link you to what law I do instead and you’d be like, “yeah, I can see why you do that instead, that sounds a lot more fun!”

The biggest thing that is a kicker to me is this where she’s trying to keep open a door with the investigator to keep the info flow open.

Last edited:
I just wonder what rouse MF concocted in showing up early on a Thursday morning 2.5 hours from her home.

Really. Possibly the two made plans the previous evening?
If SC called MF, all she would need to do is say “I dropped her off at.......”. Apparently he would not have reason to think she was lying since she was a bestie to Heidi.
I bet MF though Tammy would never leave. That must have been excruciating for her to not be able to get to Margo for the weeks Tammy stayed in Austin.

Megan is going to face the death penalty. Committing a major felony like kidnapping, which is a pretty serious criminal charge, in combination of murder, (Strangulation can be shown to be first degree murder, ie pre meditative intent to kill the person) means this is a Capital Murder case. Most Capital Punishment cases are when a murder is committed during a major felony, (killing a security guard during a bank robbery, for example)

Possible she will take a plea to avoid a trial--life without parole.

Hahahhaha! I just meant I haven’t gone through the verification process to prove it because I don’t practice criminal law (dabbled briefly when I was young and was like NOPE!); I don’t even daily Law and Order knowledge! :p I can link you to what law I do instead and you’d be like, “yeah, I can see why you do that instead, that sounds a lot more fun!”

The biggest thing that is a kicker to me is this where she’s trying to keep open a door with the investigator to keep the info flow open.
Ha! I knew what you were saying.

Yeah, she was digging for information, and I am convinced that she would have thrown shade at SC if given the opportunity. She knew which way the wind was blowing, and would have made accusations of her own.

Her keeping Tim Miller on the phone, said a lot.

Agree it seems strange that Heidi didn’t have any baby gear with her as evidenced by it all being left behind when she went missing.

Maybe MF just asked her to sit in the car and “talk” but then took off. I just wonder what rouse MF concocted in showing up early on a Thursday morning 2.5 hours from her home.
Good point!

Remember her mom saying HB would never go out without Baby Margo/t in her carrier, and something about the Incedent? I can't recall correctly exactly what all she said. I bet that's what the arguement was about that the neighbor heard. It must have had to do with Baby Margo,and the carrier. This makes me think MF had a concealed weapon on her to get Heidi to go with her.
MOO

Great point about what her mom said. Her mom also said something about how Heidi would never walk down the stairs with the baby not in the carrier. It seemed odd to me but what if Heidi coming down the stairs is part of the video and, as some have speculated, her mom saw before giving this interview?

I think MF called Heidi from the parking lot and Heidi didn't think a thing about coming downstairs with only her phone and the baby. She may have popped into the car and MF took control from there. Knocked her out someway, then secured her and took off. Very curious as to what LE has pieced together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444