TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New article with some interesting new info:
  • DNA tests could confirm as soon as Monday if a baby found inside a Houston-area home belongs to murdered Austin mother Heidi Broussard.
  • CPS says investigators are waiting on DNA results before filing homicide charges.
  • Law enforcement sources told ABC13 Fieramusca was adamant the baby was hers.
  • Neighbors and her former attorney said Fieramusca appeared to be pregnant recently.
  • Authorities have not found another baby.

I don't understand what the DNA results of the child has to do with her being charged with murder. They already charged her with kidnapping the baby, but they can't charge her with murder?

Thanks for the response. Last night I cleared my browser history including cookies but nothing. Kinda annoying having to use my smartphone for just this. Yea I know. First world problem.
Could you try specifically logging out and back into WS? One time on my kindle fire I banned a site by accident. Also, on my kindle, I have google installed as well as the crummy browser that comes with the kindle as a default, so sometimes I just have to use a different browser on the tablet to get into sites.

Last edited:
How can they charge kidnapping until they know for sure the baby is not hers?
LE likely had enough evidence to charge her with kidnapping (video evidence and a tip) but not necessarily murder at the time of discovery. Moo

ETA:
In a disturbing twist, Broussard's close friend Magen Fieramusca was charged with two counts of kidnapping and tampering with a corpse. But no one has been charged with the murder. Investigators say more charges could be coming for the suspect as they work to determine who killed Broussard and left her in the trunk of the Fieramuscas' car, reports CBS News correspondent Mireya Villarreal.
Friend of Heidi Broussard, Austin mom found strangled, is arrested for kidnapping

Last edited:
Wondering if maybe this past year or two, MF may have gone *off* any prescribed meds she may need, to remain stable? Maybe?

Could account for her seemingly rapid decline.

Or began using them improperly.
I tend to believe CG ended their romantic relationship at some point after MF was charged with theft, giving her time to pull herself together & move from his house. I think she devised her pregnancy plot then, to continue living there. Feigning pregnancy, she could have bought time from CG, maybe hoping to rekindle their relationship and eventually claimed she miscarried. Once she discovered Heidi was pregnant, she took her plan to a whole new level. MF would not be the first woman to claim pregnancy in effort to salvage a relationship.
Moo

I don't understand what the DNA results of the child has to do with her being charged with murder. They already charged her with kidnapping the baby, but they can't charge her with murder?

That didn't make a ton of sense to me, either, but I suspect it has to do with exactly what murder charge they're aiming for. For first degree* murder, it must be intentional and premeditated. I think premeditation is in the bag, but they may want the DNA results to show intent. The murderer's intent doesn't necessarily have to be focused on the victim (i.e., you could plan to kill someone else other than the victim and kill someone you never intended to and it still counts as intent).

Texas's felony murder rule (Texas Penal Code § 19.02(b)(3)) states that a person commits murder if he: "commits or attempts to commit a felony, other than manslaughter, and in the course of and in furtherance of the commission or attempt, or in immediate flight from the commission or attempt, he commits or attempts to commit an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual."

Kidnapping is a felony. If Margo is not "Luna" and we know Heidi was murdered, that is sufficient.

Edited to add: Texas doesn't technically degree their murder, except to the extent that what is considered "first degree murder" elsewhere is just murder or capital murder there because it carries a capital sentence. The elements, however, are technically the same as other jurisdictions with 1st degree, and the kidnapping still gets us there. Here's an overview.

Last edited:
I think the test is to determine who the baby's father is, in order to place her with her family.
And wanting to present both DNA results at once, the ID of the baby and the parenthood. Can you imagine the circus if they confirmed the baby's ID then said, well later on we'll tell you who the father is. Why do that to the family? Just release it all at once. Also, if there is a man claiming to be father, maybe they want to know more about that person, to get the comparative DNA, whereabouts at the time of the crime, possible connection to MF, etc.

Last edited:
Should be noted that even prescription drugs can cause mental health side effects. The first one that comes to mind is prednisone, which is a corticosteroid. It also causes weight gain and a poofy appearance.

My husband has been on and off corticosteroids for many years, on high doses, as he would say, it "messes with your head".
Well shame on her if she took any drugs, prescribed or otherwise, while in her delicate condition!

I take prednisone off and on and had no idea about the mania side effects, good info.

And wanting to present both DNA results at once, the ID of the baby and the parenthood. Can you imagine the circus if they released the baby's ID then said, well later on we'll tell you who the father is. Why do that to the family? Just release it all at once. Also, if there are other men or a man claiming to be father, maybe they want to know more about that person, to get the comparative DNA, etc.
I hope today concludes ID/paternity so Margo can be out of foster care. Poor thing, she’s been thru so much and will once again be uprooted when she’s removed from foster care. Moo

'The family is overwhelmed with grief' | Mom of Heidi Broussard grateful for community's support
"Police believe Fieramusca may have had help". I do too. How else could she have pulled this off. Really. Get Heidi,and Baby in car, drive and strangle her. All by herself?
MOO

And I think it's a valid question, if she did have help, as to how that person or persons would benefit from such an evil act, and a very risky one at that. It's always shocking when there are "partners in crime" and as I said earlier, the list of benefits gets skinny after money, sex or just mutual depravity.

I hope there's some resolution with little Margo soon. She needs stability.

Well shame on her if she took any drugs, prescribed or otherwise, while in her delicate condition!

I take prednisone off and on and had no idea about the mania side effects, good info.
Don’t want to look it up right now to quote but it’s out there. So this is moo. The mania/rage symptoms occur with high dose steroid use which is often used to treatment many autoimmune and neurological disorders/flares.

Maybe murder charges stacked on today, after Margo’s test results are recorded?
I hope Margo doesn’t have to spend her first Xmas in a foster home.

I think they'll wait until at least the DNA results are in. The prosecutor has to be very careful and weigh all the law before bringing a charge (measure twice, shoot once). Even more so when coupled with kidnapping, because of something called 'the merger doctrine,' which means that the kidnapping must be separate from the murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13