GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM I agree and I think you could also add " " around BF's truck as that isn't a proven fact either.

Exactly. Those two points (headlights vanish and bf truck) are not sure. If we take them out we have dog found - clothing found - car found in a straight line. I bet somewhere on that line we can soon add 'body found'.

Could she have been thrown in the ocean? Where on this route from Hana to Haiku are spots where you can drop a body in the water?
I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. Clothes removed so that shredded clothing would not be found. Last year a nude pregnant girl was strangled and thrown into the ocean on the Big Island. I think it was just pure luck that a fisherman's lines snagged her body shortly after because there were sharks in the area. Her bf was found months later hanging from a tree with a written confession.
HI - KALAPANA - Brittany Jane Royal, 25-Murdered, Suspect Boaz Johnson Found Deceased - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

On the Facebook page her little sister, Paedra 16 years old, just announced that the baby she is carrying is a little boy. Charli didn't want to know yet. So heartbreaking. Now they are looking for charli and her unborn baby to be named Joshua Aiden Scott. Hoping more than ever they get answers today

I appreciated these 2 video newscasts!

KHON2 news report with video posted Fri at 10:29pm:

http://khon2.com/2014/02/14/new-evidence-found-in-missing-maui-woman-search/

KHON2 news report with video posted Fri at 3:37pm:

http://khon2.com/2014/02/14/search-continues-on-maui-after-missing-womans-clothes-found/

I'll put these links on the other thread too.

It's about time. I wonder when and if they are going to search the ex-bf's home. For all we know she never made it out of there.

As a local, he knew all the convenient places to discard whatever he needed to. The clothing, the vehicle, the body. All of it seems so contrived and planned.

Maui police confirm torched car belongs to missing woman

http://khon2.com/2014/02/13/maui-police-confirm-torched-car-belongs-to-missing-woman/

hx7k1y.jpg

Her SUV looks like it was stripped before it was torched. No doors or wheels. I read on FB that they are looking for the missing parts of the vehicle. It does make me wonder of the timing. If someone purposely hurt Charli, would they take the time to strip a car and torch it, just to cover their tracks. It's no easy job to remove doors and wheels. While I'm giving the boyfriend a big side-eye, I hate to pin anything on him just yet, even as odd as he comes across.

Her SUV looks like it was stripped before it was torched. No doors or wheels. I read on FB that they are looking for the missing parts of the vehicle. It does make me wonder of the timing. If someone purposely hurt Charli, would they take the time to strip a car and torch it, just to cover their tracks. It's no easy job to remove doors and wheels. While I'm giving the boyfriend a big side-eye, I hate to pin anything on him just yet, even as odd as he comes across.

I just had a weird thought. . .what if the perp just left the car there, and then made an anonymous phone call to someone they knew would be down there in a hot second to strip and burn an abandoned car? Hmmm. . .

ETA- The car strippers would be reluctant to report that, I would think for obvious reasons. . .and especially now that the car is tied to a missing pregnant woman.

Thanks hambirg, I reread the article, and deleted my post while you were posting, lol. Old eyes...

I just had a weird thought. . .what if the perp just left the car there, and then made an anonymous phone call to someone they knew would be down there in a hot second to strip and burn an abandoned car? Hmmm. . .

ETA- The car strippers would be reluctant to report that, I would think for obvious reasons. . .and especially now that the car is tied to a missing pregnant woman.

I had the same exact thought. Since this activity seems to be well known, and especially in that area.

Interesting, as well, the ex-bf during his interview says this:
"Mileka: "What do you think about the fact that the car was found torched and on its side?"
Steven: "I'm not really sure what to think about that yet."
Mileka: "Is that a problem area?"
Steven: "I mean, probably. Did they say that was the only car torched and flipped over, 'cause that's a load of crap. There's like a dozen of them down there.
Mileka: "Oh, really? So this is something that happens in that area a lot? I don't know -- that's why I'm asking."
Steven: "Yeah, Peahi is a pretty bad notorious area for people who steal cars to go and ditch them. "

[Mileka - interviewer, Steven - Ex-bf]
Source: http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/...yfriend-of-missing-pregnant-maui-woman-speaks

BBM I agree and I think you could also add " " around BF's truck as that isn't a proven fact either.

Agreed. I had originally marked that spot as Last Ping, because I read on the first page of this thread that Charli's phone last pinged at Mile Marker 20, according to her mom. I couldn't find independent verification of that, though, so I changed the label to Ex-BF's Car, which was also supposedly at Mile Marker 20.

The scattered clothes, dog somewhere else, car somewhere else ... it reminds me of the Whitney Heichel case. The perp also scattered her belongings throughout the city and left her car in yet another place, while dumping her body in an entirely different location.

What about her phone? Has it been found? Is it switched off? I might have missed that piece of information.

She has been missing for a week now. She has no clothes on apparently and is 5 months pregnant. I don't see how this can end well :( At this point I'm 100% sure there is foul play involved.

Could she have been thrown in the ocean? Where on this route from Hana to Haiku are spots where you can drop a body in the water?

I've thought about the water as well. There are probably a zillion nooks and crannies where one might hide a body along the coast, but I'm wondering if the tide was coming in or going out when Charli disappeared.

Surely officers had Steven do a reenactment of what happened? You know, take him for a drive with them, show them the exact spot where his truck was stalled. I would think that would be very helpful rather than just telling them or writing a statement.

Here is a mile marker map of Maui. If you click on the dots it tells you what mile it is. Wish it had labels for towns and attractions. Maybe it does but I haven't figured that out yet.

http://geocommons.com/maps/7371

But is that the vehicle in the location it was found? If not, then I wouldn't bet on the doors being gone: whoever torched it doused it with gasoline or something else very very flammable - that vehicle burned for a long time at a high temperature. I bet the tires/wheels melted off, and the door bolts also melted or weakened. If it was towed by LE, they may have removed the doors for transporting it so that they didn't fall off along the way. Also LE (hopefully) bagged any and all ashes left behind by the seats, etc, burning. So that may be why it's clean.

Just my thoughts. :)

But is that the vehicle in the location it was found? If not, then I wouldn't bet on the doors being gone: whoever torched it doused it with gasoline or something else very very flammable - that vehicle burned for a long time at a high temperature. I bet the tires/wheels melted off, and the door bolts also melted or weakened. If it was towed by LE, they may have removed the doors for transporting it so that they didn't fall off along the way. Also LE (hopefully) bagged any and all ashes left behind by the seats, etc, burning. So that may be why it's clean.

Just my thoughts. :)

BBM
Very good point. I went back and looked at video and...

http://khon2.com/2014/02/13/maui-police-confirm-torched-car-belongs-to-missing-woman/

Look at the car around the :25 second mark. It shows the doors still on.

BBM
Very good point. I went back and looked at video and...

Look at the car around the :25 second mark. It shows the doors still on.

From your article: "There are a number of junked cars in this isolated area near the “Jaws” surf site"

The vehicle at :25 is a white SUV. Not Charli's 1997 silver Toyota 4Runner. Really, her car was stripped before it was torched. :seeya:

Edit to amend. I jumped to conclusions. The photos of her Toy with the doors removed are from the police lot. I don't know if it was stripped before it burnt. Sorry for the confusion.

From your article: "There are a number of junked cars in this isolated area near the “Jaws” surf site"

The vehicle at :25 is a white SUV. Not Charli's 1997 silver Toyota 4Runner. Really, her car was stripped before it was torched. :seeya:

Thank you for that info. How confusing though!

Just checking in. I only have a few minutes and didn't have time to check all the posts since last night. Sorry if I'm reposting something that was already shared. But here is an interview with Charli's Mom that talks about some of the evidence that has been found, how the evidence was moved by the younger sister, how Nala is being used in the search, etc.

I get the impression LE isn't keeping the family very informed with the investigation. Not surprised, honestly. {sigh}.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIqjYZqzPUs

As for the car, there are several different torched cars at Jaws, I've noticed the media have used several photos of different vehicles that aren't necessarily Charli's. The one photo that shows a young female and male sifting through burnt debris with a vehicle next to them, my understanding is that is not Charli's vehicle, but her vehicle was nearby and the photo was taken after LE removed her vehicle. Her vehicle was found shortly after dark Wednesday night and I'm pretty sure nobody was allowed into the area during daylight hours (the next morning) before it was removed by LE. Any photos of the burnt vehicle that are out there, aren't likely to be from Jaws. I think Belimom makes a very valid point about the possibility of the doors being removed by LE. The photo of Charli's car without the doors was not taken at Jaws (if I remember correctly, there is a fence behind the vehicle in the photo, and there are no fences like that out at Jaws - it's nothing but old pineapple fields and red dirt, then the ocean). I would be willing to bet the only photos we see of Charli's vehicle were taken AFTER LE recovered the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeptemberDaffodil