GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found it. It's his name then actually says "impersonator".
Someone is really taunting him. The sis has "liked" a few posts. She is awesome.
The Unofficial Breakdown page is gone.

BBM
His identity was outed by VY on the mauinow.com article linked up thread. Maybe that's why he deleted the page.

If I may... some of the scenarios being discussed on this board are outrageous. The island is small in terms of community. My husband lost something very valuable (it was stolen) and he didn't even worry about it because his words, "it's an island, it'll come back around." And it did! Not even 2 months later, friends of friends spotted his property on the back of a random truck.

My point is, LE is not covering up or involved in some conspiracy. The island has limited resources and you have to keep in mind, they may not have met the criteria for the FBI to be involved. Mo's boyfriend left the island(s) because he couldn't take the heat. Trust me, if SC is involved in her disappearance, no stoner paid off with stolen parts is going hold on to something like this. People talk.

Let's hope they keep talking.

Stolen truck found burned and stripped - common on Maui.
Losing a signal on the highway - common on Maui.
Hitching a ride to Paia or Haiku - all day long on Maui.
Not remembering your passenger or Good Samaritan that gave you a ride - suspicious.
Seeing a truck pitched in a ditch - everyday on Maui.
Abandoned clothes on a beach - daily on an island.

This is an island based on tourism and I can't tell you how many tourists get lost on the way to Hana and ask us for directions. True the tourists mostly stick to the resort side (Lahaina, Wailea) but they eventually tired of the hot sun and find themselves over on the other side too.

I just figured out the most logical explanation as to why he left her clothes on the beach at Nua`ailua Bay. It goes back to what Nikki Lisette posted (quoted above) back on page 20 of this thread. Abandoned clothes on a beach would not seem at all out of the ordinary. Plus, he did not want to be caught in possession of them! SC told the police that he lost sight of her headlights at Twin Falls - quite a bit farther down the highway from where her clothes were discovered! Only by a stroke of luck were they discovered by her sister who recognized them as Charli's.

The dog: was clean, not dehydrated and the dogs paws were not raw from walking a long distance.

If we assume that SC story is suspect, then we have to also consider that after Charli arrived at SC house, they never may have left. Did wrong doing take place before she got inside? After she went inside?

The dog: was clean, not dehydrated and the dogs paws were not raw from walking a long distance.

If we assume that SC story is suspect, then we have to also consider that after Charli arrived at SC house, they never may have left. Did wrong doing take place before she got inside? After she went inside?

I don't believe one word of his story. I don't think he did the deed at his house, because I know where he lives and I think he'd choose a more remote location. I think he did it at Nua`ailua Bay or Keanae, near where her clothes were found. MPD conducted a search there this past weekend, and I'm going to assume that they know more than we do. I'm also theorizing that he wanted to rid himself of the evidence quickly. He could have dropped Nala off after, assuming that he was able to keep the dog in the car while he and Charli went to the shore.

Were the blood, bone and tooth found with/on the clothes?

For some reason I was under the impression that the crime scene/evidence was on the cliffs. Was it on the shore?

For some reason I was under the impression that the crime scene/evidence was on the cliffs. Was it on the shore?

Good questions! I had to go back and review to find the mentions of blood, bone, and a tooth. The first mention was in the Q&A session with Maui PD on Feb. 18. I transcribed a piece of it:
http://mauinow.com/2014/02/18/maui-police-hold-press-conference-on-missing-persons-cases/

"If you didn’t hear it from us, it’s a rumor.”

"Q: And speaking to the evidence collected, at least what we’ve been told, and again this is not coming officially from you guys, so if this is a rumor, this would be your opportunity to tell us otherwise. Some of the evidence collected included packing tape, teeth, blood on the clothing, even maggots in some of the clothing that was discovered that has been identified as belonging to Scott. What would it take to change status from, again, missing person to suspecting foul play?

A: We would have to have evidence that connects either missing person with that clothing or with that evidence that was collected beyond just someone saying that’s a similar type of clothing or that’s the type of clothing. So yes, we are in the process of having evidence that we recovered processed so that we can get that information and once that information comes out we may, we will come out and mention a change in the classification of the investigation."

I found the second mention in the following two articles:
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20794522,00.html
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/24885045/significant-developments-in-charli-scott-case

"Maui police are waiting on the results of forensic tests conducted on several pieces of new evidence in the case of a missing pregnant woman.

Carly "Charli" Scott, who is five months pregnant, went missing on the Hawaiian island on Feb. 9, and her clothes and blanket were found days after her disappearance. Police searched the area again on Tuesday, finding her bra (which had been slashed), duct tape, a human tooth and a bone, Hawaii News Now reports."

MPD doesn't appear to have officially confirmed that blood, bone, and a human tooth were found. Note that clothing was found on 2/18, and more evidence was recovered on 3/4.

I couldn't find a reference that stated cliff or shore. I was imagining the evidence being on the shore. Hard facts in this case are sparse.

Good questions! I had to go back and review to find the mentions of blood, bone, and a tooth. The first mention was in the Q&A session with Maui PD on Feb. 18. I transcribed a piece of it:
http://mauinow.com/2014/02/18/maui-police-hold-press-conference-on-missing-persons-cases/

"If you didn’t hear it from us, it’s a rumor.”

"Q: And speaking to the evidence collected, at least what we’ve been told, and again this is not coming officially from you guys, so if this is a rumor, this would be your opportunity to tell us otherwise. Some of the evidence collected included packing tape, teeth, blood on the clothing, even maggots in some of the clothing that was discovered that has been identified as belonging to Scott. What would it take to change status from, again, missing person to suspecting foul play?

A: We would have to have evidence that connects either missing person with that clothing or with that evidence that was collected beyond just someone saying that’s a similar type of clothing or that’s the type of clothing. So yes, we are in the process of having evidence that we recovered processed so that we can get that information and once that information comes out we may, we will come out and mention a change in the classification of the investigation."

I found the second mention in the following two articles:
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20794522,00.html
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/24885045/significant-developments-in-charli-scott-case

"Maui police are waiting on the results of forensic tests conducted on several pieces of new evidence in the case of a missing pregnant woman.

Carly "Charli" Scott, who is five months pregnant, went missing on the Hawaiian island on Feb. 9, and her clothes and blanket were found days after her disappearance. Police searched the area again on Tuesday, finding her bra (which had been slashed), duct tape, a human tooth and a bone, Hawaii News Now reports."

MPD doesn't appear to have officially confirmed that blood, bone, and a human tooth were found. Note that clothing was found on 2/18, and more evidence was recovered on 3/4.
BBM: Since they have now declared it a homicide, logic tells me there was something on the clothing that connected the clothing with Charli, and/or the bone/teeth (if they exist, and it hasn't been denied) belong to Charli. When I continually see the reference to the bra being "slashed", that tells me that it was not just cut. Cut indicates to me to be a clean cut. Slashed tells me rough cut, like with a knife, or on a sharp piece of metal (caught on something and cut through) or that there are slashes in it (like in the band or the bra cup), but it is not necessarily cut through anywhere (like if a body were wearing it and it was in the bed of a truck with sharp tools rolling around-not saying that happened here or is even a theory, just a way that could happen. I've torn up tarps when I didn't get a chisel or scraper packed away properly)

BBM: Since they have now declared it a homicide, logic tells me there was something on the clothing that connected the clothing with Charli, and/or the bone/teeth (if they exist, and it hasn't been denied) belong to Charli. When I continually see the reference to the bra being "slashed", that tells me that it was not just cut. Cut indicates to me to be a clean cut. Slashed tells me rough cut, like with a knife, or on a sharp piece of metal (caught on something and cut through) or that there are slashes in it (like in the band or the bra cup), but it is not necessarily cut through anywhere (like if a body were wearing it and it was in the bed of a truck with sharp tools rolling around-not saying that happened here or is even a theory, just a way that could happen. I've torn up tarps when I didn't get a chisel or scraper packed away properly)

The word "slashed" is particularly jarring to me. It does seem to suggest a repetitive motion as opposed to "cut". It also suggests that the killer might harbor a deep hatred of women in general if he slashed her bra. Wonder if that is an accurate word or possibly irresponsible reporting. My guess is it's an
appropriate word. I also wonder if the clothes were removed before or after the murder.

Thanks for doing the research, Kapua. Guess I'm too lazy. So, it looks like we still don't know and possibly won't know for some time.

You're welcome. The blood, bone, tooth thing has been bothering me, too. I was hoping to separate fact from rumor.

Notice that the evidence retrieved so far has been near the site of the last GPS ping? Could Charli's killer have forgotten about the cell phone? I'm thinking that Charli is near there, too.

One other potential fact that I have seen only on the Find Chari Scott FB page: the last GPS ping was at Honomanu.

Edited to add: I just found another reference to the cell phone here:
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

"Carly's mother says her cell phone is still on and the last place it pinged from was along the Hana Highway near mile marker 20 Keanae."

That article was dated 2/11 and I don't know enough about cell phone technology to even guess the significance of a cell phone ping. Have there been any pings lately?

That article was dated 2/11 and I don't know enough about cell phone technology to even guess the significance of a cell phone ping. Have there been any pings lately?

In a nutshell, cell phone towers transmit and receive the wireless signal from cell phones. You can approximate a person's location by determining which tower the cell phone is "pinging". The newer cell phones may also have GPS, which uses satellites to pinpoint your exact location. So when Charli's mom says that the last ping was near mile marker 20 near Keanae, that means that Charli's cell phone last contacted the cell phone tower nearest Keanae. Knowing that helped them to find her clothes. This also means that SC lied, because her cell phone never pinged Twin Falls, where he alleges that he lost sight of her headlights.

In a nutshell, cell phone towers transmit and receive the wireless signal from cell phones. You can approximate a person's location by determining which tower the cell phone is "pinging". The newer cell phones may also have GPS, which uses satellites to pinpoint your exact location. So when Charli's mom says that the last ping was near mile marker 20 near Keanae, that means that Charli's cell phone last contacted the cell phone tower nearest Keanae. Knowing that helped them to find her clothes. This also means that SC lied, because her cell phone never pinged Twin Falls, where he alleges that he lost sight of her headlights.

Two questions.
If the cell phone is turned off, smashed or underwater would it still ping?
And excuse my lack of knowledge, can you elaborate on how this makes his story not plausible?

Two questions.
If the cell phone is turned off, smashed or underwater would it still ping?
And excuse my lack of knowledge, can you elaborate on how this makes his story not plausible?

Q1: No

Q2: So there's a network of cell towers in various locations and your phone connects with the one closest to your phone. Imagine that you are taking a road trip and you have to change the radio station when the signal gets weak. Cell phones switch towers automatically as you drive from place to place. If Charli was following SC home as he claims, her phone would have switched towers. It didn't.

I tried to google a map of cell phone towers in that area to get my bearings straight with location and distance. Had no luck. Maybe someone can find better info or confirm there is indeed cell phone towers in both of these locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne