GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find myself rereading to make sure it is Apo who is asking some of these questions. He sounds like more of a prosecutor lately.

Great catch
That's when he murdered her? Just after her phone pinged the last time.

Dunno.....he mentioned 11:00 twice regarding the night of the 8th. Once to the cops as to the time he drove up Hana Hwy to listen to his stereo and again to Cassie as the time he returned from a party. Something seared that time into his mind. Maybe there were arrangements for SC and Charli to meet someone at that time on the 9th? Will we ever know?

I find myself rereading to make sure it is Apo who is asking some of these questions. He sounds like more of a prosecutor lately.

Yes, me, too. It's a bit unnerving wondering what the weasle is up to.

I know! I'm so glad you posted this. I was thinking the same thing as I read the article, and was going to mention it. I don't see how the answers he is getting from her help SC in any way.

So would you agree you think he is a big fat liar?
Yes I would.

LOL

I did some reading on the Life 360 app. It's been improved over the last two years, but just trying to get the basic idea. It triangulates satellite data to pinpoing location. In the settings, you can select how often it pings and communicates your location, say every 15 minutes. Did not find what the default setting is.

But the important part I learned is that the app sends out these location-identifying pings at intervals, which don't really drain the battery. It's not waiting for the family to send a call or query to respond with a ping. If the phone is on, it pings.

As ftl said, the free app that Charli had does not archive the pings. It only keeps the last ping in memory. And only the people designated as in the circle of life can see the pings on their phones.

So even though they thought the phone was still going, almost certainly it was not functional after that last ping at 10:56. Smashed, thrown in river, turned off never to be powered up again (or it would have pinged). While it would be possible I guess to go in to the phone and disable the app, I doubt much that he did it because it seems as if he forgot about the phones. Otherwise he would have dealt with his own iPhone to prevent it from showing his travel out there.

Maybe he remembered after the fact and that's why he admitted to going out there with her.
I too think the jungle near Paraquat's was the real dismemberment scene due to the hacking of the tree, because, as was said above, it was the perfect really remote place to do something that awful with little chance of other people showing up, little or no chance of being overheard either. The evidence was spread out to the point it was hard to find, and was not a good fit for a staging. There was no reason to even walk into that mess other than the app pinged it.

It seems unlikely to me that he knew the app was there and used it. The well known app on iPhone is Find my iPhone, that comes with the phone. He and Charli didn't hang out together such that he would know what all apps she used.

Sorry, not trying to contradict you, Haiku people know it as Herman's (before the fence). ;)

Yes, owner is Herman Calasa. Back in the day (35 yrs ago) we called it Calasa's (I'm old, lol)

Did anyone else notice that his description here of a "black dress", that he says Charli might have been wearing, matches the description of what Taylor wore when they went out Hana road on Steven's birthday--and got stuck in the truck all night?
Lies are always best if they're composed of remembered details and events. What other parallels might comprise his fabricated story that might fill in some gaps?

Incidentally, I'm very curious as to the size of the zip ties they found. They come small and quite large--large enough to bind a body inside a blanket. I say that because, to my eyes--and granted, they weren't easy to see--the markings looked like what straps cutting into the hands of someone lifting or maneuvering something very heavy would make...across the palms and around the base of the little finger of the other hand.

Napili makes a good point about the zip ties. If he was using one as a handle to drag something heavy, he might have injured that pinky. He told a coworker that his hand was numb and had lost feeling.

Okay now I am thoroughly confused after reading the testimony.

Who was trying to get Molly from SC on the night Carly went missing? Because his girlfriend, CK, testified that she was still in Pennsylvania at the time of the alleged murder.

Okay now I am thoroughly confused after reading the testimony.

Who was trying to get Molly from SC on the night Carly went missing? Because his girlfriend, CK, testified that she was still in Pennsylvania at the time of the alleged murder.

His other ex girlfriend Taylor.

Yes, me, too. It's a bit unnerving wondering what the weasle is up to.

Apo is going to say there is a history of SC being a liar and testimony to that. So it's not out of the ordinary for him to tell this big lie he will introduce. And that he is a liar exonerates him from being the murderer.

Did anyone else notice that his description here of a "black dress", that he says Charli might have been wearing, matches the description of what Taylor wore when they went out Hana road on Steven's birthday--and got stuck in the truck all night?
Lies are always best if they're composed of remembered details and events. What other parallels might comprise his fabricated story that might fill in some gaps?

Incidentally, I'm very curious as to the size of the zip ties they found. They come small and quite large--large enough to bind a body inside a blanket. I say that because, to my eyes--and granted, they weren't easy to see--the markings looked like what straps cutting into the hands of someone lifting or maneuvering something very heavy would make...across the palms and around the base of the little finger of the other hand.

Very interesting about the zip ties and SC's hands, Napili. Definitely didn't look like a dogbite or burn marks to me. I can't "see", though, how the mark(s) would be to top of his one hand (left, I believe). Wouldn't the marks be to the back of the fingers or palms if he was dragging something heavy through the brush (as in the pinky of the right hand)?

Apo is going to say there is a history of SC being a liar and testimony to that. So it's not out of the ordinary for him to tell this big lie he will introduce. And that he is a liar exonerates him from being the murderer.

Can't imagine a jury going for that line of reasoning, HGO. :thinking:

Can't imagine a jury going for that line of reasoning, HGO. :thinking:

Not saying they'll go for it but that's the defense he'll use. Tactic, he's a known liar so lying is his norm. He lied about this and that, but oh well thats what he does. Now introduce big lie he mentioned in opening statement. Apo is trying to get the jury to believe SC in fact does lie so they buy this upcoming lie that's a big part of his defense. Why else would he encourage and bring out in cross examination that witness's think SC is a liar. He almost forces them to say it.
Age old tactic, he may be a liar but he's not a murderer.

Great catch, Napili! He sure milked that experience for his alibi...

I was more focused on the "I think I could see her shoulders" remark, and the " I didn't see her shoes, she was driving" one. Trying to be so vague and failing. His tone throughout the first two interviews is so wrong. Unconcerned, casual, chatty. In the final interview, he sounds annoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlukeBC