GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When the tall juror does not sit
And says the bloody jeans would fit
You must NOT acquit.

Having endless trouble with this site today, so excuse my posting bits of thoughts, but if I wait, the site reloads and wipes the post.

We have noted that SC uses bits of reality to spin lies. He did say to someone he was injured by a cable for a truck window, right? Which is a ligature of sorts. Maybe he created that lie because it really was a ligature injury to his hands.

I am remembering how the expert said the blow to her jaw was done at or just before the time of death. Maybe he hit her jaw from the side and then threw a ligature around her neck and strangled her.

Don't know if this will help you but it solved the reloading problem on my iPad: Disable JavaScript while on WS while reading or writing text. Need to turn it back on for videos. Good luck.

I meant to post this a while back. I contributed nothing to this thread, but did follow along with you all.

I learned a lot about the Hawaii'n justice system through following this case. Although never visited personally, I've heard (close friend emigrated to a place called Pearl City) seen so much on tv, films, documentaries, etc., about the beauty of the Islands, including Maui. Videos posted here encouraged me to go google-mapping (!), and I've learned, and saw, so much more.
I was obviously also aware of the dark side. There's a dark side and murderous rats the world over, unfortunately for humanity.

I just want to thank you all for making it easier for me to follow and understand. Local input always gives greater insight to people like me, thanks to you guys, too.

I'm thankful to this Jury, they were clearly no-one's fools. I've never known a Jury to be messed around like it. Then again, it's the first Hawaii'n based trial I've followed from beginning to end.

At one point, I feared it would all fall apart due to the length of time it was taking and Apo's shenanigans. I know he has a job to do, but his behaviour was juvenile-esque. I felt it wouldn't be out of place if at one point the Judge had smacked his arse. At times, I felt like smacking the Judges' too.

I hope one day Kim and her family find a semblance of peace, but that'll never really happen unless he were to give up exactly what he did with Charlie and Joshua. He'll never do that.

I'm glad he is where he is, and that he'll leave prison the way he will.

Thanks all.

I hadn't checked back in a while, so missed this month's hearings. Thank God SC's request for a new trial was denied! The People do not need the expense and the family does not need the stress of a new trial. He is so obviously guilty and needs to just go away for good!

Remember the weapons charge from 2014, the knife in the buckle?
The pre-trial conference was today, a hearing set for March 15, Cardoza NOT trying this one. Judge Richard T. Bissen.
Tomorrow (2/23, Thursday) is pre-trial conference for the Burglary and Theft from Taylor Farner. Judge Peter T. Cahill.

March 6 - hearing on motion on murder/arson conviction (for new trial?).
March 15 -
hearing on weapons charge.
March 20 -
jury trial on burglary and theft.
March 24 -
sentencing on murder and arson convictions.

And that's not even including the contraband charges yet ...
March will be a busy time for SC.

I am bumping this back up, as several things are occurring this week according to this schedule.

I never could find anything about the hearing on weapons charge on March 15th?

Thanks for the bump. I just rechecked on the sentencing for the murder and it is still set for this Friday. There is also a motion to be heard, but the online entry doesn't say what it concerns. Court is scheduled for 8:30 AM.

The weapons charge is now set for trial on May 1. it says the count was changed through conversion, but I don't know what that means. There is a PDF document for purchase, and I did not buy it.

Hawaii has just recently migrated all the criminal cases from Ho'ohiki (which had civil, family, and criminal court) to the e Kokua site which had traffic records. I don't find e Kokua as informative or as easy to navigate.

I will check now on the burglary and theft, but as of last week it was still set to begin trial tomorrow, Monday.

Last minute change. No hearing tomorrow. Another pre-trial conference is now set for April 20. He signed another waiver of right to speedy trial for both the burglary-theft and the deadly weapon cases.

In the theft case as well there has been a change to the Counts, but it doesn't say what, only due to Conversion.

I think they want to see how the murder charge sentencing goes before they try these. I mean, they were delayed all this time to let the murder charges be tried first. Its kind of crazy the amount of court record of dates occurred for charges that have been on hold for three years now.

Even more old business, SC's drug dealing charge from 2013, for which he pleaded No Contest with one year probation and a fine, and which shows as a closed and adjudicated case, has still been having court dates, mostly without SC present, since 2014, and another hearing is set for April 20 -- same date as the theft charge is now, about 90 minutes earlier.

Thanks Puakenikeni for all of the answers, it is hard to find any info on SC in the courts.

I would have thought they would have taken care of all those charges before the murder charges. That is just me though, or added them on to the murder charges. It seems the wheels of justice move too slow in this world!

Is Apo his attorney for those also?

Cathy‏ @courtchatter 1h1 hour ago
More
#CapobiancoTrial - Steven Capobianco will be sentenced today at 8:30am local time/2:30pm edt for the murder of Charlie Scott.

edt = Eastern Daylight Time

I will be heading out of town during this time, darn it. I hope it will be recorded!

Is it over already? The link takes me to a white screen on an iPad.

No it isn't over. It works for me.

[video=youtube;xMJiNT3zn8c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMJiNT3zn8c[/video]

Try that one!

Just now tuning in, judge not in courtroom at this time, not sure what I missed, live streaming only link I saw. Fingers crossed!

Group hug for Charli and Joshua

:rose: :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper