DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JA's defense attorney, Fletcher Long, has more legal problems:

From WSMV:

Attorneys Long, Gasaway face their own legal battle

Fletcher Long just represented one of the convicted Vanderbilt rapists. He is also the attorney for Jason Autry, one of the men accused of killing nursing student Holly Bobo.

Long and Gasaway are charged together in a felony extortion case. The state said they tried to charge a woman $50,000 to handle her estate because they needed that money to purchase a building.

Read more: http://www.wsmv.com/story/27977821/attorneys-long-gasaway-face-their-own-legal-battle#ixzz3QJp4BiHV

From NC5:

Defense Attorneys Want Hearing On Motion To Dismiss Charges In Bobo Case

Defense attorneys in the Holly Bobo murder case will press the judge for a hearing on a controversial motion to have the charges against the suspects dismissed.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation announced earlier this month they had completed analysis on more than 460 pieces of evidence in the case.

Despite that, the defense said they have yet to get any of the new analysis, so they are unable to prepare for trial.

More at Link:

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/new...o-Dismiss-Charges-In-Bobo-Case-290315601.html

*NOTE* No date has been set for a Hearing on this motion and no Trial date set.

Welp, I do a google search just about every day to see if anything new has come up, but there's never anything.

I hope we hear something soon.

How very tumultuous this case has been.

I've never followed a crime like this before. Delays, problems, lies, media hounding, accusations, nonsense, delinquency, people not doing their jobs, allegations of misconduct, people refusing to talk...

"I cannot discuss that. It's part of an ongoing - active investigation."

"I have yet to see a single piece of evidence linking my client to any crime."

"I still don't understand what exactly my client is charged with doing."

Yuck!

We should have been at the end of the judges original scheduling order three weeks ago, where a trial date would have been set, but apparently step one on the scheduling order, disclosure of discovery, has not even begun.

:banghead:

Thursday at Six!

Why was the TBI kicked off the Holly Bobo case?
NewsChannel 5 has exclusive new information that reveals what went wrong. Watch Thursday at Six. — with NC5_ChrisConte.

newschannel5.com

Thursday at Six!

NewsChannel 5 has exclusive new information that reveals what went wrong. Watch Thursday at Six. — with NC5_ChrisConte.

newschannel5.com

:seeya: Thanks, Lyric !

Oh, I hope we learn something -- anything !

But on the other hand, not counting on it considering HOW this case has been handled from day one !

Thursday at Six!

newschannel5.com

"Why was the TBI kicked off the Holly Bobo case?" Hmmm, haven't we heard Stowe claim repeatedly that he never kicked them off the case? And now we have a story not only saying he did that very thing, but purporting to know "why"?

It will be interesting to see who is making these claims, and what they say. Is this going to offer us someone's spin, whitewash, or self-serving whisper? And will the reporter tell us whose "version of the truth" they are using? And will it line up with previous "versions of the truth" we've been told by that source?

Thursday at Six!

newschannel5.com

Apologies for quoting my own post, but I wanted to edit it with the link for the preview of sorts video. The comment section, people aren't real happy. They are even questioning why other cases aren't making the news.

Anywho.... here is the link for the fb post.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152607674582548&set=vb.91345192547&type=2&theater

Just guessing but I think it will come out that TBI didn't think Stowe was up to speed on Holly's case or something. Or Stowe has dirt on TBI and others...yay break up corruption if there is any. Get this case on the road. Use Tide. jmo

My guess just off the top of my head- Stowe complains to TBI about length of time it's taking to get evidence processed. TBI takes exception "if you don't like how we're handling, find someone else". Stowe says TBI bailed. TBI says Stowe didn't want them. TBI comes back to the table but with Stowe distancing self. Basic everyday "p***ing match".

What if when Zach Adams was arrested for Aggravated Assault in Feb of last year TBI got inside his cell phone and found a video, without first getting a SW? Using that information to get the various search warrants the following day. I believe it was June of last year that the US Supreme ruled that cell phones and electronic devices had to have separate and specific SWs for that information to be used in Court. IF TBI inspected the devices without proper SWs and Stowe realized it when reviewing the case files, he would know the ramifications, IMO. That could explain the scramble to locate a device that a possible video had been sent to.

Also, IMO when Zach was arrested that very first day for the Assault something SUBSTANTIAL gave the Judge the reason to give Adams that $1M bond. Prosecutors asked for $500K and the Judge doubled it without question. And that was before the GJ hearing for Holly Bobo.

JMO and Wondering

Chris Conte ‏@NC5_ChrisConte 2m2 minutes ago
Tonight - what Karen Bobo had to say about the fallout between DA Matt Stowe and the TBI @NC5 #HollyBobo

with a picture of Karen Bobo and some quote that I can't post here, can't link it..but here is the link for the tweet.

https://twitter.com/chrisconte/status/563481466101714944

Chris Conte ‏@NC5_ChrisConte 2m2 minutes ago
Tonight - what Karen Bobo had to say about the fallout between DA Matt Stowe and the TBI @NC5 #HollyBobo

with a picture of Karen Bobo and some quote that I can't post here, can't link it..but here is the link for the tweet.

https://twitter.com/chrisconte/status/563481466101714944

From the quote in the tweet, apparently Karen Bobo feels like I do, that Stowe has been a MASSIVE problem in this case.

I think at best he's in way over his head (in this case for sure, and perhaps as a DA in general). And maybe more than that, because I keep seeing one who looks like a big talker but too lazy and unreliable to back up his talk, and then steps aside when the poop hits the fan in hopes that it lands on someone else.

Sounds as if we're encountering a 'perfect storm' here; certainly so, if ignorance thundered.

Just watched the report, waiting for the link, maybe to come up for it.

In a nutshell, Stowe was saying that the TBI was leaking information and covering up and yada yada. ( maybe poor choice of words. )

There is an email from someone name Kirby I want to say, that Chris Conte got, I'm hoping the he will post the email to see.

The meeting happen with a few, then the next meeting where Gwynn say's fine, we'll leave but he talked with Karen Bobo first to let her know what was going on.

Basically they are saying (TBI and others ) that Stowe isn't equipped to handle this kind of case, not enough experience.

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/new...s-in-Heated-Holly-Bobo-Fallout-290992851.html

Emails Reveal New Details In Heated Holly Bobo Fallout

By Chris Conte. CREATED 6:20 PM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - New emails obtained by NewsChannel 5 paint a disturbing picture of a paranoid freshman District Attorney once in charge of the Holly Bobo case, slinging blame and determined to go it alone.

The unprecedented fallout began on December 12 inside a conference room at Tennessee Bureau of Investigation headquarters in Nashville. Several people, including TBI Director Mark Gwyn and Decatur County DA Matt Stowe, were meeting to discuss the Holly Bobo case.

<snipped - read more>

New emails obtained by NewsChannel 5 paint a disturbing picture of a paranoid freshman District Attorney once in charge of the Holly Bobo case, slinging blame and determined to go it alone.

The unprecedented fallout began on December 12 inside a conference room at Tennessee Bureau of Investigation headquarters in Nashville

"General Stowe said he felt that TBI had compromised the case," wrote Wally Kirby, Executive Director of Tennessee District Attorney's Conference.

Kirby was also in the room during the December 12 meeting.

Stowe went on to say that the TBI had proceeded, "so slowly that the culprits were always one step ahead and that TBI... was leaking information and possibly covering up evidence."

"General Stowe also stated that he trusted no one in the room

The rest is History.

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/new...s-in-Heated-Holly-Bobo-Fallout-290992851.html

It goes on with talking about the other District Attorney....

Sounds like Stowe was having a melt down of sorts.

Emails Reveal New Details In Heated Holly Bobo Fallout

By Chris Conte. CREATED 6:20 PM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - New emails obtained by NewsChannel 5 paint a disturbing picture of a paranoid freshman District Attorney once in charge of the Holly Bobo case, slinging blame and determined to go it alone.

The unprecedented fallout began on December 12 inside a conference room at Tennessee Bureau of Investigation headquarters in Nashville. Several people, including TBI Director Mark Gwyn and Decatur County DA Matt Stowe, were meeting to discuss the Holly Bobo case.

<snipped - read more>

sorry for the repost I had checked first to see if anyone had posted LOL

If what was reported was accurate, then good riddance Stowe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum