10 suspended
Credit for time served
Released in 2 years with probation.

:waitasec: I predict
15 years
10 suspended
Credit for time served

YEP! I hope this is what they do or give him probation for the whole minimum sentence and time served on the jail time.
This would be a fair sentence for the crime and the first offense sentenced on.
I also think Ron is working with LE still and if he got out on time served for his deal wouldn't surprise me one bit.

P.S This is my opinion only please don't judge me.

Will Ron's prior drug poss'n charges and poss'n of narcotic equipment be read in Court and factor into the Judge’s decision? Is Ron appearing before Judge Terry LaRue? Although Ron was charged with possession of narcotic equipment and or use, he has never been charged with drug trafficking before. Ron was charged with POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE(MORPHINE), DRUGS POSSESS-CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE WITHOUT PRESCRIPTION, POSSESSION OF NEW LEGEND DRUG WO PRESCRIPTION, and one charge of DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.

These are serious offenses. IIRC Ron was later charged for violating firearm regulations, hunting at night, and uttering threats wasn't he?

Because Ron's drug history is worse than Hope and Donna's, I think his sentence should be greater than 15 years. Tommy was sentenced to 15 years because a LEO told Judge Terry LaRue Tommy is a suspect in HaLeigh's case although no charges have been filed against him. Rightfully everyone should be considered innocent until proven guilty but because of the overlapping investigation into HaLeigh Cummings case, the reality is everyone is a suspect until proven innocent.

893.13(6A) Principal DRUGS POSSESS-CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE WITHOUT PRESCRIPTION 10/18/2005 Dropped/Abandoned
893.13(6A) Principal DRUGS POSSESS-CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE WITHOUT PRESCRIPTION 10/18/2005 Dropped/Abandoned
893.147(1) Principal NARCOTIC EQUIP POSSESS-AND OR USE 10/18/2005 Dropped/Abandoned
741.31 Principal VIOL INJUNCTION PROTECTION DOMESTIC VIOLENCE 10/18/2005 Dropped/Abandoned
499.03 Principal DRUGS-POSSESS NEW LEGEND DRUG WO PRESCRIPTION 10/18/2005 Dropped/Abandoned

Docket Information:
Date Description Pages Image
10/27/2005 COURT EVENT CANCELLED The following event: CRIMINAL - ARRAIGNMENT FELONY scheduled for 11/04/2005 at 9:00 am has been resulted as follows: Result: CANCELLED (Criminal) 0 None
10/27/2005 Payment of Court Cost 0 None
10/19/2005 ARREST BOND RECORD CREATED Ref: Bond/Pwr No.: 2005AA079210 Initial Charge #: 1 Initial Action Code: POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE(MORPHINE) Prosecutor Count #: 1 Prosecutor Action Code: POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE(MORPHINE) Bonding Co.: AA LARAZA BAIL BONDS Bond Amount: $5000 The following field(s) on arrest bond 1 have been modified: New Bond Status Added: BOND RELEASED New Bond Status Date Added: 10/18/2005 0 None
10/18/2005 NOTICE OF CASE DISPOSITION/ACTION-DECLINED 1 Image
10/5/2005 ARREST BOND RECORD CREATED Arrest Bond Added to Case with: Arrest Date: 09/26/2005 Initial Charge #: 1 Initial Action Code: POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE(MORPHINE) Prosecutor Count #: Prosecutor Action Code: Custody Location: Bond Status: Posted Status Date: 09/28/2005 Bond Type: Surety Bond/Pwr No.: 2005AA079210 Bond Amount: $5000 Bonding Co.: AA LARAZA BAIL BONDS Cash Depositor: 0 None
10/3/2005 Court Event Set Event: CRIMINAL - ARRAIGNMENT FELONY Date: 11/04/2005 Time: 9:00 am Judge: ROBERTS, CHARLES E Location: Courtroom 3-A Result: CANCELLED (Criminal) 0 None
9/29/2005 ADVISORY HEARING BOND 2 Image
9/29/2005 COPY OF DRIVERS LICENSE 1 Image
9/29/2005 EVIDENCE / PROPERTY RECEIPT 10 Image
9/29/2005 REPORT 2 Image
9/29/2005 PROBABLE CAUSE AFFIDAVIT (FHPF05OFF062270) 17 Image
9/29/2005 NOTICE TO APPEAR - CRIMINAL 1 Image
9/28/2005 INVOCATION OF CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS 1 Image
9/28/2005 INDIGENCY CIRCUIT CASE APPROVED Receipt: 422546 Date: 10/27/ 1 Image
9/28/2005 BOND - PAPER POWER # 2005-AA-07 3 Image
9/28/2005 DECISION TO DECLINE TO APPLY FOR THE SERVICES OF THE PUBLIC DEFENDER 1 Image

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Ron C.

These are his charges in Sarasota Florida .They don't include the many charges over the many years in Putnam County , FL.

YEP! I hope this is what they do or give him probation for the whole minimum sentence and time served on the jail time.
I also think Ron is working with LE still and if he got out on time served for his deal wouldn't surprise me one bit.

That might be a fair sentence in other cases, but not in this one. Hope, Donna Brock, & Tommy all got higher than that, & they all had less charges. Not witholding information, in another case, shouldn't be held against Hope & Donna. Also, legally speaking, these 3 don't have anywhere near the amount of priors that Ron does. So, there's just no way he's gonna get what you're hoping for. Probation? lol...in his dreams.

These are his charges in Sarasota Florida .They don't include the many charges over the many years in Putnam County , FL.

IIRC, he came before Judge LaRue on one or more of his Putnam County charges of the past.

Scary. But, hopefully the judge has had it with him!

The advantage Ron has over all the other players charged with drug trafficking is the fact his daughter went missing before he is sentenced, so Ron owns the very powerful card called "SYMPATHY". Tommy, Hope, and Donna do not have the same advantage Ron cleverly created for his own protection and neither does Misty. Ron became more devious after he was charged in 2005 with domestic violence and possession of some very powerful and dangerous drugs, including morphine. Having his daughter disappear allows Ron to escape reality while everyone else busted with him are forced to pay for their crime(s). I sincerely hope the Judge and LE realize what Ron is up to and they don't allow him to profit from his daughter's disappearance any longer. That would make my day.

The advantage Ron has over all the other players charged with drug trafficking is the fact his daughter went missing before he is sentenced, so Ron owns the very powerful card called "SYMPATHY". Tommy, Hope, and Donna do not have the same advantage Ron cleverly created for his own protection and neither does Misty. Ron became more devious after he was charged in 2005 with domestic violence and possession of some very powerful and dangerous drugs, including morphine. Having his daughter disappear allows Ron to escape reality while everyone else busted with him are forced to pay for their crime(s). I sincerely hope the Judge and LE realize what Ron is up to and they don't allow him to profit from his daughter's disappearance any longer. That would make my day.

Believe it or not, it would make his day, too.

I know a guy like very much like Ron; he kept doing whatever he wanted and got away with it time and time again...until the day when a judge finally said enough! He was sentenced to 15 years in prison, and his mama cried--called the judge every name in the book because he didn't give her baby credit for the fact that his father had just died a few months earlier. Fortunately for mama's baby, the judge was unmoved. He served a little over 9 years of his prison sentence and since his release has been a model citizen. Some people do not change until they are forced to change!

If Ron skates again, what purpose is served? He learns nothing, and society suffers all the more with perps like him roaming free. Sympathy is not going to turn Ron around. Obviously, leniency has not worked on him. For crying out loud! the unspeakable tragedy of losing his daughter did not force Ron to see the error of his ways. Maybe prison will.

IIRC, he came before Judge LaRue on one or more of his Putnam County charges of the past.

Scary. But, hopefully the judge has had it with him!

Either that or......LaRue Male verum examinat omnis Corruptus judex..JMHO

Please don't take this post as a 'judgement'- I'm probably the least combative person you'll ever meet. I'm just wondering why you feel that would be a fair sentence considering the fact that he is at the very least guilty of child neglect/endangerment. I'm honestly not trying to be snarky, as I respect and remain open to all opinions....

I think it will look very odd if he doesn't get more than Hope, Tommy and Donna considering they all had fewer charges and a smaller bond but I can't say I would be surprised to see him get off with a pat on the head. He's skated for everything else before.

I hope the judge throws the book at him, and gives him the max, but let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if he walked out with probation and rehab. At this point, nothing would surprise me with Ron, except maybe him getting some "real hard time."
I agree. I hope the book is thrown at him also. I fear he will not even get a smack on the hands, just a pat on the back. That seems to be the way most of his drug incidents are handled.

Well I would hope that Ron gets 45yrs to 90yrs. If I am reading this article correctly the deal TS may of made for for Ron is to serve his min mandatory of 15yrs -30yrs "PER CHARGE".

If Ronald gets less than 45yrs I will not be surprised but suspicious on what is going on in that town.
:cow:

Ronald Cummings negotiating a 15-yr sentence In exchange for testimony of Misty and Hank Jr. in Drug Case

By Dana Treen, MORRIS NEWS SERVICE
Posted: May 13, 2010

"Snip" http://staugustine.com/news/2010-05-13/haleighs-father-negotiating-15-year-sentence-drug-case

Shoemaker said negotiations are not finished but part of the expected deal would mean Ronald Cummings would not be sentenced until after the Croslins are tried.

The judge assign a trial date of July 19, 2010 and a final date the court will accept a negotiated deal-plea agreement .

Shoemaker and Cummings hope to have the deal within two weeks or possibly within a week.

An attempt stalled Wednesday to make a deal with the state, said Terry Shoemaker. He said Cummings will agree to testify at trials of Misty Croslin, and Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr.

The sentencing range would likely be a 15-year minimum mandatory - possible 30-year maximum, Shoemaker said. The sentence would be for the three less serious charges.

What is the minimum for the charges he pled to?

I think he'll get the minimum whatever it is.

Do I agree with that? Nope. But that's what I'm thinking he will get.

Kat,
He has 3 trafficking charges he pled guilty to.
2 carry a 15 yr. min. man and 1 carries a 3 yr. min. man.

So are we looking at 33 years min?

Yes but more than likely the sentences will be served concurrently.
I don't know how that is decided, if it is a decision the judge makes or not.

:waitasec: I predict
15 years
10 suspended
Credit for time served

Can a sentence on a charge that carries a minimum mandatory be suspended?
Is that even an option? I don't expect mkay to know this, just jumping off the post as it got me wondering if a suspended is possible.
krkrjx did you see anything about this during your research?

Can a sentence on a charge that carries a minimum mandatory be suspended?
Is that even an option? I don't expect mkay to know this, just jumping off the post as it got me wondering if a suspended is possible.
krkrjx did you see anything about this during your research?

I do not think it can be suspended. The law states a minimum and a person cannot be sentenced to less. It also states a maximum, and they cannot get more than the maximum. The only discretion a judge has is whether to forego the minimum and sentence the felon to more time (up to but not exceeding the maximum for the charge). Anyone who follows trials has seen cases where a perp was sentenced to the max and the judge stated he wished he could impose a longer sentence, but the law says NO.

My understanding of the law is that the perp would have to make a plea for a reduced charge in advance, which is what Donna Brock did. Her minimum was 25 years but she got the charge reduced to where her minimum is 15. Donna got this as part of a plea bargain--basically, I will not plead as charged but will plead to a lesser charge. Not going to trial saves the state money so they are often willing to do it. (Apparently not for Tommy and Misty, though.) Ron's plea deal was for two charges dropped altogether and a guilty plea on the three remaining charges. Those three are original and if he wanted less than 15 years to be an option he would have had to have two of those charges reduced prior to pleading.

But...that's Florida law, and we are talking about Putnam County, so who knows what might happen!?! JMO

How much time will Ron get?

Whatever it is.... imo, -- not enough.

moo

I'm going to pray he won't get less than any of the others. I'll say 15. Which I think is crazy for the 1st time offenders but ron not so much.

I'm actually getting nervous that once sentencing is done we won't hear much about these people and none of this will find Haleigh.

It makes me so sad for the people that knew her and for everyone here who come just about every single day for over 2 yrs hoping this child is found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uhohspaghettiO