How will Jaycee heal?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
very slow transition back to normalcy i guess.
i hope the garridos burn for this in the afterlife......

Maybe the Garrisos should suffer in this one too. :furious:

sadly, song, we know they wont be put in with the general population in prison to get there just desserts. they'll have better living conditions then the gave jaycee and the girls, and healthcare at the cost of the taxpayers. so as glad as i am they will never get out again, they wont suffer nearly as much as they should :furious:

New Life of Lake Tahoe Kidnapping Victim Is Different Than Most Would Expect
South Lake Tahoe girl Jaycee Lee Dugard has been staying at an undisclosed location with her daughters and family since her release from 18 years of captivity. Now, her stepfather, Carl Probyn, is speaking out on what has been happening to her now that she is away from Phillip and Nancy Garrido, who are charged with kidnapping and raping Dugard.

Probyn says that Dugard's exposure to the outside world is still extremely limited, as officials do not want her memory to be tainted by the media. Therefore, she is not allowed to watch TV, read a newspaper, or listen to the radio. In addition, law enforcement authorities are debriefing her so she has the proper information. Probyn also says that Dugard and her daughters, Angel and Starlit, are "going a little stir crazy," but they will stay in hiding for as long as necessary so they can deal with their ordeal in the healthiest way possible.

http://www.theskichannel.com/news/s...g-Victim-Is-Different-Than-Most-Would-Expect-

I imagine one could go stir crazy, and since they cant watch TV and be subjected to all that news.
I wonder how long they can keep them indoors. They better get a farm somewhere where the girls can go out and nobody will know who lives there. Seems to me that Some movie stars find privacy...Why cant they find a place that is privet enough to give them some animals and allow them to get outside some. HOW LONG CAN THIS GO ON, THIS WAY? :(

Well, darn, the FBI can hire me as a consultant, and I'll PERSONALLY go through the newspaper and news magazines and cut out all mentions of the case. The local newspaper, also USA Today, NY Times, Time, Newsweek, whatever the gals want to read. What about W, Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, Elle? National Geographic, Reader's Digest, Cat Fancy!!! Those gals are starved for info, and goldurn it, somebody oughta chip in for some reading material!!!

For crying out loud, I'll get the daughters have never seen a Disney movie, and I would THINK (despite Maleficent and all those wicked stepmothers) that this would be ACCEPTABLE entertainment!!!! Pixar oughta step up to the plate and send the gals a bunch of DVDs, the same can be said for all makers of kids' movies. AS for TV, jeez, doesn't the FBI have the means to make sure the only TV channels that can be watched are Animal Planet and TCM?!!! I mean, really!!! C'mon, it's the FBI, I thought they had some savvy.

I hope they are allowed outside in the yard of this location. I think Jaycee was interested in gardening and must have used those books to teach her girls. That would be really healing for them to do some gardening! Also, I am all for them getting their pets ASAP, and if that can't be done in this sequestered location, then that needs to change.

Shoot, if the girls are Miley Cyrus fans, that gal oughta step up to the plate and kick in some of her millions for a nice spread with some land and privacy for Jaycee and her daughters.

Of course, it's all a bit ironic that the girls are going stir crazy NOW, but I suppose they've had their first taste of freedom and can't help it if they want and need more of it!

i know that them not being able to watch TV etc. is prob. at the advice of authorities and therapist's but it kind of aggravates me that it says they are "not allowed" to do these things. Jaycee should be able to do whatever the hell she wants right now. i understand that maybe my thought is unreasonable....lol.

Well, darn, the FBI can hire me as a consultant, and I'll PERSONALLY go through the newspaper and news magazines and cut out all mentions of the case. The local newspaper, also USA Today, NY Times, Time, Newsweek, whatever the gals want to read. What about W, Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, Elle? National Geographic, Reader's Digest, Cat Fancy!!! Those gals are starved for info, and goldurn it, somebody oughta chip in for some reading material!!!

For crying out loud, I'll get the daughters have never seen a Disney movie, and I would THINK (despite Maleficent and all those wicked stepmothers) that this would be ACCEPTABLE entertainment!!!! Pixar oughta step up to the plate and send the gals a bunch of DVDs, the same can be said for all makers of kids' movies. AS for TV, jeez, doesn't the FBI have the means to make sure the only TV channels that can be watched are Animal Planet and TCM?!!! I mean, really!!! C'mon, it's the FBI, I thought they had some savvy.

I hope they are allowed outside in the yard of this location. I think Jaycee was interested in gardening and must have used those books to teach her girls. That would be really healing for them to do some gardening! Also, I am all for them getting their pets ASAP, and if that can't be done in this sequestered location, then that needs to change.

Shoot, if the girls are Miley Cyrus fans, that gal oughta step up to the plate and kick in some of her millions for a nice spread with some land and privacy for Jaycee and her daughters.

Of course, it's all a bit ironic that the girls are going stir crazy NOW, but I suppose they've had their first taste of freedom and can't help it if they want and need more of it!

i rememeber reading that aunt tina said jaycee likes the movie "ella enchanted' i mean movies like those are fine........ i dont see the problem

It makes me very sad, but they do not have any freedom that is much different then before,
It is just a prison of another kind. (I am in tears over this - really) Where is our crying smiley?
YES somehow they have to get a farm where they can go out, somehow they have to have a
security team, and somehow they have to have family visit and bring good magazine's.
Arts and crafts, games. and someone should get them wigs and take them to the Mall.
Maybe for holloween they can all dress up as Miley Cyrus and go out and see the town.
This has upset me greatly today.
But I am glad they are safe and have therapists. :)

It makes me very sad, but they do not have any freedom that is much different then before,
It is just a prison of another kind. (I am in tears over this - really) Where is our crying smiley?
YES somehow they have to get a farm where they can go out, somehow they have to have a
security team, and somehow they have to have family visit and bring good magazine's.
Arts and crafts, games. and someone should get them wigs and take them to the Mall.
Maybe for holloween they can all dress up as Miley Cyrus and go out and see the town.
This has upset me greatly today.
But I am glad they are safe and have therapists. :)

they also have there mom (grandmom0 and sister (aunt) and hopefully soon, there pets ;)

I have always wondered in a case like this, who will support the now grown Jaycee and her two children, not just emotionally but financially. I hope that some really good therapists will come forward and perhaps offer their services because they are truly going to need all the therapy they can get. It has been stated that the three have had no medical care at all, so they are going to obviously need some medical attention. I'm sure they would not have insurance coverage currently, so will the family get help with that somehow? I think in the Smart case, money was probably not an issue but you don't know about Jaycee's case. Not trying to sound like money is so important but it will take a "village" to help these three victims of this horrible, almost too terrible to even think about crime. I do hope some sort of organization, possibly the Red Cross, or something like that will be available immediately.

I imagine the state owes her a lot - that PO and his entire department were asleep for 18 years.
I think she can sue big time. Eventually a book and movie will pay very well.
You are right they will need services 4 ever and ever.
they also have a foundation. I do not think they need to worry about money.
They do need the best deprogram er available, because these girls are very vulnerable.
They also do not have a real center or full range of emotions.
They will be re trained to feel, to want, to desire, and just the basic things we take for granted.
To have self worth, passions, interests.....
It will take time and money too. I just hope they can live with love and peace and carve
themselves a piece of heaven on earth. They may even select living together in isolation
for comfort. Financially they are fine.

I heard that so far they have raised $30,000 for Jaycee and her daughters which is nothing, really. With the state cutbacks even if they can get state MediCal (Medicaid) it no longer covers out-patient psychiatric. I sure hope some philanthropist has come to their aid!

I heard that so far they have raised $30,000 for Jaycee and her daughters which is nothing, really. With the state cutbacks even if they can get state MediCal (Medicaid) it no longer covers out-patient psychiatric. I sure hope some philanthropist has come to their aid!

the economy is still bad. im sure people are sending what they can

I imagine the state owes her a lot - that PO and his entire department were asleep for 18 years.
I think she can sue big time. Eventually a book and movie will pay very well.
You are right they will need services 4 ever and ever.
they also have a foundation. I do not think they need to worry about money.
They do need the best deprogram er available, because these girls are very vulnerable.
They also do not have a real center or full range of emotions.
They will be re trained to feel, to want, to desire, and just the basic things we take for granted.
To have self worth, passions, interests.....
It will take time and money too. I just hope they can live with love and peace and carve
themselves a piece of heaven on earth. They may even select living together in isolation
for comfort. Financially they are fine.

The problem with suing is that she will have to relive every detail. Anyone that has ever been through this type of lawsuit will tell you that it oftentimes is not worth the added damage it causes.

The problem with suing is that she will have to relive every detail. Anyone that has ever been through this type of lawsuit will tell you that it oftentimes is not worth the added damage it causes.
You are right.
but after this case is done all the records will be there.
We already have enough
PO did not find them in 18 years and that only means they did a lousy job.
Based on that alone...What if she never has to go to court, and has an attorney settle with the state.
CAN be done - rally. This is high profile.

You are right.
but after this case is done all the records will be there.
We already have enough
PO did not find them in 18 years and that only means they did a lousy job.
Based on that alone...What if she never has to go to court, and has an attorney settle with the state.
CAN be done - rally. This is high profile.

becaus lawsuits agaisnt police/feds/parole officer have to deal with there failure to find her and not what happened to her directly, i think even if she went to court she would not have to testify. unless it was during the penalty phase where they sort out how much money the suing party gets........the actual trial would be dependent on what actions they failed to make in order to rescue her

becaus lawsuits agaisnt police/feds/parole officer have to deal with there failure to find her and not what happened to her directly, i think even if she went to court she would not have to testify. unless it was during the penalty phase where they sort out how much money the suing party gets........the actual trial would be dependent on what actions they failed to make in order to rescue her

We actually do not know any of this. I believe she has a claim. I may be wrong, but I doubt it.
I believe she can be protected from seeing him, there is enough data for her attorney to deal with it.
But what do I know?

According to the lawyer for her family Jaycee will testify for the prosecution if the case goes to trial.
It seems that she is reluctant to do so but understands that it is something she will have to do.

Judging from the lawyers statements, including on TV interviews this morning it seems that Jaycee still has deep affection for the Garridos and regrets that they have been arrested.

Fortunately, according to the lawyer, Jaycee and her kids are doing well and connecting with her family. The kids are really bonding with their grandmother. But I imagine they still miss PG who is to them their father and whom they apparently admire a lot.
Jaycee seems to feel similarly and may feel that they have reformed since the 1st few years they were holding her prisoner and still want them in her and her kids lives.

She will make money and a book, and a movie too....
Rightfully so...
BUT for her well being it is best she remains anonymous, and not visible, the paparazzi is a killer, it will turn them into a mad circus with all the gawkers, and insensitive people.
NOT safe, not a good idea. IF she selects to tell her story on TV she needs to be kept in the shadows so that we can not see her.
Am I curious too, you bet...Do I care about her safety and well being first You bet.

I wonder sometimes how the paparazzi and gawkers are controlled or respectful in some situations but not in others. Our very participation in this kind of forum (and I am including myself in this) can be construed as pretty voyeuristic and prying into all kinds of private details of people's lives in a way that would be very difficult to classify as constructive or positive for the actual victims, really. As much as "we" are here because we care and are horrified by the crimes it's still the case much of the time, that our curiousity and caring can often be what fuels the paparazzi and tabloid rags to go after people like this. But you do see some cases, like Elizabeth Smart for example, where her family and even she sometimes come forward when it is important to them or constructive, but it is pretty tightly controlled. She really held her own when she took Nancy Grace to task on asking about things she did not care to discuss. She's an impressive young woman. But I believe she goes to college and has a pretty normal life, and I for one have not seen paparazzi photos of her and etc. Hopefully she is what she seems, a young lady working through her issues and working for a good life for herself and her family.

I hope that Jaycee and her girls will be left alone and can someday work toward the same. They will never erase their past, nor should they, but hopefully they can get to a good place. There are a few little things they can do that would probably go a long way toward helping their anonymity but I guess it is up to them to choose. They could go brunette and go around in public right now and nobody would know who they were! And maybe go by middle names or something when they are in public. Who knows.

Has anybody seen the actual interview with the lawyer? My previous post was reacting to reports about the interview. A different article that quotes the lawyer more fully causes me to back of a little bit on some of what I said in the other post. Here's a quote from the interview.

"I think she (Jaycee) very clearly understands that some very bad and terrible things were done to hre, and the people that committed those crimes need to be held accountable, and her participation with law enforcement is essential for that to happen."

In A different article Scott is quoted as saying that she has mixed feelings about the arrest of the Garridos.

I do imagine that things must be very confusing and complicated for her right now.

@Delrod: Where have you read that Dugard wants the Garridos in her life or the lives of her girls? I understand that you're speculating, but that seems a jump too far, to put it mildly. I'm glad you're backing off that. Dugard most likely has ambivalent feelings towards the Garridos, true, considering they were her only way to survive physically and staying sane required her to bond with them, but she's said she's "so happy" to be with her family and that she's willing to testify against the two.

As for talks of "reform," this is the same man who just a few years ago was described as "psychotic" and a "sex addict" by the neighbor who called 9-1-1 and another neighbor saw him trying to lure teen girls to him late at night, after a party. The neighborhood girls even knew to travel in groups around him. Plus, he decided to release his CD just a few years back and he still lied to people about his rape conviction, saying it was a disgruntled ex-girlfriend. If he had truly "reformed," he would have come forward ages ago, at least, so the girls and Dugard can have some chance at a life. Instead, he continued holding them captive while he played God. As I've said before, child rapists don't seek out God to stop raping, but to justify it. This man's religiosity only got more intense and bizarre as the years went on, not less. He now considers himself a "prophet" that has a unique communication with God. That only spells trouble.

That young lady in Europe had some very mixed reactions in light of her release (she had been kept in a dungeon for years by her kidnapper but had developed something of a relationship with him - he killed himself after her escape)
She was something of a celebrity at first and even had her own talk show etc but has more recently withdrawn. I know adults must be given their own choices but it doesn't sound like she had the best support and guidance. Because it is natural for someone who is released from captivity and reunited with their loved ones to feel elated and happy and it may all seem "easy" at first compared to a life of subjugation and captivity. But later depression about where to go from here and all the time lost and complicated matters about feelings for those who "brought you up" and around whom your world revolved through all those formative years are not going to just go away.
Shawn Akers is another example. I am glad he's doing so well but I take what they say about that with a grain of salt, because feelings and emotions about those years he was in captivity are not just going to go away and can remain in the subconscious for a long time. I am not saying those victims are damaged goods and I applaud any free choice they are able to make to take themselves to a positive place in their lives. But people end up with post traumatic disorders from even just one event sometimes... when a person is young and impressionable and it goes on for years, I imagine that complicates things tremendously.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeastMistress
Back