Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Will Dr. Tim Huntington ever testify in another trial

• YES, he did great

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • NO, JA tore his credibility apart on the stand today and he won't put himself through that again!

Votes: 110 38.2%
  • I don't know, but JA was picking on poor Dr. Huntington

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Yes, even though he didn't do so great

Votes: 95 33.0%
  • Probably

Votes: 53 18.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 12 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
whatever you do, don't spit in your house...he could testify that you are hiding bodies there.

actually with all the stammering and hedge hawing and sidebars

i dont even know what was said

was all just a mess...
I bet this is why 9 people in court today got the boot for falling asleep
:floorlaugh:

Just putting together what has actually been testified to...

1. There was chloroform found in the trunk. (Vass and FBI chemist)

And can we add that the body was allegedly wrapped in duct tape and a blanket, 2 drawstring garbage bags, and a laundry bag...

Also, there was a stain--some are saying there wasn't. Am I missing something?
http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/22578293/detail.html

I'm thinking there was a body there (too many people said it stunk and like dead body) but maybe for just a very short time.

I don't feel sorry for him one bit, and I don't think he was so innocent...during Cross, it was clear he was purposely being evasive or not answering truthfully when he knew it would help the state. I just watched the whole mess about the amount of days and temperature outside affecting decomposition, and it took JA about 15 minutes to get this guy to finally stop trying to run in circles and finally just agree that JA was right. He said way too many: "Based on that assumption", "I find it unlikely- even though that was never studied", "It's possible, given the assumption"...blah blah blah... I suffered second hand embarrassment for this guy.

Not to mention that ridiculous pig experiment where after that entire testimony he says if he had to do it again he would do the experiment in Florida (not Nebraska), In June (not September) and wrap the pig in a blanket, 2 garbage bags and a laundry bag (and not just keep it bare). WHAT THE HELL? SERIOUSLY? All that testimony just to end up saying that the experiment had NOTHING to do with the case at hand??

He's obviously well educated and knows a lot about his field. I don't think he was trying to be untruthful in any way. I think he might have some of the hubris that comes from being young and newly successful...He's probably used to being the smartest (or at least most educated) person among a group of people, be it a class of his students, the cops he works with, or at the neighborhood barbecue (do they barbecue in Nebraska???) Although they are masters of different domains, JA is clearly an intellectual equal, who gave him a run for his money.

In the end, I'm not sure it matters much. If there is a juror who believes she is guilty, I don't think this changed his/her mind. If there is a juror looking for a reason to find her innocent, I think they may have found something in his testimony to hand that assertion on. For the fence-sitting juror, I think the questions of if Caylee was in fact murdered, and if so, who did it are going to be more important than questions about anything that happened after the fact. JMHO.

I thought this was what Dr Haskell was being paid. Does how qualified/number of years of experience in their field contribute to how much an expert witness is paid?

I don't know. But, maybe that's the going rate for his field ???

IMO

Through all the confusion he was still a good sport about things! I have to admit I felt for him...

Was it Haskell who said he was being paid $22,000 to be a witness? I think so.

I thought he said he was paid 22,000 for his work on the case over the 3 years (or however long it was since they brought him in) Then he gave an hourly rate he was paid for depositions and appearance as a witness.

I think at some point Casey had Caylee in the freezer in the garage Adiopocere cold, damp, oxygen deprived environment. She was setting up her parents. Remember she disappeared. She wasn't seen for weeks. She wasn't at the crime scene. When Mother didn't open the freezer for a bag of fries and find Caylee she then went to the house and moved her to the woods. That is when the Adiopocere ended up in her car. She tried to clean it up with a paper towel she had in the trunk from Tony's house. Then dumped the car. Again, never intending to touch the car again until Mom and Dad are in jail for murdering her child.

I think Huntington's next gig should be in a touring company of "Tap" ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YNf0m8MgKc"]YouTube - ‪The Cast of TAP:the show warming up with some improv‬‏[/ame]

I thought he said he was paid 22,000 for his work on the case over the 3 years (or however long it was since they brought him in) Then he gave an hourly rate he was paid for depositions and appearance as a witness.

Thanks Serjen, I'm sure you are right about that. I only heard the tail end of the convo where Haskell repeated the amount.

Through all the confusion he was still a good sport about things! I have to admit I felt for him...

Yes, that's how I thought too. Anyone put under that kind of attack would feel defensive. But he never showed any irritation or signs that his pride had been wounded. He remained humble throughout.

I voted he won't testify again. :p But---maybe he will. He was a good prosecution witness. lol

I am unsure. I think when his ego recovers (and he loses his defensive and immature hubris about always being right) he may attempt it again. I see enough academic arrogance to air his newly won credentials in public at some point in the future. But all good experts know when to bow to superior facts without acting as if their superior credentials will somehow carry them through. Particularly when that someone basically languished for several years before bothering to finish and write a report.

I found the depo he gave in 2010 hilarious from that standpoint he was told from the get-go there was no money to pay him yet. That was in December 2008. Hadn't JB already gotten the ABC blood money yet? He couldn't have blown through that already. I'll bet the good Dr. asks a few more questions first before he jumps on a plane and shows up at a crime scene that hasn't even been processed yet. Wow. Naive just doesn't cover it.

He remained collected and I'll give him credit for that. But I saw someone that was coached and calculated. That's JMO.

When he continued to insist the trash found in Casey's car could be responsible for a smell 2 years later he lost credibility with me. His experiment was not close to the situation he was testifying to. He was a hot mess IMO.

I think at some point Casey had Caylee in the freezer in the garage Adiopocere cold, damp, oxygen deprived environment. She was setting up her parents. Remember she disappeared. She wasn't seen for weeks. She wasn't at the crime scene. When Mother didn't open the freezer for a bag of fries and find Caylee she then went to the house and moved her to the woods. That is when the Adiopocere ended up in her car. She tried to clean it up with a paper towel she had in the trunk from Tony's house. Then dumped the car. Again, never intending to touch the car again until Mom and Dad are in jail for murdering her child.

I was curious about a freezer or something being involved, but that means the smell everyone is fixated on, wouldn't be there. Simply transporting even a badly (mid-advanced stage) decomposed thawed body across town, unless there were a lot of bodily fluids spilled, the car wouldn't reek for weeks or months. The smell is unique, horrible, hard to describe, but it does dissipate and go away, unless fluids or tissue remains at the place in question. Then that slows down the smell going away.

Just wondering what everyone thinks about Dr. Tim Huntington and whether he'll ever testify again after he was torn apart on the stand by Jeffery Ashton? :D

I think time will tell. He's obviously ambitious ,so I don't think he'll walk away.

Did he learn a lesson today? IDK yet. It depends on what his motives are .

What I do know is that I am not impartial and maybe ,just maybe, he was not as evil as I perceived him to be. Maybe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back