IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that puzzles me about the pants is that Sarah makes it sound very routine.

If she knew Dave liked a particular pair with deeper pockets, why give him the wrong ones knowing he wouldn't be happy? If David was usually quite happy with the pair she gave him, why did he want the deeper pockets on this particular night?

It's another of those questions that could be easily answered if we knew what was *normal* for Dave. It feels like we're given a lot of information that tells us nothing.

Timeline using Freightwaves article citing info from LE and plugging in Google maps miles/estimates for possible discrepancies:

Left Eagle Grove pickup at 10:50 pm
Arrived Marker 126 at 11:15 pm - approx 26 min/25 mi, so nothing unusual
Left Marker 126 approx 11:31 pm - (stayed 16 minutes)
Arrived Hwy 71\20 exit at 12:18 pm - approx 43 min/48 miles, so nothing unusual
Location where truck was found on N14 at 12:40 am - a little over 4 miles north of the exit - why 20 minutes? Why did the truck turn north instead of south?
Wife of Iowa trucker seeks answers a month after his disappearance

One other thing from the linked story that is a little strange to me. (This is after Dave left Marker 126.]:
“He is then seen on a Department of Transportation camera on Highway 20 west of the truck stop heading west.
“This was the last time David was seen,” McClure said. “Cell phone data obtained from David Schultz’s phone corroborates this timeline.”
Investigators claim there was no usable video from the DOT camera.”

We don’t know which DOT camera they are referring to; wish we did. If LE said it was David’s truck that was caught on video, but couldn’t tell if it was David that was driving, that might be why it was not usable video. However, they identify it as the last time DAVID is seen. This would seem to indicate that it was definitely David still driving his truck up to this point. I might be picky, but that to me is “usable”.
I am still convinced that whatever happened to trigger this disappearance happened at the Exit at the junction of Hwy 20W and 71S.
I still don’t know what.
I still don’t know why.
My butt is sore from fence sitting.
Great post.

“Dave called me and said, ‘Hey, could you set out a change of clothes for me? I’m late,’” Sarah Schultz told FreightWaves.

She said her last conversation with Dave was about the fact that he didn’t like the pants she had picked out for him because the pockets weren’t deep enough.

After running upstairs and grabbing a different pair, Dave gave her a kiss goodbye and headed out, Sarah said.

I've seen this interpreted different ways, but grammatically speaking, if this sentence is correct, Dave is the one who ran upstairs and grabbed a different pair of pants.

And as to the subject of why she wouldn't know about the pockets, only the wearer of the pants usually knows the depth!

I remain undecided as to what really happened, but foul play is pretty much at the bottom of my list.

I've seen this interpreted different ways, but grammatically speaking, if this sentence is correct, Dave is the one who ran upstairs and grabbed a different pair of pants.

And as to the subject of why she wouldn't know about the pockets, only the wearer of the pants usually knows the depth!

RSBM

Like you, I interpret it as saying *Dave* went upstairs to pick out another pair of pants. But what the journalist actually meant... who knows. Half the time the journalists don't even seem to know!

I guess my real question regarding the pants is, was it normal for Dave to want deep pockets, or was that specific to this night? If it was normal, it's largely irrelevant and just another extraneous detail getting in the way of the truth. If it wasn't normal, it could be crucially important because it suggests Dave wanted to carry or hide something.

“Dave called me and said, ‘Hey, could you set out a change of clothes for me? I’m late,’” Sarah Schultz told FreightWaves.

She said her last conversation with Dave was about the fact that he didn’t like the pants she had picked out for him because the pockets weren’t deep enough.

After running upstairs and grabbing a different pair, Dave gave her a kiss goodbye and headed out, Sarah said.

I remain undecided as to what really happened, but foul play is pretty much at the bottom of my list.
I would love to hear more of your thoughts. Foul play was on top of my list. I really don't know anymore.

I thought he kissed one boy goodbye and not the other. What happened to that?

ADMIN REMINDER:

A couple of posts were removed, and this post lands at random.

Websleuths has 582,116 threads and 225,117 members. By contrast we have 3 Moderators moderating the board 24/7. Please don't expect our very small volunteer staff to know every single fact of every single case.

All members need to familiarize themselves with the TOS they agreed to upon registering with Websleuths. As set out in the Terms of Service (TOS aka The Rules) members are required to provide links to approved sources for information stated as fact. If you state something as fact without providing a link, you run the risk that your post will be removed.

Moo..I work at dog kennels at moment, my version of wash up is, hands, arms, face. I most definitely have favorite work clothes, pockets are important with dirty jobs. I have also worked construction site clean ups and seen fist fights between sub contractors, usually it's over quick, shake hands get on with the day. But...moo, if there was a fight take the truck one way and the body in opposite direction. It is late at nite people are tired and cranky...moo

Moo. I have read on this thread some people with knowledge of hauling livestock. I do not have experience with hogs. But when I was 14 I used to work chicken catching in Ontario and in my 20's in bc I did chicken catching. We would get picked up in van about 11pm start work 12ish work till 3-4ish. And they would hire anyone, people could be totally cranked up, just as long as you do the job. Can't say I ever remember meeting truck driver. But you catch chicken and hand up to loaders. Maybe the truck drivers do help. Anyways point is they will hire anybody as long as you got some muscle and don't mind getting dirty.....no idea what hog moving is like, but sure they are not picky about hiring nice people...moo

Moo. I have read on this thread some people with knowledge of hauling livestock. I do not have experience with hogs. But when I was 14 I used to work chicken catching in Ontario and in my 20's in bc I did chicken catching. We would get picked up in van about 11pm start work 12ish work till 3-4ish. And they would hire anyone, people could be totally cranked up, just as long as you do the job. Can't say I ever remember meeting truck driver. But you catch chicken and hand up to loaders. Maybe the truck drivers do help. Anyways point is they will hire anybody as long as you got some muscle and don't mind getting dirty.....no idea what hog moving is like, but sure they are not picky about hiring nice people...moo
At 7:06 you can see how hog/pig/piglets are loaded onto livestock trailers that are backed up to a loading dock. There aren't a lot of people involved. The truck drivers do not help, chase pigs etc. An outdoor loading would be similar, with a pen of pigs and a ramp that the trailer backs up to. MOO

MOO

It seems with a lot of the missing person's cases I follow here and elsewhere that a lot of the time family and/or friends are on TV pleading for their return or the community is doing searches, vigils and hanging flyers. In my opinion, it seems odd not to be seeing these things or have I missed them? I know United Cajun Navy was asking for volunteers for searches, but are people not continuing to search?

Edited for typo

Last edited:
Investigators claim there was no usable video from the DOT camera.”

We don’t know which DOT camera they are referring to; wish we did.
If LE said it was David’s truck that was caught on video, but couldn’t tell if it was David that was driving, that might be why it was not usable video. However, they identify it as the last time DAVID is seen. This would seem to indicate that it was definitely David still driving his truck up to this point. I might be picky, but that to me is “usable”.
I am still convinced that whatever happened to trigger this disappearance happened at the Exit at the junction of Hwy 20W and 71S.
I still don’t know what.
I still don’t know why.
My butt is sore from fence sitting.

From the press release from the Sac County Sheriff.

Investigators obtained video footage of David Schultz at 11:15 PM on November 21, 2023, at the MM126 truck stop east of Fort Dodge on Hwy 20. Schultz is there for 16 minutes before leaving the truck stop. He is then seen on a DOT camera on Hwy 20 west of MM 126 truck stop heading west. This was the last time David Schultz was seen. Cell phone data obtained from David Schult’s phone corroborates this timeline.Cell phone data also shows investigators that Schultz travels across Hwy to the intersection of Hwy 20 & Hwy 71 junction. There was not any usable video from the DOT camera at Hwy 4 and Hwy 20, and there is no video of Schultz stopping at the truck stop at Hwy 4.

Also from the linked article: "I think it's very unlikely based on the video evidence that we have of him in Fort Dodge that somebody else was in the truck," said McClure, who declined to go into further detail about the video, other than to say, "You can clearly see that it's him on video."Wife of missing Wall Lake truck driver David Schultz: 'I want my husband. It's exhausting. It's awful'

It seems with a lot of the missing person's cases I follow here and elsewhere that a lot of the time family and/or friends are on TV pleading for their return or the community is doing searches, vigils and hanging flyers. In my opinion, it seems odd not to be seeing these things or have I missed them? I know United Cajun Navy was asking for volunteers for searches, but are people not continuing to search?

Edited for typo
There has recently been a reward offered which I believe was set up by David's wife Sarah.

Also there has been an ongoing fund raising campaign, which might have been used for the reward and search efforts by the UCN.

JMO

Edited for typo

His wife has done several TV interviews tearfully pleading for help finding him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234