IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent the morning looking into the Franklin Child Prostitution Ring. I'm new to all this, so I'm curious what some of you more seasoned sleuthers think. Real? Hoax?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_Coverup

Very disturbing, either way. And pretty close geographically to Iowa.

Just checking in today. I see I missed pages 2 - 16. Wondering if I should go back and read those or just start from here. Up until this point I have read every single page. Is anything new or are we talking about all of the white van attempted abductions (which there seem to be a lot of)?

Nothing new. Another person that owns a white van was cleared.

"There's a huge outpouring of calls that we've received involving white vans," Lt. Sean Crosier said. "This particular offender, you know he's experiencing some very strong urges to have an encounter with a teenage girl."

In fact, WSAZ.com spotted nearly three white mini or cargo style vans practically every minute. In just 12 seconds, we found five vans passing in and out of the Capital City.

Investigators say there's no distance these types of predators will not travel, which is why they say we've seen abductions in other counties.

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/...nnected_to_Attempted_Abduction_144430195.html

The only thing I think about this is the key word "teenage". I am not sure if this fits this case as these were pre-pubescent or tweens. usually a perp hjas one type of "fantasy" in mind and does not deviate. So...not sure.

where can I find the name?

sorry - I do not have a specific name, just noticed someone struggling to follow up on someone. I was giving general advice on something I have learned the hard way myself in other cases.

:angel:

THIS is scary.

Has this been discussed here yet?

Why was the girl in the back of the van motioning for the 2 girls to run away from the van?

Could this be related to our girls? :(

Because quite possibly the girl in the back of the van had also been kidnapped and is being held against her will.

Just checking in today. I see I missed pages 2 - 16. Wondering if I should go back and read those or just start from here. Up until this point I have read every single page. Is anything new or are we talking about all of the white van attempted abductions (which there seem to be a lot of)?

LOL that happens to me too. I need to sleep!

Basically what's new is the media, I'm assuming asked by LE, released a couple of photos - one of a dreaded-white-van at a gas station and one of the driver of the van inside the store. He wasn't a suspect or a "potential witness" just someone they hoped might know something. (I'm still confused by this myself). He came forward and contacted the FBI about 10 minutes after his photo was shown and didn't seem to know anything unfortunately. He's also the "Olympics watcher" in case that comes up again and is confusing.

ETA: here's the latest story I've seen about it: http://www.kwwl.com/story/19174082/...hite-astro-van-in-missing-girls-investigation. It changes fairly often so I think it's a decent one to watch for updates.

As was already mentioned this guy is NOT a POI so we can't 'sleuth' him at least not on here.

Spent the morning looking into the Franklin Child Prostitution Ring. I'm new to all this, so I'm curious what some of you more seasoned sleuthers think. Real? Hoax?

I live in Iowa and I believe that organization does exist, and may still be operating. I remember all of this. They were interviewing people all over, Iowa and Nebraska, then when the producers tried to air the material, a documentary, the powers that be stopped them, you can see it on-line though. The documentary is called CONSPIRACY OF SILENCE.

In 1993 the Yorkshire Television Group sent a small team to Omaha, Nebraska to investigate what was left of the Franklin Case. After spending nearly a year in Omaha collecting footage and interviews, the crew felt they had a documentary that may even win awards. With nearly half a million dollars spent on production, Conspiracy of Silence was set to shatter the silence that had shrouded the case.

In May of 1994 when the ground-breaking documentary was scheduled to air thousands tuned in to find that once again the powers that be had silenced the Franklin story. Later DeCamp was told that cable companies had struck a deal with Congress to not impede on their programming if they pulled Conspiracy of Silence. An unknown purchaser bought all of the copies of the program, and reimbursed Yorkshire Television the production costs. But not all copies were destroyed. In 1995 John DeCamp received a cutting room copy of the documentary.
http://mikecane2008.wordpress.com/2008/03/07/the-franklin-credit-union-sex-scandal/
Here is a link to it:

Yes I do remember seeing that.

Another random thought is that some places charge less if you pay cash for gas vs. using a card, even a debit card. I think it's a financial advantage for the store. Personally I just get gas where I get gas and it looks reasonably priced but my husband has been telling me about the places that charge less if you pay cash and he looks for them. I have no idea if this is just a California thing though.

I agree. And a lot of people just put in $10, $20 or so. Not great on the fuel pump, but, the economic reality of today. I will pay cash if I know filling up will only be about $40 or so, because the gas stations debit system automatically runs your card for up to $75-$125 to "make sure you have funds". It usually is reversed after the transaction in complete, however, it can take up to 48 hours to free up that money again in someplaces...

I live in Iowa and I believe that organization does exist, and may still be operating. I remember all of this. They were interviewing people all over, Iowa and Nebraska, then when the producers tried to air the material, a documentary, the powers that be stopped them, you can see it on-line though. The documentary is called CONSPIRACY OF SILENCE.

In 1993 the Yorkshire Television Group sent a small team to Omaha, Nebraska to investigate what was left of the Franklin Case. After spending nearly a year in Omaha collecting footage and interviews, the crew felt they had a documentary that may even win awards. With nearly half a million dollars spent on production, Conspiracy of Silence was set to shatter the silence that had shrouded the case.

In May of 1994 when the ground-breaking documentary was scheduled to air thousands tuned in to find that once again the powers that be had silenced the Franklin story. Later DeCamp was told that cable companies had struck a deal with Congress to not impede on their programming if they pulled Conspiracy of Silence. An unknown purchaser bought all of the copies of the program, and reimbursed Yorkshire Television the production costs. But not all copies were destroyed. In 1995 John DeCamp received a cutting room copy of the documentary.
http://mikecane2008.wordpress.com/2008/03/07/the-franklin-credit-union-sex-scandal/
Here is a link to it:

Wow. This is pretty mind blowing stuff! Thanks so much for the link. I will definitely watch it later.

I've followed this story over the years..I am not a seasoned sluether per se lol but I do think this is real.

I started off as a skeptic but..
For several years I was an online moderator for a large international community that has messageboards and chatrooms (I'm not allowed to say which but I will say it is a company that used to inundate you all with CDs in the mail). My job was to remove illegal content and protect members, especially children and teens. Some of it was in text and some of it was user posted material (videos and photos). The things that I saw and read...well I still have nightmares. I learned the vastness of the evil in the world and that it has no bounds, and is not limited to people of power and people in government and those of great wealth.

Those things considered, I would take the Franklin cover up seriously. Yes.

Pic 1: A pic of the end of Maiden Lane, through the fence, taken from the trail

Pic 2: The beginning of Maiden Lane, taken from the driveway of the pump house

Pic 3: From several paces down Maiden Lane, looking back up towards Arbutus

Pic 4: The clearing in the woods that is Maiden Lane, looking southwest. The lake is on the right, with just a portion of the jetty visible, trail and fence just out of view to the left

Pic 5: Pic of the trail from the end of Maiden Lane - essentially the reverse of the first pic

Attachments

• DSC00052.JPG
    DSC00052.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC00069.JPG
    DSC00069.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC00070.JPG
    DSC00070.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC00071.JPG
    DSC00071.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC00076.JPG
    DSC00076.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 64

Pic 4: The clearing in the woods that is Maiden Lane, looking southwest. The lake is on the right, with just a portion of the jetty visible, trail and fence just out of view to the left

Pic 5: Pic of the trail from the end of Maiden Lane - essentially the reverse of the first pic

Thank you Olli :)

thank you. I think it does look like grass area on the right of the pump wood area. I guess I'm really wondering if the highlighted mark on the map is the actual fence line? Because if so then to me it would be a quicker, easier way to get the bikes to the path.

I believe that is the actual fence line. I'm not local but have looked at a lot of photos. Also, a car could park in the grassy area. MCM has been quoted as saying that is where the family pulled in and parked on that day. She didn't clarify when but the assumption is that they parked there after the bikes were found and they went there to see the area. I don't have the link handy but I may be able to find it. DM said that the bikes were right by the open gate. I don't think they were quite as far down as on the map a few posts above. They were a little closer to the jetty.

I believe that is the actual fence line. I'm not local but have looked at a lot of photos. Also, a car could park in the grassy area. MCM has been quoted as saying that is where the family pulled in and parked on that day. She didn't clarify when but the assumption is that they parked there after the bikes were found and they went there to see the area. I don't have the link handy but I may be able to find it. DM said that the bikes were right by the open gate. I don't think they were quite as far down as on the map a few posts above. They were a little closer to the jetty.

I thought that was interesting. How did they know to park right there?

Are they familiar with that lake? Or is it obvious that one can pull in and park there?

Thank you so much for all you've done to help solve this case. May I ask, what do you think happened?

I've followed this story over the years..I am not a seasoned sluether per se lol but I do think this is real.

I started off as a skeptic but..
For several years I was an online moderator for a large international community that has messageboards and chatrooms (I'm not allowed to say which but I will say it is a company that used to inundate you all with CDs in the mail). My job was to remove illegal content and protect members, especially children and teens. Some of it was in text and some of it was user posted material (videos and photos). The things that I saw and read...well I still have nightmares. I learned the vastness of the evil in the world and that it has no bounds, and is not limited to people of power and people in government and those of great wealth.

Those things considered, I would take the Franklin cover up seriously. Yes.

I agree was well. I first heard of it after I stumbled upon Noreen Gosch's book (mother of Johnny Gosch, paperboy that disappeared in Iowa when I was a paperboy of the same age). I realize many have debunked her, and she has been labeled as crazy, but the stuff that her story led me to, and the world it attempted to expose, is very scary. Considering the power and money involved, and their ability to cover their own tracks with influence and/or intimidation, it doesn't surprise me that the whole thing is labeled as a "conspiracy." I can't understand why a mother of a missing boy would invent some of the things Gosch did. While I'm sure she embellished, exaggerated, and connected dots that maybe were a stretch, I have a hard time believing it was a complete hoax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli