IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, they sure did. I found the link on twitter.

KCRG ‏@KCRG
Authorities continue to ask for tips in #evansdalesearch: http://bit.ly/QmmkLX (says 3 hours ago)

The article has since been updated, 5 hours later.

Story Created: Aug 10, 2012 at 12:18 PM CDT

Story Updated: Aug 10, 2012 at 5:03 PM CDT

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/The-Search-for-Elizabeth--Lyric-Four-Weeks-Later-165745756.html

eta, it did say what I posted. That's why I posted it.

They did update the article so it must have been removed then.....

Story Created: Aug 10, 2012 at 12:18 PM CDT

(Story Updated: Aug 10, 2012 at 5:03 PM CDT )

i would like to hear from le in regard to the boy/people that tb spoke to. tb did say that le had the name and ph# of the little boy....so, when le was asked they responded with "no comment". so, there are not too many reasons why this would be.

no snark intended, purely my own opinion that if this boy had actually seen the girls then le would/could use that in there official timeline.

now, why instead of using this alleged info le decides to "no comment" it.

seems that le has a very rigid timeline worked out that leaves no room for gmas last sighting or anyone in the parks sightings (possible).

it only accounts for the video with the 8min. error that is so grainy that i feel that its impossible to be sure who is on bicycles...but this video does practically eliminate most of the possible recountments of the girls movements that day. why would fbi/le do that ?

seriously, im not being a smart azz... i honestly dont understand where they are going with all of this. ive been reading since page one and am just as confused now that on day one.

Now how do I rid this from my thoughts? I can't. I saw it, copied & pasted it...whoa is me...I'll just tuck that in my file to review later. ha ha! Very interesting though.

IMO, there is something very hush hush going on. LE doesn't acknowledge witnesses...articles with quotes morph (it is not just this one).

The Search for Elizabeth & Lyric: Four Weeks Later

snipped the very interesting part

We also encourage anyone who may have had a minor or perhaps unintentional part at the time in the disappearance of the girls to contact investigators," the release said.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/The-Search-for-Elizabeth--Lyric-Four-Weeks-Later-165745756.html

Sorry if it's a repeat as I've been in and out today.

I wonder what kind of "minor or perhaps unintentional part" someone may have had in the disappearance of Lyric and Elizabeth? I've heard pleas for anyone with info to come forward, but it seems odd the way LE worded it in this instance, IMO.

I just read the article and the statement is not in it! Where did you see that?

That is a weird thing to say, isn't it?! I am convinced that these reporters all need to go back to 7th grade and take some grammar classes.

They may have deleted that portion or edited it. It happened to me on an article I posted and had to go back to google to find it....and it showed that they had changed it. We don't know if the system the reporter uses would update the time on every change they make. Like here...there may be a time contraint for editing and if done before, it wouldn't show as an update. ?

The Search for Elizabeth & Lyric: Four Weeks Later

snipped the very interesting part

We also encourage anyone who may have had a minor or perhaps unintentional part at the time in the disappearance of the girls to contact investigators," the release said.http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/The-Search-for-Elizabeth--Lyric-Four-Weeks-Later-165745756.html

Sorry if it's a repeat as I've been in and out today.

BBM --

You know, to me, that sounds like they have something (perhaps DNA on the bikes?? just a guess, could be anything) that tells them that someone (other than the girls, not the family) was at the scene. And, now they want anyone who may have been there to come forward to rule themselves out of the scenerio. Maybe they think someone could have moved the bikes.

I googled the quote and this was the first to come up....so yes, it WAS there and it's been changed.

The Search for Elizabeth & Lyric: Four Weeks Later | KCRG-TV9 ...

www.kcrg.com/evansdaledisappearance/The-Search-for-Elizabeth--L...
5 hours ago – "We also encourage anyone who may have had a minor or perhaps unintentional part at the time in the disappearance of the girls to contact ...

I'm starting to think there have been two different occurrences regarding this case, which are playing right into the perp's hand.

I believe the girls were abducted somewhere in the vicinity where their Grandma saw them last.

There are two local bars located in the same vicinity very close to each other. The girls went missing during the time people would be eating lunch.

How the girls were lured is a mystery, but I believe their bikes were picked up by teenagers and ridden to the lake and dumped in the spot where the thieves would not be seen dumping them. They didn't take the time to check the purse on the way there because they would have had to stop and may have been caught with the bikes, but once in the park, checked it, and threw it away.

Mr. RC may have seen the girls, but they probably turned around and went back toward E's home.

The timeline does not fit for seeing the bikes by TG and the man who told Aunt T he saw the girls probably saw someone else.

Due to the fact the bikes were taken, most of the focus was on the lake for quite some time.

I would like to know if the two local bars, as well as Ledermans have cctv in their parking lots.

The only thing I can think of as to why the girls may have gotten off their bikes in a parking lot, was to look at a dog in a vehicle, possibly waiting for their master while they were having lunch.

All just speculation on my part and MOO.

Now how do I rid this from my thoughts? I can't. I saw it, copied & pasted it...whoa is me...I'll just tuck that in my file to review later. ha ha! Very interesting though.

gaaahhh, im sorry, where were you? to see bad stuff? just curious, did you find anything of use tho?

I wonder what kind of "minor or perhaps unintentional part" someone may have had in the disappearance of Lyric and Elizabeth? I've heard pleas for anyone with info to come forward, but it seems odd the way LE worded it in this instance, IMO.

There have been cases where a perp has asked someone, like a friend or family member to transport containers and things like that...in retrospect the person who assisted was unaware, but later upon looking back realized that it was an odd request. Another idea is if someone borrowed a vehicle from someone during that time period... Perhaps something like that. MOO

I wonder if perhaps the "minor part" could be whoever rode the bikes to the lake? Perhaps LE knows that the girls didn't go to the lake but someone else did ride the bikes there? Maybe they want to know where they picked up the bikes and at what time.

I wonder if perhaps the "minor part" could be whoever rode the bikes to the lake? Perhaps LE knows that the girls didn't go to the lake but someone else did ride the bikes there? Maybe they want to know where they picked up the bikes and at what time.

Something like, hey kids wanna make a buck, ride these two bikes down to the lake and park them for me/us. Problem is....sooner or later...truth from the mouth of babes...

I guess it could be what happened, along with a few other scenarios. I haven't seen anything that points to this being organized? What are you basing this on? Thanks!

Well I admit I haven't been following this case as closely as others but I can't help but ignore the obvious facts/basics about it. You have not 1 girl missing but 2! And there is no sign of them anywhere (even drained the lake to check) yet LE still has "reason to believe" they are still alive? Even when the purse and bikes were found in a still puzzling way that no ones really figured out yet. Most child abductions by strangers LE believes that after 48hrs most victims aren't alive anymore. For all I know the perp/perps could have just gotten lucky with this one and could have been really unorganized :(

I'm also not ruling out the possibility someone mentioned earlier about one of the girls being "groomed" and lured into danger.

do you mean like just little prankster kids? not thieves or anyone having anything to do with the actual abduction?

Containers..big boxes...barrels..ice chests..transport of stuff like that.

I thought that in view of the discouragement we're all feeling, it would be a good time to revisit Sandy Breault, FBI. She has specifically stated that they will not release any evidence because it may risk the girls.

3:30 p.m. Saturday - EVANSDALE, Iowa --- Investigators still wouldn’t say they had any new leads Saturday afternoon, but stressed that they were “confident” both Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook-Morrissey are still alive.
FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault wouldn’t say what made them confident, even as statistics show that the longer someone goes missing, the less likely it is they will be found.
“We believe the girls are alive, and we are not discouraged by the passage of time,” Breault told reporters at the Evansdale Community Response Center Saturday.
Officials said no arrest warrants had been issued but wouldn’t comment on any search warrants.
Hindering the investigation, Breault said, was a lack of cooperation from “all” of the two missing girls’ family and friends. She wouldn’t release details on who that person or persons may be.“It’s a roadblock,” she said.
Police will only say that “physical evidence” was found relating to the girls, but wouldn’t say if it was found by police, the dive teams or by the search dogs brought in to canvass the area near Meyers Lake, where the two went missing July 13.
Breault said investigators are still following every tip that comes into the FBI or the Cedar Valley Crimestoppers hotlines and that it was a “top priority for the FBI.”
"I can't stress enough that we truly believe the girls are out there," Breault said. "We believe someone out there has information."

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_507d9bca-d2b1-11e1-8f0b-0019bb2963f4.html

I know time has passed since then, but she specifically says that time is not a factor here in their belief the girls are alive, and uses very strong language to do so. This is an unusual statement for the FBI who usually leave things like this unsaid.

It is also clear that they believe there is more information and witnesses out there, and that they are not getting full cooperation in the investigation.

:moo:

BBM --

You know, to me, that sounds like they have something (perhaps DNA on the bikes?? just a guess, could be anything) that tells them that someone (other than the girls, not the family) was at the scene. And, now they want anyone who may have been there to come forward to rule themselves out of the scenerio. Maybe they think someone could have moved the bikes.

Maybe Paddleboat Guy played a "minor role".

SBM

It seems that when the other parents are seen, they become the focus instead of the focus being on the missing girls. If I were in that situation, I might stay away from this type of event as well in order to keep the available media coverage and everyone's attention on my daughter and niece and not on what I was wearing, my demeanor, etc.

I don't think someone would say, "... the last time we have is at, too." The word "too" meaning "also." Maybe - but he would have to really be stumbling over words and that's not the impression I have as I watch him speak.

BBM

You're totally right. Don't know where my 'brain' went. LOL. I'm still reading it wrong every other time. As "that's the last time we have it at too."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444