IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lurk: I've got a couple of questions about the area of the surveillance video (posted July 25, 2012 3:39 pm • WCF Courier).

The caption reads: "Authorities say this surveillance video released by Cornbelt Auction, 3520 Lafayette Road, shows missing girls Lyric and Elizabeth riding their bicycles in an alley behind Lederman's Big & Tall Clothing at approximately 12:11 p.m. Friday, July 13. The girls are seen riding by on the top right side of the screen. The video represents the last time the girls were seen since July 13."

Where is Lederman's in relation to the view shown? And what IS Cornbelt Auctions --- is it used for actual public auctions or is it a storage warehouse or something like that? And, finally, what do you think of the white chair on the loading dock below the camera? If someone were to have that vantage point on most weekdays maybe, they'd be one to know the girls' routine pretty well...just throwin' that out there...

Here's a still shot of what I'm looking at:
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.town...0e-0019bb2963f4/5010599c030f6.preview-300.jpg

TIA!

I see what you mean. A spot for workers to sit and have coffee, eat their lunch, have a smoke, see what is going on up and down the street. Looks like a blue porta potty there too. I wonder if the girls ever stopped in to use that while they were riding, instead of going back to the house? Would be interesting to find out what those who use this spot have seen and know.

I see what you mean. A spot for workers to sit and have coffee, eat their lunch, have a smoke, see what is going on up and down the street. Looks like a blue porta potty there too. I wonder if the girls ever stopped in to use that while they were riding, instead of going back to the house? Would be interesting to find out what those who use this spot have seen and know.

It was described as an alley, but doesn't look like any alley I have seen. The porta potty is at a tilt so I don't think its used. Also the houses on the other side have full visibility of that place.

In respect to my previous post found here:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #14

I'm not sure i clarified my thoughts after re-reading. My mention of the girls having been at the lake earlier I would think the dogs used at the scene would alert on, and although i didn't come out and say it, i meant to insinuate more than one individual was involved, after just having read about the foiled abduction by the father on motorcycle linked earlier. The reason for returning the bikes to the lake - simple - the perps had seen them there earlier, and to throw LE off making it seem at least initially they'd drowned, so attention was elsewhere. I thought that from beginning.

IMHO it'd take half the time to get bikes on path at lake via auto as opposed to getting there on bikes across many side streets (if i understood previous postings about the possible routes taken), then have a tussle, and get girls out of there before TG arrived. I think the wheels on the bikes would still be spinning on the concrete if they'd just been taken the time is so short.

Did mr TG mention any vehicles nearby when he started down the trail? Not thinking anything abnormal, i wouldn't have noticed. Not sure what he saw though, or what 's near where he entered.

All the above just my own personal musings trying to help Elizabeth and Lyric, this is NOT in response to any specific post made at any time, just readjusting as time goes by... :(
No critique of anyone else's carefully thought out theories either. Tensions are high, and you know what they say about opinions, lol... Just as long as it helps L & E. I think all WS members deserve a big pat on the back for investing so much thought and time for all the various cases.
:moo:

Really???? I've seen MCM at the River Forest Road Casey's, in uniform with nametag...

Maybe she's worked at both (or more) locations????? Or, perhaps the article is wrong.

For those working on the timeline regarding the time between when Elizabeth and Lyric were last seen on surveillance video behind Lederman's (around 12:15) and when Mr. Gamerdinger told MSM that he saw the bikes (approximately 12:20 based on when he called his daughter, his call time being 12:28) - just FYI, here is what the daughter has written on FB. She wrote on 7-21 and on 7-23 that he stopped to use the restroom at the park in front of the lake and that after using the restroom, he filled his water bottle and then called her. She also says his phone has the time as 12:27 and her phone has the time as 12:28.
She has also said that his route home was in front of Meyers Lake up to Lafayette down McCoy and to the Gilbertville Depot Rd. (but I'm not sure how that helps with the timeline of when the girls most likely disappeared).

dotr, any link containing all those asteriks is against TOS. I'd delete, imo.

For those working on the timeline regarding the time between when Elizabeth and Lyric were last seen on surveillance video behind Lederman's (around 12:15) and when Mr. Gamerdinger told MSM that he saw the bikes (approximately 12:20 based on when he called his daughter, his call time being 12:28) - just FYI, here is what the daughter has written on FB. She wrote on 7-21 and on 7-23 that he stopped to use the restroom at the park in front of the lake and that after using the restroom, he filled his water bottle and then called her. She also says his phone has the time as 12:27 and her phone has the time as 12:28.
She has also said that his route home was in front of Meyers Lake up to Lafayette down McCoy and to the Gilbertville Depot Rd. (but I'm not sure how that helps with the timeline of when the girls most likely disappeared).

Even though we aren't supposed to use FB as a source, it certainly helps me.

TG's timing was always an estimate...he never said he saw the bikes at 12.20, he said he saw them ABOUT 12.20.

Now you've told us his phone was possibly a minute slow...maybe even more if his daughter's phone was slow as well.

This fits in perfectly...if the cctv was 12.15, and TG saw the bikes at ABOUT 12.20, it could well be 12.23 or 12.24.

Thank you!

TG's timing was always an estimate...he never said he saw the bikes at 12.20, he said he saw them ABOUT 12.20.

Now you've told us his phone was possibly a minute slow...maybe even more if his daughter's phone was slow as well.

This fits in perfectly...if the cctv was 12.15, and TG saw the bikes at ABOUT 12.20, it could well be 12.23 or 12.24.

Thank you!

The point is not to help or hurt anyone's opinion. This isn't a contest.

I don't think either cell phone was slow. I would think they had the same time. If his phone says he placed the call at 12:27 and hers says she received the call at 12:28, why could that not just be the time changing?

Biking around a blind curve and almost colliding into the bikes makes you wonder abt them being grabbed right there. The perps could have been caught by any biker because they couldn't see who was coming.
Do cars drive down that bike path? Or motorcycles maybe?

When the evidence that was tested comes back, will they tell the public?

Biking around a blind curve and almost colliding into the bikes makes you wonder abt them being grabbed right there. The perps could have been caught by any biker because they couldn't see who was coming.
Do cars drive down that bike path? Or motorcycles maybe?

I don't think so.

Thank you!

Well...that just puts him right there when they got there doesn't it? If the cctv camera is off by 8 minutes...

I just don't get it..

(not being critical; just don't get it) will someone please explain to me why all the fundraising events?
what is the money being raised for? I have not seen the reward money increased, so where is it going and for what purpose?

I know the FBI provides counseling for the family now and also for when the girl do come home, so it can't be that? The FBI also provides any necessary medical care.

thank you

To help out the families. They took off quite a bit of time from work during all of this (understandably so). This past month has to have been pretty expensive and you're talking about two families (plus grandparents etc). Heather and Drew have been at the state fair, having a presence trying to make a difference for their kids by keeping the interest in the case going. I imagine this isn't cheap.

And also..there are people who want to help, don't live close enough and this is what they know that they can do.

I believe they were referring to those who had means, possible motive, and opportunity.

TG does not fit this description.

Nor do I.

I think it's safe to assume that I am not a suspect.

Are you a local mentioned in the case? If not, I think it's safe to say you're more than likely not a suspect. ;) That said, anyone is a suspect till proven otherwise.

The point is not to help or hurt anyone's opinion. This isn't a contest.

I don't think either cell phone was slow. I would think they had the same time. If his phone says he placed the call at 12:27 and hers says she received the call at 12:28, why could that not just be the time changing?

I'm not quite sure what you mean here, I was merely thanking another poster?

None of us knows where the girls are, so EVERYTHING we are posting here is opinion.

My opinion is based on many things including hearsay, msm, statistics, likliehoods. If I happen across a little scrap that adds just another tiny weight to the scale that my opinion is leaning the right way, why should I not thank the poster for it? We are all sleuthing here, or should be, not criticising other sleuther's motives.

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member